Mobile and wax advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
Hi All
I recently trained with Kim Lawless in speed and intimate and i am rearing to go, but i am holding myself back as i am mobile and scared about going about waxing etc.
Any tips on packaging stuff securely and should i warm the wax in my x2 individual pots before i go to a clients house? should i take a plastic sheet to lay under couch?
I had excellent training and feel very confident now and don't want this to dissapear by not doing any waxing for several weeks although i am nervous about the intimate but did fine on the course think it is just the nerves getting the better of me.
any advice very welcome especially from ay current mobile waxers
thanks

Hi I do mobile waxing, I don't use hot or pot wax as I don't do intimate but use a roller wax instead, I find this system perfect for mobile use as you don't have to worry about it spilling, with this I heat up before I go and then put it straight on at a clients house... No waiting then for it to heat up. I'm not sure about pot wax and transporting about. I usually put a sheet down on the floor under the table just for my own piece of mind. With all the after wax, powder, strips and pre wax etc i keep in a little wicker open box and this sits in a bag, its perfect as they all sit snug and you can just pop this on the side when setting up, keeps everywhere neat and you have everything in one place.Hope this helps x

I think this question comes up quite a lot. I don't know what brand of wax you use but with Perron Rigot this problem is eliminated! All their tins of wax come with a plastic lid that you can just pop on and off. For hot wax buy a spare PR tin (costs about £2 I think) and put your beads in their.

There are probably other brands that do this as well so just keep an eye out. Its easy to throw the plastic lid in the bin without thinking but its really useful. I believe PR is Kim Lawless' prefered wax as well.

Hope that helps :hug:

Thanks guys
i have pr wax and digital wax heaters with a spare tin etc so will heat the wax before i go and then plug straight in at client's house.
thanks for help

I use berins blue which is great because it works at a lower operating temperature which means you work with a solid lump in the middle and take from round the sides which melt quickly. I put my pots on as soon as I arrive, then set up my couch with dunelm mill plastic fabric floor protector underneath and by the time I have set out my spats/lotions/strips for strip wax and gone throught the client consultation, got them prepped, trimmed if necessary the wax is ready to go.

I use the hot Perron rigot wax(euroblonde?)
When doing intimate waxing I use my dual heater, the only thing I find is that I have to heat up the wax on number1 for about 2 hours previous otherwise i found that if I heated it up too quick it was too hot. Don't know if it's just me whether I need to find the right temperature.

Just another tip I find useful is don't fill your wax pots up to the top. Less chance of spillage and quicker to get back up to temp at the clients house. Also take an extension lead, some peoples plugs are miles away from the best light source! Bite the bullet and go for it, you will be a bag of nerves for your first few but that will pass, allow a little extra time too until you get your flow. Xx

Please can anyone give me advice on what type of wax heater I should use as I am a mobile beauty therapist and need something that does the job quick and is worth it. I have seen plenty of wax heaters just not sure which one to get as they all sound great just need one to fit the job.:mad: im getting frustrated pleeeeez help..

For me its always Hive..
IMO they have the best range of heaters both analogue and digital and sizes with something that should suit every therapist. Here is a link to their website take a look.

Hive of Beauty Ltd

Jack

For me its always Hive..
IMO they have the best range of heaters both analogue and digital and sizes with something that should suit every therapist. Here is a link to their website take a look.

Hive of Beauty Ltd

Jack

Thanks jack

What do u think about the Wax cartridges with roller ball? And would that be the 500cc hive heater as the 1000cc would be to big? What works best for you ? As a mobile therapist?.

Sorry I just want to be precise not got much money so spending it wisely :) x:rolleyes:

I dont do mobile services but there have been loads of previous threads about the best sizes of wax heaters to use and transport methods etc so have a search and you will find these really helpful..

I guess it all comes down to the amount of waxing you anticipate doing as to what size of heater although I would tend to go with a 1000cc heater as I feel the 500cc are too small and with a bigger heater the 800g tins fit nicely inside and you can use plastic lids on the top. There is not too much difference in price with the Hive heaters.
I prefer a pot and spatula to a roller system any day but I presume for a mobile waxer a roller is a practical option as it heats quickly, can be cleaner with less risk of spills etc... but its a personal choice - if you use a roller and you like that method then consider that method I just think the pot is more versatile..

HTH Jack

I use the hive duel heater for mobile and I have clear carry bag for all my wax kit i've never had problems with transporting. I put soft wax in one side hard in the other and it has a quick heat option i plug in soon as i'm there by the time i've set up etc it's ready to go. I used to use cling film to cover pots before I switched to tins and this worked just fine for transport.

I say this so many times that I should add it in my manual really.

Ok………if I was a mobile freelance therapist, I would heat the wax at home to the correct temperature first.

I would then put the heater/s into one of those deep cooler/picnic boxes that you get from Tesco or wherever. Obviously, take out the ice blocks.

I'd then place the box on the floor of the passenger side front seat and plug the heater into a normal UK three pronged plug socket with the other end plugged into the ciggie lighter. They would then be heating whilst you're driving.

This way the heaters are on solid ground and if they spilt, the wax would stay in the box. You then carry the box into the clients home and out again.

I should of said I pre heat before I leave the house, silly I never thought of the picnic box idea! might have a go at that!

hi all

thanks you for tips and advice I think i will go with the hive heater as malewaxer says. will still be keeping a eye out on this post for more hints n tips lol mwah luv ya x:biggrin:

Hi Lotusbeauty,
There are loads of previous threads about mobile waxing with some great tips about transporting wax, setting up and general information that will help you. If you use the search button at the top of the page you find loads.
Good luck with it all

Jack

I wax mobile and it fine! I use two heaters with lockable lids. They are both half full and I take extra hot wax if I have a busy day ahead of me. The tina with lids are great but as they get hot they lift, so don't reply in them to keep the wax in.

I preheat my wax before I leave and plug it in at soon as I get to my client, even before they've filled out a consultation form. The best tip I ever had about keeping wax from spilling was to use a GOOD QUALITY cling film and cling film over the top of the pot and then put the lid on. It won't melt I promise and it works a treat. Like others have said keep it in a separate bag I the footwell of your car to minimise it swishing about. Good luck :)

I hope you can make out my reply through all the typos, I'm sending this from my stupid phone!! Sorry

For me its always Hive..

Hive of Beauty Ltd

Jack

hey sorry for being such a nuisance malewaxer but what do u think of this heater ?

Buy]Buy the 1000cc Waxing Pot Heater the 1000cc Waxing Pot Heater

or the 500cc??? for mobile beauty ofcourse xx:rolleyes:

thanks x:Love:

Latest posts

Back