Mobile Facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
I love doing facials & haven't done many mobile so just wondering if anyone has any tips of making it a bit more special ?

I already do scalp, hand & arm massage whilst mask is on but feel i am missing something as the brand i use (AHAVA) doesn't have loads of little extras like other ranges. I am trained in Clarins & Decleor and have used Dermalogica along the way which all have loads of xtra products & routines sometimes i feel like i am offering a mini facial !!

I can't really do a hot towel being mobile its to much faffing around. I was thinking about mixing up my own aromatherapy blend for scalp massage then someone said that i needed extra insurance for this ?

So if anyone has any tips of what i can add i would be really grateful ! :)

Bombinigirl said:
I love doing facials & haven't done many mobile so just wondering if anyone has any tips of making it a bit more special ?

I already do scalp, hand & arm massage whilst mask is on but feel i am missing something as the brand i use (AHAVA) doesn't have loads of little extras like other ranges. I am trained in Clarins & Decleor and have used Dermalogica along the way which all have loads of xtra products & routines sometimes i feel like i am offering a mini facial !!

I can't really do a hot towel being mobile its to much faffing around. I was thinking about mixing up my own aromatherapy blend for scalp massage then someone said that i needed extra insurance for this ?

Hi honey have you got aromatherapy as a qualification?

If you haven't then you are not insured to make your own blends x

Not sure how you stand using pre blended I cant' remember. Think it would be the same as you have to know all the contra indications to all of the oils etc x

Also with your beauty qualification did you take massage?

angelxdevil said:
Hi honey have you got aromatherapy as a qualification?

If you haven't then you are not insured to make your own blends x

Not sure how you stand using pre blended I cant' remember. Think it would be the same as you have to know all the contra indications to all of the oils etc x

Also with your beauty qualification did you take massage?

Yes i am qualified in Aromatherapy & Massage. I know what you mean about pre-blended some of my clients have high/low blood pressure amongst other things, might give insurance a ring see what they say...

I was thinking about mitting the feet same as Clarins facials but some of clients are from when i used to work at spa & want to offer them something different so they don't think i am just pinching routines ! :lol:

to be honest don't forget you're gonna be out of pocket if you spoil them too much x

do you have a website or anything that lists your facials? or if you pm me with your list i can have a look if that helps honey x

if you're qualified in aroma and insured for it then you don't need to ring the insurance company.

As long as you get your client to fill out a consultation form and ensure that they are not on any medication or pregnant or have high/low bp and the other usual contra indications and if they do have anything that you're not sure about always get a gp's note x

hope i've helped honey x

I do have website - but its under construction :rolleyes: and haven't got facials listed on it yet but i charge £25 & at moment only do one type as im a restricted to what i can offer with my product range !

I am thinking about getting the silhouette dermalift products for a anti ageing facial just waiting for their brochure to arrive but our postie doesn't get here until lunchtime :irked:

With your facials do you offer a facial massage?

Just because your products are limited doesn't mean the treatment should be.

Basic Facial - cleanse tone, scrub moisturise, massage

2nd - add a hot flannel/steam - as long as you have a large bowl, flannel cut out a nose hole and a kettle you'll be fine

3rd - a variation of the one above could be you could add a few drops of essential oil to the water so that they can smell it and it benefits with the steam. - don't forget contra-indications

Aromatherapy facial - cleanse tone, steam (flannel with e/o) and then facial massage with either oil or cream with added e/o's.

4th - add a mask the the treatment

5th - use prescriptive ingredients i.e anti aging etc.

hope i've helped a little x

I sometimes do a free file and polish, on fingernails, or scalp, neck and shoulder massage or arm and hand massage, depends how long the mask(s) have to be on. It just adds value to the facial and hopefully brings the customer back to you.

angelxdevil said:

Basic Facial - cleanse tone, scrub moisturise

2nd - add a hot flannel/steam - as long as you have a large bowl, flannel cut out a nose hole and a kettle you'll be fine

3rd - a variation of the one above could be you could add a few drops of essential oil to the water so that they can smell it and it benefits with the steam. - don't forget contra-indications

Aromatherapy facial - cleanse tone, steam (flannel with e/o) and then facial massage with either oil or cream with added e/o's.

Yes you have helped, thanks :)

I really like the idea of the hot flannel for mobile facial, i will try that tonight.

Have you done reflexology?

You could do a foot massage whilst they've got a mask on too x Make sure you charge extra though x Or you could do it as a freebie x

You could try starting with a mini back massage in your luxury facial. Not anything too long but maybe a 15 min back massage so client is totally relaxed while having facial. They will remember how indulgent and relaxing the facial was and hopefully do it on a reg basis.

cabinkel said:
You could try starting with a mini back massage in your luxury facial. Not anything too long but maybe a 15 min back massage so client is totally relaxed while having facial. They will remember how indulgent and relaxing the facial was and hopefully do it on a reg basis.

Great idea but i used to do this as part of the decleor routine & suprisingly some clients actually said although they loved back massages but they were paying for facial & didn't want it !
I can half see their point as the facials did cost between £40 - £60 but i love having a back massage as part of a facial :)

Sarah forgot to say that i tried the hot flannel & clients loved it :hug: & no i don't do reflexology x x

When I do facials, I do superfacial cleanse, deep cleanse then mask. while the mask is on I give them a hand massage, take the mask off and then give them a neck, shoulder and facial massage to end. This relaxs the client and they really feel they have been pampered. For masks I use a variety of different ones depending on skin type etc, have you tried the Casmara face masks they are great and clients love them.:)

Did you try the hot flannel honey?

angelxdevil said:

Basic Facial - cleanse tone, scrub moisturise

I have never heard of a facial that only involves cleanse,tone,scrub moisturise.A mask comes as standard with any facial as should prescriptive ingredient,i.e Anti-ageing,purifying,hydration etc.Not sure what facials you have learnt but would have thought all this would be basic,certainly not classed as an extra.What facial range do you use,just interested to know please ???

BABSann said:
I have never heard of a facial that only involves cleanse,tone,scrub moisturise.A mask comes as standard with any facial as should prescriptive ingredient,i.e Anti-ageing,purifying,hydration etc.Not sure what facials you have learnt but would have thought all this would be basic,certainly not classed as an extra.What facial range do you use,just interested to know please ???

Don't remember mentioning that these were the types of facials I did, was just trying to give ideas honey.

I use a company called Biocol.

angelxdevil said:
Don't remember mentioning that these were the types of facials I did, was just trying to give ideas honey.
Wasn't trying to be awkward,sorry,it just seemed by your reply that mask,massage and prescription was all an extra,and I would always do this as standard in any facial.Was interested if you had done a facial that didn't have these things as standard,lots of different ways people taught.:hug:

It's ok honey x

All of my facials have these as standard x

Bombinigirl said:

Have you tried doing the pressure points then your massage?You probably already incorporate this in your facial as I know lots do now.My clients love it.So relaxing and great for tension,etc

I love these movements they're great x

angelxdevil said:
It's ok honey x

All of my facials have these as standard x
I probably just misunderstood your reply,have really bad headache,need a facial,LOL xx

Latest posts

Back