Mobile geeks-how long do you tell your client you will be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joingram87

Reaction score
Hi all :)

I hope everyone's enjoying the summer sunshine!!!

I have a quick question...but I know a lot of answers will probably be said :)

How long do you tell your client you will be with them for? Taking into consideration: set up, consultation and pack up

A lady asked me how long I would be with her for next Monday for enhancements.and I said about 3hours in all and she was like 'oh wow that's a long time' i told her it included set up consultation nails and pack up (im still slower at enhancements as I don't do that many and I only qualified in Nov last year...I didn't tell her this though, was that the right thing do?)

So I am curious to know how long you say you will be there for in total for enhancements, re balance and shellac so I know roughly what times to be aiming for especially as an acceptable time for enhancements is 1.5hours and shellac 45mins ish

Xx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Honestly, my clients don't ask, and I tend to find myself there for ages cos I chat too much!! lol! It takes me about 1 1/2 hrs to l&p, (I don't generally get the call for gels). Most of the time my clients don't notice how much time has passed. I would just tell your clients that you want to make sure they get the best possible service, and that takes as long as it takes to make sure they have the best set of nails you can give them... It makes them feel special and time is no longer a problem. :wink2:

I chat way to much also :biggrin: Can't help with the others but with shellac it is normally 1hr. It has been none to be 1hr 1/2. I am working on my chatting whilst working technique.

I was mobile for 10 years and some client ask and some don't. They generally ask so that they can organise their day, it isn't a trick question.

The answer is easy, you tell them how long you think you will take. There is no right or wrong answer, you take as long as you take. If the client thinks this is too long then she must consider if she wants you to do her nails but she must consider if she was to go into town to have them done, how long would it take her to travel there and back so the time is usually shorter for her.

You will build up speed as you go and can reduce your set up and pack up time by being super organised but there is a limit to the time you can save.

Overall clients are grateful that you can come to them and I only had a couple who worried about how long it took when I first started.

Tell the truth, that is the most important thing so that you are not anxious and rushing to get finished. :biggrin:

When they ask, I tend to break it down for them and say the treatment usually takes x then I'll be there 10mins or so before to set up and about the same again afterwards to pack away.

Thanks for all your replies so far :)

I say it takes about 10 to set up, 10 for consultation if first time and 10 to pack away but im scared to say how long for the treatment if.pts enhancements because i do take about 2.5-3hours still :(

Shellac im not as scared about as im getting quite efficient with that. My heart just drops when im asked for enhancements because of the time factor...but like shedunlop says it takes as long as it takes and if their not happy with the time they give then they won't go ahead and book

I'm in the same situation :cry: and when a new client books in without asking how long it will take I always put the phone down and panic that I didn't tell them:Scared: Then I start thinking I should call them back but how unprofessional does that sound :rolleyes: But I would always rather warn people in case they have other plans for the rest of the day!

Kirsty x

I understand your not up to speed yet...

But 10 minutes to set-up and 10 mins to pack away? No offence but why does it take you so long? Im in the house and set-up within a couple of minutes...I think you need to work with more of a purpose x

I understand your not up to speed yet...

But 10 minutes to set-up and 10 mins to pack away? No offence but why does it take you so long? Im in the house and set-up within a couple of minutes...I think you need to work with more of a purpose x

Im still getting to grips with where to pack things away to make it more time efficient. I have a full tome job that i can't afford to quit yet so only have 1 client a night and have only had these clients just over a month. I am am getting quicker and finding better ways to pack my stuff so I don't take as long :)

Latest posts

Back