Mobile spray tanning advice needed x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
please help me, i have deliberated for a while about opening a mobile spray tanning business and have eventually started it up yesterday. I have bought a maximist xl maching from suntana and am on their course next saturday. Please please please can anyone give me any advice on promoting and gaining customers, any pitfalls that might happen and just general advice about running this type of business. I am a mother of 2 and really need to make this work as i have come off benefits to do this. thanks in advance xx

Advertise in local shops, hairdressers. Offer parties with discounts for certain numbers, Facebook is great to advertise to friends to get you started! ;)

Spray tan a few friends for £5 and let them be your walking advertisements, i did this and got quite a few people coming for full price tans. You've got a good product too if you use Suntana, that's what i use and the tan speaks for itself, i love the stuff and my clients love it, once they've had a tan with me using this they never go back to other places!! i find the lightest one surprisingly dark on people so my advise to new clients is to go for the 8% first and then they can gage where they want their colour to go from there. facebook has been a huge help in advertising too so that's defo a way to go. Hope this helps, Good luck!! :)

Loyalty cards and refer a friend scheme helps aswell. As stated do a few friends and give them a bunch of business cards to hand out, pick friends who are in the public eye alot so the tan will be seen alot.

Advertise, advertise and advertise some more. And get a website, doesn't have to be with all the bells and whistles on it. And as stated facebook and twitter. Facebook has all my deals on and Twitter I use to put up daily beauty hints and tips etc to keep people engaged in it.

Good luck, it is nerve wracking but with Christmas just around the corner you have picked a good time to start

Loyalty cards and refer a friend scheme helps aswell. As stated do a few friends and give them a bunch of business cards to hand out, pick friends who are in the public eye alot so the tan will be seen alot.

Advertise, advertise and advertise some more. And get a website, doesn't have to be with all the bells and whistles on it. And as stated facebook and twitter. Facebook has all my deals on and Twitter I use to put up daily beauty hints and tips etc to keep people engaged in it.

Good luck, it is nerve wracking but with Christmas just around the corner you have picked a good time to start

thank you soo much everyone, im having sleepless nights about it (god i thought i was past that as my youngest is now 4 ha ha )

ive done a facebook page and a twitter account, im waiting for my cards so will do that as soon as they get here. I have enrolled to do beauty at college starting february (god im nearly 40 ill be the oldest one there) and hopefully will make some contacts through that

good luck to everyone over the christmas period xx
:biggrin:

Hi there,
I started tanning last month!
I'd class myself as a slow learner, not the confident type & im one who always has to ask questions & be reassured that what I'm doing is correct! So I was thinking before my tanning course - oh god why have I done this lol
but honestly I wouldn't lie to you it is so easy to pick up!
Im literally wanting to drag ppl in off the street to spray them haha
So don't be worried about picking it up, I'll bet after 1 or 2 tans you'll be rearing to go!
As for advertising I'm just doing that myself as I'm new too.
Facebook is a definate, business cards in all the shop windows, & leaflets through doors, word of mouth is so important in business too!
I'm sure you'll do just great.
& Suntana is great too I use Suntana :)
At first I had a small problem with the tan coming off after 2 days but I've since realised it was my fault for not being close enough with my gun! Problem solved & now I love tanning xxx

thank you thats a brilliant reply i much feel happier now, im going to make this work even if it kill me. ive had a terrible year and thought thats it, pick myself up and do something for me and the children. So again thank you to you all xx

firstly, well done for deciding to go it alone that is brilliant. secondly, suntana is great and so easy to use. thirdly, advertise where you can for free, facebook, gumtree, viva street, you can also get a free website through weebly.com, its nothing flash but it'll do to get your name out there. fourthly, leaflet drop as much as you can or write letters to hair salons, florist, shops etc telling them your new and offering a little discount. and fifthly if you ever need any help i am only in durham and i'm more than willing to come and show you the ropes if you need more confidence. good luck with it all, i'm sure you'll be brilliant:biggrin:

Everybody is being so kind and helpful. Thank you girls x x

Hi im on my 2nd yr of beauty! Im nearly 39!!! Done my spray tanning a month ago and loving the tanning just doing family at mo as i suppose every new business takes a while to start got my first two official tans on friday so excited!!!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back