more (sorry!) brisa questions & a few general questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

which abrasives do you use for doing brisa/ and at which stage do you use them?

i got the blizzard boards (white) and boomerang buffers in my kit but wondered if these are the ones you stick to?

also, how do you disinfect abrasives, up untill now, i have new files for each client (in their own box) but dont want to do this with the creative files?

how many hands down pads do you use per service?
sounds silly but i dont want to waste loads when i dont need to?

and how do you mobile techs carry your brisa lamp around?
i dont want to damage it!!
is there some kind of special bag for it?that would be great
i cant fit it in my box-too much in there

and has anyone got any tips on removal?
i removed my models brisa and it took me ages!!!
im not used to buffing off

and could someone tell me the difference between eclipse, velocity and formation clear with regards to hhow they fit certain peoples nail shapes

i was told this on my course but didnt get a cchance to write it down

i think thats all-for now!!
thanku for any help
x

buttonmoon54321 said:
which abrasives do you use for doing brisa/ and at which stage do you use them?
You can use any of your favorite abrasives. Coarser grits for shaping and smoother for finishing. Koala always for prepping the natural nail.

i got the blizzard boards (white) and boomerang buffers in my kit but wondered if these are the ones you stick to?
I use these boards because they were created for Brisa but can like any other boards be used for any system. I also use the Tuxedo Board.

also, how do you disinfect abrasives, up untill now, i have new files for each client (in their own box) but dont want to do this with the creative files?
There is no need to disinfect abrasives unless you are filing your cients skin. You can sanitize them by brushing out the dust with a stiff brush and then giving them a spray with Chlorispray between each client. This goes for all files and buffers.

how many hands down pads do you use per service?
sounds silly but i dont want to waste loads when i dont need to?
Personally I use Nail Tech Choice lint-free gauze pads and do not use the Hands Down Pads (I do not find that they are lint free).
I only use 2 per service and stick to cotton pads to remove enamel.

and how do you mobile techs carry your brisa lamp around?
i dont want to damage it!!
Carefully
is there some kind of special bag for it?that would be great
i cant fit it in my box-too much in there
No

and has anyone got any tips on removal?
i removed my models brisa and it took me ages!!!
im not used to buffing off
Lika any stron gel, Brisa must be buffed off ... but a remover is being worked on.

and could someone tell me the difference between eclipse, velocity and formation clear with regards to hhow they fit certain peoples nail shapes
Eclipse for the high arched slightly-square-shaped C curve.
Velocity will fit most natural C curves
Formation is for those who like square nails and have a flatter C Curve. Also stronger for nail biters because it has reinforced side walls.

i was told this on my course but didnt get a chance to write it down

i think thats all-for now. thanku for any help
x

Have you read through the Brisa Q&A's in the Premium geek section??

thanks geeg
really helpful as always

just wonder still about how all u mobile techs carry your lamp around?
any one got a bright idea??
x

Hi I am new to nails but I brush my abrasives with a toothbrush (new of course) and then spray with Chlorispray!!

Gina

Geeg....I havent heard of this....Remover for Brisa....sounds good....do we have any idea when it would be ready..?
xx

angie, are you mobile?
how do you manage to cart it around?

and i think the remover sounds great!!!!

x

I am mobile and keep mine in the box it came in....(looks like a shoe box).

At the end of the day your not going to bang it around or anything like that .....are you?....lol

so it should be OK.

buttonmoon54321 said:
angie, are you mobile?

x

IN ABOUT 6 BAGS THAT HOW I HAVE SEEN IT !!!

a nice 'huge' black/silver 'creative carry case' (a la virgin trolley dollies) with wheels etc would be fabarooney !!!!!!!!!!!!

Amb xxx

buttonmoon54321 said:
angie, are you mobile?

x

these are the bags i use.....the smaller one is for uv lamp and desk lamp, the larger one holds all my bottles and stuff.....then i have my creative case that holds my polishes....

ignore minkus ...... she uses a washing up bowl to carry all her stuff...lmao xxx you know i love you really. xxx

NailStyle said:
Geeg....I havent heard of this....Remover for Brisa....sounds good....do we have any idea when it would be ready..?
xx

CND want to make Brisa removeable with a remover.
CND make Brisa Gels and they are NEW technology ... completely new therefore Doug feels we should be able to produce a remover ... if it is possible it will be done.

No, I cannot tell you when, but I can tell you they are working on it. Believe me the whole world will know when they have achieved their goal! :D

Latest posts

Back