More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This all sounds great, do you have any ideas for advertising a mobile beauty business? I started doing mobile at the start of the year but it's going a bit slow. I order flyers from vista print and go round housing estates posting them, I'm getting clients from it who are rebooking but I would love to be busier xx

Exactly the same methods as for any other type of beauty business.
Work out what your USP is and make sure everyone knows it!

I set up an instagram account for posting all my nail/beauty photos, then I went to a friend of mine who lives in the town where I work's instragram, went to who their followers were and followed them all! Clogs up my instagram feed yes but I don't care as I don't use it as a personal one and never actually scroll through the first page. They see me follow them and click through to my page and get a look at my work! Hopefully it gets me a few new clients that didn't know I existed!
If I get a few new follows I might try it with a few more friends. Using their pages helps me target only the people in my specific area.

Hi all. I just went to my local flower shop to ask her about selling gift vouchers. But lady the owner was so rude to me she didn't even come closer to me to listen to me that what I was trying to say and then she said that you wants me to do your job that asking people to buy your vouchers. I offer her discount and free treatments too buy she wasn't pleasant at all. She makes me all down and sad:(

Do you think it would be a good idea to email all my local dance schools for spray tans? Finding it hard to get started up. Only getting the odd client, has anyone tired this before and what would be the best thing to say in the email? Would you give a free tan for the manager to promote what you do? As there's alot of people out there who do tans and mess it up, only got the idea from someone's daughter who does cheerleading and the girl messed up all the cheerleaders tans for their big competition :/

Wow I've a lot of reading to do

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh, will be reading this thread later with a cuppa!

Ok guys. I have set up my facebook page. Have ordered business flyers which i will pass on door to door.
Have registered on free listing business site.
Am i missing something ? Please suggest me more ways to get clients before christmas . Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok guys. I have set up my facebook page. Have ordered business flyers which i will pass on door to door.
Have registered on free listing business site.
Am i missing something ? Please suggest me more ways to get clients before christmas . Xx

Instagram? Website? Also put flyers up in local shops (some may charge to advertise) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes working on website and instagram :) xx thanks will do local shops as well.. xx

Loving this thread! Following and bursting with ideas....

SophistiKated x

What a great thread!

I've spent the last 2 days reading this and making notes and have signed up to lots of free listing websites.

I've also emailed various businesses either offering a gift voucher or asking if they would like to promote each other's business.

I've already had a posh Guest house email back offering to display my leaflets if I do the same for them.

I feel really inspired now! 😃

Loving this thread! Following and bursting with ideas....

SophistiKated x

This thread is really good. I have followed with great interest. I am new to this, so don't really have anythind to add, but just wanted to say thanks.:

If anyone needs a bit of motivation, check Hollie Power's blog out on her website. It gave me a bit of a kick up the arse after feeling a bit 'meh' about getting myself out there over the new year! I first saw her site on a Facebook ad but actually got round to reading the site and found it helpful.

I wrote an e-book on this subject, including info about upsells, scheduling improvements, loyalty programs, etc. and you can get it out at my blog ~ check my profile and find the link there! i'm unable to post it here until I make more posts :)
You can find it on the side banners...enjoy!
~ anne

We been using instagram to great success :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished my training with CND in December and have literally just started setting up my business.

This is a brilliant thread! I haven't managed to get all the way through it but already found it very helpful/useful.

A few tips for writing emails, etc.

Take one of your emails and two highlighters in different colours. Highlight titles and the first two lines of each paragraph in one colour. This is where people skim read. Now take another colour and highlight the keywords you want ppl to see (20% off, etc). Are your second colour words in your first colour? If not there's a chance ppl aren't seeing your key messages!

When writing your emails/letters, start backwards. Write the end of your email - what do you want people to do? What's the sole aim of your email (please will you display my leaflets in your shop maybe?). Then write your snappy title (20% off for all your customers) and then write the middle and you may find there's not really much else to say!

Love this thread!! Fooking awesome info and ideas! Marketing never gets old!! I will have a fair bit to do myself as ive only been doing friends/family of late! Time to get my face out there! Lots of reading to be done. Now, wheres my pen?...

Time for a bump up! It's been a while!

Latest posts

Back