Most common reason for enhancements breaking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you building your stress area enough?

Thanks MissOwen :)

Just dont know where im going wrong, they appear to be the thickness of a credit card at the free edge and im using the pro impression advance tips, they are super thin - or at least I think they are? Spent another 40 mins tonight repairing nails :mad: totally soul destroying :Scared: and cant afford to go on like this :-(

I used to use pro impressions too. Just try blending them in a little. Also make sure the ears are stuck down correctly. The are very flexible and on slightly flatter nails, they can curl up on the edge and not stick well. Are you a member of the nail angel site? They have some fab video's that show blending in a tip (and the elation tips they use are fairly thick!) and product application. The tip blending one really helped me out a while back. Just the methodical way she goes about blending the tip in made me much more confident doing it. x

Thanks MissOwen :)

Just dont know where im going wrong, they appear to be the thickness of a credit card at the free edge and im using the pro impression advance tips, they are super thin - or at least I think they are? Spent another 40 mins tonight repairing nails :mad: totally soul destroying :Scared: and cant afford to go on like this :-(

Are you able to post a couple of pics of the nails, at least then we have a chance of seeing where the problems are and can give accurate, relevant advice. Top, barrel shot and side shots would be helpful x

I used to use pro impressions too. Just try blending them in a little. Also make sure the ears are stuck down correctly. The are very flexible and on slightly flatter nails, they can curl up on the edge and not stick well. Are you a member of the nail angel site? They have some fab video's that show blending in a tip (and the elation tips they use are fairly thick!) and product application. The tip blending one really helped me out a while back. Just the methodical way she goes about blending the tip in made me much more confident doing it. x

I am still blending and removing the shine, I also press down firmly at an angle so that the tip is flush against the nail bed, then I press down at the side walls to makse sure the ears are adhered properly as well - if there is a little bit sticking up i just buff that off too. Also, I use gelbond?

No, Im not a member of that but will certainly take a look - thank-you, you have been very helpful :hug:

i do take pics but they are mostly for my fb page and im guessing that's not much good?

just received ANOTHER message from the woman whos nails i repaired last night :-( another one was broke! the only thing i can really do is offer her a refund and removal as i don't know how to fix where im going wrong. if she comes bk for a removal i will ask to take some pictures...

ALSO today... i had a regular in who normally only has shellac but the last time she voiced that she would like some length but because a few of her nails crack at the free edge i advised a brisa overlay first. i preped, removed shine, brisa bond, layer of gel then brisa t/c... i then applied the usual col x2 and t/c... so...... (sorry about the novel) today the gel has chipped at the free edge??? i tried to cap the free edge as best i could but her nails were very short...

sorry to be such a pain geeks but im at the end of my terror with this and don't know which way to turn :-(

iv spend a fortune on training and can't afford 121, anybody have any bright ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Don't give up Nic, you are so committed to getting it right, it will come...apparently you have a eureka moment with enhancements...I hope it's right!! Lol.

Could that particular client you mentioned be more to do with lifestyle rather than your work? :hug: xx

Sorry to hear about your Brisa problems hun, you really do sound like you're just about at the end of your tether with it all! :hug:

Have you spoken with your educator, what advice has she given? I think I'm right in saying that you did CND Complete didn't you - if that's the case then surely it shouldn't be necessary for you to have to pay for additional 121 training to get your Brisa up to a reasonable standard, on top of what you've paid already?

Oh I wish I lived closer so I could show you how I apply gel.
Are you friends with any other CND techs nearby who you could sit with and watch and ask questions while they work?

I don't use Brisa, but can you 'string' with it?
If you can that can help build strength at the apex. I can email you again if you like?

Hi, I've got those curved tweezers that really hold down the sidewalls and the ears on well less tips have you tried those? Also are you sure you're using the right size tips as a size too small will crack and split. The right size tips and a good strong apex are what you should be aiming for. If you can't afford some one to one training maybe you could go to a salon near you that uses Brisa and pay and get your own nails done so you can watch the tech closely and see where you maybe going wrong. It would be cheaper than paying out for one to one and it would also give you the opportunity to see how well they last. Plus you would be permanently looking at them and would see exactly how thick/where apex placement is. Hth and good luck x

Don't give up Nic, you are so committed to getting it right, it will come...apparently you have a eureka moment with enhancements...I hope it's right!! Lol.

hiya beccy :) lets hope that moment comes before insanity...lol....

Could that particular client you mentioned be more to do with lifestyle rather than your work? :hug: xx

na, won't start making up excuses - its my doing... not the product or client as its happening too often :-\

Sorry to hear about your Brisa problems hun, you really do sound like you're just about at the end of your tether with it all! :hug:

i am pretty pee'd off with it :-( if i dint love all things nail i would have thrown the towel in by now but iv spent a fortune on the course and products and really can't afford not to peruse it - but i can afford to keep going on like this either!!!

Have you spoken with your educator, what advice has she given? I think I'm right in saying that you did CND Complete didn't you - if that's the case then surely it shouldn't be necessary for you to have to pay for additional 121 training to get your Brisa up to a reasonable standard, on top of what you've paid already?

yeah i started it about the same times as you, if i remember rightly? how are you finding things? i did contact the centre to see if there were any kind of refresher courses or similar but i was advised that 121 would be my best bet, no... you still have to pay even if you have done the complete course.

sitting on a bus to aberdeen just now so hope my message isn't to messed up...lol.....

Oh I wish I lived closer so I could show you how I apply gel.
aw that's very kind of you - shall i pm you my address....lol....

Are you friends with any other CND techs nearby who you could sit with and watch and ask questions while they work?

i know a couple who were in mu class but they haven't been doing much brisa or have been preoccupied with other stuff.. im thinking i might get mine done, cheaper than 121 but then im not sure if i would learn much from it???

I don't use Brisa, but can you 'string' with it?
If you can that can help build strength at the apex. I can email you again if you like?

yup... its really easy to create a sitting and im loving the way the gel self levels, not have to spend half as long filling away lumps n bumps now - thanks for your help dol :)

Hi, I've got those curved tweezers that really hold down the sidewalls and the ears on well less tips have you tried those?
hi :) never heard of those, will have a wee search.

Also are you sure you're using the right size tips as a size too small will crack and split. The right size tips and a good strong apex are what you should be aiming for. If you can't afford some one to one training maybe you could go to a salon near you that uses Brisa and pay and get your own nails done so you can watch the tech closely and see where you maybe going wrong.
read my mind... iv books to get my nails done, im thinking she may work sooo fast that i might not learn much, worth a try maybe? It would be cheaper than paying out for one to one and it would also give you the opportunity to see how well they last. Plus you would be permanently looking at them and would see exactly how thick/where apex placement is. Hth and good luck x
yes im not entirely sure re thickness so that would be good to see - thanks, yous have all been very kind, i really do appreciate it :)

Geeks, when adding my clear layer over the top is it ok to file first? As I can't get a even application with my white yet? Xxx

Ok geeks, I tried again tonight with the tips you gave me, still struggling but I think I'm not over thinking it? Let me know what you think and any more tips you have!! I can see when taking photos more product on the left hand side, and also the nail doesn't look in proportion because they are so short ready for college next week (if they last) xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351801623.259610.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351801623.259610.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 190
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351801652.016979.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351801652.016979.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 176
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351801662.977518.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351801662.977518.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 178
Ask any client, "they just fall off" :)

Latest posts