Mould. :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
Hi! I had one of my clients come in today to get a nail fix (she had broken 2) One of her nails slightly lifted and she is a big hand washer! She got some water under there, and a tiny bit of mold grew...she removed the nail on Wednesday. Is it okay to put the nail back on if you scrub fresh, etc and clean the nail plate really well? my boss told me to go ahead and do so...just checking what everyone thinks??
Also, can mold be transferred to others from the file I used on her??

What you are seeing on the nail is not mould - it is a bacterial infection. You will be fine to replace the nail once all old material has been removed and the nail has been thoroughly Scrubfreshed.

Any file used on her should be discarded - HTH

Mould is not a human pathogen .. IOW it does not grow on human bodies (that are alive anyway :lol:)

As the others have said, what you are seeing is a simple bacterial infection and it is very easy to get rid of because as soon as it is exposed to air and you remove the environment it thrives in ... it's GONE.

You may have some staining of the nail plate but this is ONLY a stain and does not indicate that the infection is still ongoing. the stain will need to grow out.

Latest posts

Back