Mum to be massages - help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gateway workshops in paisley does pregnancy massage training so perhaps the trainer there could give you details of someone local. Also if you have a look on the federation of holistic therapists website they have a directory of their members and what they are trained in.

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

I done a search for you and there is 3 FHT members in Glasgow insured with them to do pregnancy massage. I'm on my phone but will do my best to paste their details...

Name: Ms C McCallum MFHT City/Town: Glasgow County: Telephone Number(s): 07842231156
Email: [email protected]

Name: Miss A Tyrrell MFHT City/Town: Glasgow County: Telephone Number(s): 07778056482 Email: [email protected]

Name: Ms J McLaren MFHT City/Town: Glasgow County: Telephone Number(s): 01415 837 933 07771577974 Email: [email protected]

Hope that helps.

Lindsey

What hosp you having baby in?

Your midwife should be able to give you info for the physio to help strengthen your muscles.

I had the same problem with my 1st and was given physio and a large tubigrip, which helped alot,

Can't remember who does massage in Edinburgh while pregnant but try the spa's they normally do mum to be packages

Good luck

Just realised I misread you post and thought you were in Glasgow! Sorry, nothing coming up for Edinburgh :( silly me.

If you are in PAIN enough to worry about how a massage may effect you then you need to wait for someone with proper qualifications.I guess its how you measure pain versus discomfort my idea of pain may well be different.

Aw thanks Lindsay that was really kind of you!

I'll be having baby at St Johns Hospital in Livingston. My midwife has referred me to physio and the waiting list is a couple of weeks, it was her who suggested a massage.

The reason I'm looking for someone who is actually trained in these types of massages is because I've had a massage done before from my regular therapist and was in a lot of pain afterwards. I normally only go to her for waxing. She did offer to tailor a massage to suit me but I am worried it'll hurt again, it was my first massage and because of the pain afterwards it has left me slightly apprehensive. Although I am aware that it may have just been her techniques!

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm in "pain", more extreme discomfort. x

Aw thanks Lindsay that was really kind of you!

I'll be having baby at St Johns Hospital in Livingston. My midwife has referred me to physio and the waiting list is a couple of weeks, it was her who suggested a massage.

The reason I'm looking for someone who is actually trained in these types of massages is because I've had a massage done before from my regular therapist and was in a lot of pain afterwards. I normally only go to her for waxing. She did offer to tailor a massage to suit me but I am worried it'll hurt again, it was my first massage and because of the pain afterwards it has left me slightly apprehensive. Although I am aware that it may have just been her techniques!

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm in "pain", more extreme discomfort. x
That's why I say wait for a physio who will be able to see what is wrong.People trained in just massage ie beauty/holistic therapists do not have the training to be able deal with something you may have.It may be ineffective or at worst it may do more harm than good.Pregnancy massage is more to do with relaxation and dealing with the normal mild discomforts of pregnancy with making sure the mum to be is positioned correctly and various pressure points and oils etc are avoided.We are not physios osteos or Chiropractors and shouldn't act as such.Backs are very precious.

Thanks Gillian. Physio is only a 2 week waiting list, I wouldn't be going for a massage that soon anyway so will wait and see what they say first. Thanks x

I am trained in pregnancy massage as a remedial therapist, it is about positioning on table more than technique, that is the same as regular massage although we are trained to avoid ankles and essential oils that can cause harm. If done correctly by someone who is trained there is little risk past first trimester. Before first trimester only someone with a diploma in pregnancy massage would attempt it as risk of miscarriage is higher not because of massage but in general. I had a massage laying face down while pregnant at 7 mnts which I found out in training was a big no no. So it is wise to find someone well trained with insurance.

Thanks Melk, that's exactly the reason I came on here rather than just googling it. I'd rather have some idea of what I was looking for in the therapist and know to spot something that was off - like being laid down face first on a bed, although I'd like to see them try! I'm blimming huge! X

The clarins one is lovely an hour and 10 mins you get back massage arms and hand, lower leg and a little bit of a facial massage as well as oil and cream on your bump. As you can probably guess I'm trained in it !! Hope u find something

Sorry - I'm in Edinburgh x

Hello

I had an amazing pregnancy massage from Jennifer Syme (sp*). Believe she does days in different places but has a website and is on Facebook - search JS therapies.

She's lovely and covers your back, arms and legs. I was practically sleeping on the way home when my hubby picked me up! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back