Mum's hair loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leannelily

Reaction score
hi All,

i would really appreciate any advice any advice from any of you.

My mum used to have lovely long thick hair, last year around august time, she started getting an itchy scalp she's been to the doctors and the hospital to see a dermatologist and she was diagnosed with dermatitis on the scalp. Her hair started to fall out around the same time. It comes out in strands it does not snap off, when she is combing wet hair she says she can feel it ripping out of her hair.

It is now so thin, dull and lifeless. It has effected her self confidence a huge amount. It hurts to see her like this, i am out of ideas as of what to do to help her.

If anyone can recommend anything i would be so grateful!

hi All,

i would really appreciate any advice any advice from any of you.

My mum used to have lovely long thick hair, last year around august time, she started getting an itchy scalp she's been to the doctors and the hospital to see a dermatologist and she was diagnosed with dermatitis on the scalp. Her hair started to fall out around the same time. It comes out in strands it does not snap off, when she is combing wet hair she says she can feel it ripping out of her hair.

It is now so thin, dull and lifeless. It has effected her self confidence a huge amount. It hurts to see her like this, i am out of ideas as of what to do to help her.

If anyone can recommend anything i would be so grateful!

Hi there as I'm not a trichologist I'm not 100% sure on the best course of action however kerastase are a great scalp brand maybe look into their aminexcil/densifique/chronologiste ranges these are all focused towards hair loss and healthy scalp environment :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Is she on any medication? X

Pretty Flamingo - thank you i'll look into these, shes already tried various shampoos etc and she is reluctant to try anymore in case it makes it more itchy.

Rachel123 - Yeahh she's on several at the moment, one for acid re-flux and off the top of my head cant remember the rest, she did try taking cetrizine to help with the itching and it only worked for around 2 weeks

I would say maybe down to medication, also hair loss can be down to many medical reasons lots of simple ones such as a b deficiency or anaemia so has she had a recent blood test ? If so and everything was normal then I would invest my money in a trichologist xx

I would say maybe down to medication, also hair loss can be down to many medical reasons lots of simple ones such as a b deficiency or anaemia so has she had a recent blood test ? If so and everything was normal then I would invest my money in a trichologist xx

I'll get her to go have a blood test see if it could possibly be that, although i doubt it, she is diet controlled diabetic. Any ideas of where to start with a trichologist?

Is she on any hormone replacement medication for menapause? I ask because my mums hair suffered as a result of this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is she on any hormone replacement medication for menapause? I ask because my mums hair suffered as a result of this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No she isn't she's 47 x

I like Phyto pills for hair loss. I also like Biosil gel caps.

I take 2 Phyto pills a day with lunch and it's cut down on my hair loss by almost 80% It just really depends though what's causing the hair loss. Mine is normal shedding as I wear it long.

Latest posts

Back