Mundo de Unas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will i be covered if i paid by paypal?

It depends what you write/how honest you choose to be.

Perhaps as a gesture of goodwill mdu will simply refund & close the matter. It happens - we've done it on occasion even when not at fault.

If they offer no resolution in the paypal case & paypal themselves get involved then:

If you stated you hadn't received your order you will be refunded.

If you state that it's been seized by customs they will not refund you.

This seller won't be able to get a refund off anyone. The money will be taken from their account & it's not their fault so...

Postal insurance doesn't cover items that were in breach of customs regulations/postal policy. It's for accidents & losses. They don't tend to cover glass goods either.

I had a polish order seized & destroyed by RM recently. I used special delivery & gambled they wouldn't check it but alas :cry:

They only screen a very small percentage so I would imagine most of you will get your goods.

However, I would take the insurance with a pinch of salt as it won't cover this type of loss as it is the responsibility of the importer (you) to make sure you don't violate postal policy.

Also... all imports from outside the EU over £15 product value are subject to tax plus hefty handling fees.

So again whilst most will probably slip through if she is not declaring the true value on customs forms some will be checked & end up paying additional fees.

Sorry to be gloomy but thought it was worth mentioning.

Yep totally understand the risks involved; I read the "insurance" as "packages not received" (not sure if this extends to seized etc?) and "damaged in transit"

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411755552.751178.jpg

And, yes, Sylvia sends these items as a "gift" so I'll assume most will be overlooked.

I don't spend an awful lot at any one time, so if I don't receive them then it's my tough luck!

;) xx

Sh!t I will be MAJORLY pi$$ed if I don't get mine! I've got myself so excited about getting them.mits just my luck too

It depends what you write/how honest you choose to be.

Perhaps as a gesture of goodwill mdu will simply refund & close the matter. It happens - we've done it on occasion even when not at fault.

If they offer no resolution in the paypal case & paypal themselves get involved then:

If you stated you hadn't received your order you will be refunded.

If you state that it's been seized by customs they will not refund you.

This seller won't be able to get a refund off anyone. The money will be taken from their account & it's not their fault so...

Surley as a seller they should make sure you get your delivery, if this could happen then they shouldnt ship to other countries?

Surley as a seller they should make sure you get your delivery, if this could happen then they shouldnt ship to other countries?

This is import & export, not seller vs buyer.

As an importer you are responsible for knowing the limitations on bringing goods into your country of residence - the legality of bringing them in, any restrictions on importing them.

I don't know the logistics of dealing with this particular seller. You could be offered an instant positive solution. But someone has to lose the money...

I can say with certainty that as with any insurance policy there are vast exceptions to coverage. One of those with postal insurance is seizures by the postal service/customs.

It is a real rarity for items to get caught. Don't everyone panic this was just epic bad luck :hug:

Oh no!! Worried 😱

Oh no worried here too. I spent nearly £50! Eek! Xx

Ive no ideawhat the time difference is in brazil, but i have had no response 😞

Not sure if I'm being any help and you may have already seen, but there is a really helpful FAQ section on Mundo De Unas site. It gives a really detailed explanation on shipping/delivery.x

Has there not just been really bad storms etc in Mexico? Possibly the reason they are not responding?

I didnt see that part when i ordered, i assumed as people had said on here that they were shipping internationally then it would be ok. I also assume as i sell a lot through the internet that it is the sellers responsibility if the buyer does not receive the parcel or it is damaged, it ceratinly has been when i heve sold things anyway!

I know that i have to make sure as a seller that the item is sent in a way that it is covered if something goes wrong! It is the same when i have sent items abroad. It has been my resopnsibilty to get the item there if i cant then i dont send abroad. I think this should probably have been made more clear and i would never have ordered.

Does this not apply if abroad??

According to the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations 2002 the goods remain at the seller’s risk until they are delivered to the consumer. Thus the supplier is liable should the goods not arrive."

I wonder if the uk stockist rainbow connection has problems with their order then? Surely they buy in bulk?

Im not holdnig my breath for a response, i still havent had one from my original message months ago! I wish i knew there was a uk stockist before i ordered.

I just read on here that they were shipping internationaly hence i ordered :irked:

I have sent an email to mundo de unas (hope i get a reply, as i never had one when i sent one last time):cry:

I've never received a response to any email.

There's hope everyone!!! Ironically after posting mine arrived this morning :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411829179.397184.jpg

So don't despair!! Xx

Rainbow Connection have a few colours back in stock now if anyone is wanting to order from them instead, I've just put an order in myself!

Mine all arrived this morning! Safe n sound!

Yaaay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 192

Wow looks fab. I ordered mine on 5th Sept too so lets hope mines not too far off aswell :D have fun playing x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back