Mundo de Unas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine on the 5th - got an email on the 15th that it had been shipped,which seemed a little long to just get it ready to be shipped.
Nothing yet . . .

My first order took 3 weeks from date of shipping email, 2nd order took a month.

I had my 3rd order email 12th September, so I'm not really expecting it until second week of October xxx

Damn my impatience :irked: lol.

Although Ive got my Olympia haul to play with still and I have something extremely exciting arriving soon which I will tell you all about when it does - eek!

I got my dispatch confirmation the same time as you Emma, and my first order took about 4 weeks to get here. They are worth the wait though :D x

I ordered mine on he 5th Sept and not had an email.....yet!!! :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Helen, I'd drop her an email. She's very quick to reply and helpful, and will hopefully give you a tracking number. I have read a fair few reviews saying the Mexican postal service is not the quickest hth's x

I got my parcel today minus all the polishes Royal Mail opened it and have disposed of them, not pleased. But nail polishes cant be send through royal mail so i guess they should not be shipping to the uk! I have one little stamping plate only and a letter saying they have destroyed all my polishes!!

Last edited:
I got my parcel today minus all the polishes Royal Mail opened it and have disposed of them, not pleased. But nail polishes cant be send through royal mail so i guess they should not be shipping to the uk! I have one little stamping plate only and a letter saying they have destroyed all my polishes!!

Oh no :( I'm waiting for some polishes too... Now I'm worried

Are they going to compensate you for destroying your polishes? Xx

I paid for the insurance, whereby you can claim your money back (minus postage).

I've received 2 orders with no problem so far, but did the insurance thing as my order was a little larger this time 😱 xx

Are they going to compensate you for destroying your polishes? Xx

Nope nothing, i think they should have send the parcel back but instead it has come to me 😩. They shouldnt have been sent by royal mail.

OMG nightmare, and I just placed an order yest as well after uhhming n ahhhing for weeks.
Typical..... 😂

Nope nothing, i think they should have send the parcel back but instead it has come to me 😩. They shouldnt have been sent by royal mail.

What a terrible thing to happen :/ But i think there's no choice as the orders are sent through the mexican postal service. When your package arrives in your country it gets tagged under your postal service (Royal Mail). I'm in Canada and Canada Post (our postal service) delivered mine.

They might not know and perhaps you should contact the company and let them know the terms of Royal Mail?

OMG! I hope my polishes aren't destroyed. I didn't see an option for insurance?

I've been waiting since the 5th of sept for them.

I didn't order many.

Polishes can be sent through Royal Mail but there are restrictions and you have to declare r and they put a label on it. I've sent polishes many times recently.

:)

OMG! I hope my polishes aren't destroyed. I didn't see an option for insurance?

I've been waiting since the 5th of sept for them.

I didn't order many.

Polishes can be sent through Royal Mail but there are restrictions and you have to declare r and they put a label on it. I've sent polishes many times recently.

:)

They can be sent within the uk but not abroad, only four allowed at a time. A label had been put on the parcel at stanstead but it was opened and all i got was one plate. I believe if polishes are sent in the uk they do not go by air hence a sticker is put on them. The letter says they have destroyed them and are returning them to the sender, but they havent they have sent the parcel to me with just my stamping plate in it

Last edited:
What a terrible thing to happen :/ But i think there's no choice as the orders are sent through the mexican postal service. When your package arrives in your country it gets tagged under your postal service (Royal Mail). I'm in Canada and Canada Post (our postal service) delivered mine.

They might not know and perhaps you should contact the company and let them know the terms of Royal Mail?

I have sent an email to mundo de unas (hope i get a reply, as i never had one when i sent one last time):cry:

The other option is Rainbow Connections, although it's hit and miss if they have the stock. I don't know if its just me but I find their website difficult to use.

Here's the insurance info if anyone needs for future orders :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411748350.735810.jpg

The actual link: http://www.mundodeunas.com/#!insurance-/c18lt

Here's the insurance info if anyone needs for future orders :) xx

View attachment 75541

The actual link: Mundo de Uñas

Postal insurance doesn't cover items that were in breach of customs regulations/postal policy. It's for accidents & losses. They don't tend to cover glass goods either.

I had a polish order seized & destroyed by RM recently. I used special delivery & gambled they wouldn't check it but alas :cry:

They only screen a very small percentage so I would imagine most of you will get your goods.

However, I would take the insurance with a pinch of salt as it won't cover this type of loss as it is the responsibility of the importer (you) to make sure you don't violate postal policy.

Also... all imports from outside the EU over £15 product value are subject to tax plus hefty handling fees.

So again whilst most will probably slip through if she is not declaring the true value on customs forms some will be checked & end up paying additional fees.

Sorry to be gloomy but thought it was worth mentioning.

Postal insurance doesn't cover items that were in breach of customs regulations/postal policy. It's for accidents & losses. They don't tend to cover glass goods either.

I had a polish order seized & destroyed by RM recently. I used special delivery & gambled they wouldn't check it but alas :cry:

They only screen a very small percentage so I would imagine most of you will get your goods.

However, I would take the insurance with a pinch of salt as it won't cover this type of loss as it is the responsibility of the importer (you) to make sure you don't violate postal policy.

Also... all imports from outside the EU over £15 product value are subject to tax plus hefty handling fees.

So again whilst most will probably slip through if she is not declaring the true value on customs forms some will be checked & end up paying additional fees.

Sorry to be gloomy but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks for the info Williowrose, good to know for the future, I'm keeping my fingers crossed x

Will i be covered if i paid by paypal?

Latest posts

Back