Music to play whilst working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_elise_x

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone advise on some good music to play whilst working.

I don't want to annoy anyone with the music I like hehe and the radio just distracts me.

I am looking for recommendations on soothing CD's to relax my clients and create a nice atmosphere without sending me to sleep.

I bought a couple off ebay that I thought were ok but one had horrible whale sounds in it. The other sounded like a tap dripping. You know the type I mean the sort of relaxation ones.

Any thoughts on good ones to buy please?

I have the Ministry of Sound Chillout album in our treatment room. Everyone always comments on what a nice change it is as they always cringe when they go elsewhere and have the whale sounds!

HTHs xx

For an eclectic mix, try the Very Best of Pure Moods. We've got that; it's a 3-disc compilation and should have something for most tastes. A lot of the tunes on there will sound familiar, lots of them have been on TV on adverts etc. If you don't like a particular track, you could always program the CD player to skip it...

I play ones like 'the relaxing cd' which is a mixture of songs with words by ppl like katie melua, enya, norah jones etc. and also has some that don't have words, ones that you may recognise like advert music. I like it and my clients do. Em x

If you fancy a free download, try http://livejournal.ruthmills.me.uk/icemaiden.mp3

Don't worry, I own the copyright as I composed and recorded it; if the PRS or PPL try and bill you for playing it in your salon then I shall spank them, as they don't pay me anything!

Ruth huni do you mind if i download this too? xxx

Ruth huni do you mind if i download this too? xxx

I don't mind if anyone on here does - if you like it, burn it onto a CD and play it in your salon too :)

Good grief Ruth, do you never sleep? So many interests & talents, when do you find the time :lol:

LOL it was back in December 2002 when I recorded that; I was still living in Wiltshire back then, and it was about 8 months before I'd even met Sonia!

Sadly I haven't had that much chance at all to compose or record music for quite some time; think the last time I played the flute was back in December when I'd downloaded the sheet music for Take That's "Rule The World" and was playing it in our bathroom (lovely acoustic in there lol).

I use an ipod in my treatment rooms. Search itunes for chill out music, massage music etc......... and download if you like the samples.

I then put ipod on shuffle, so all sounds mixed up all day. Works for me.

ps BIG NO NO TO WHALE SOUNDS OR PAN PIPES! (Those noises actually make me aggressive coz I think they're so irritating!)

Thank you....it's fab i'm loving it! My cats also agree they both started purring ha ha xxx

I have lots of relaxing classical music cds. My clients tell me they love their serenity and elegance. Currently the favourites seem to be Bach cello suite 1, and Shostakovich "the Assault on Beautiful Gorky"
Make sure you have a PRS agreement in place or they'll be after you!

I have lots of relaxing classical music cds. My clients tell me they love their serenity and elegance. Currently the favourites seem to be Bach cello suite 1, and Shostakovich "the Assault on Beautiful Gorky"
Make sure you have a PRS agreement in place or they'll be after you!

Oh yes, excellent choice! Talking of classical, I really like Ludovico Einaudi's piano music; this would give a lovely ambience in a salon I think; have been playing "Una Mattina" in the office on headphones and that is probably the most chilled out album of his I have heard so far...

Something like the Classic FM "Relax & Escape" compilation would probably also work really well in a salon...

was having my eyelashes done a few weeks ago and loved the music that was playing. It was called The chillout sessions vol 2. Tried everywhere but eventually got it on amazon. Love it.

Latest posts

Back