my 1st website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just spent the hwole day putting this together. I would very much appreciate it, if you geeks could have a quick glance through and give me yoyr honest oppinions.

Any changes??

and...relax | Indulgence Therapies

:hug:

have you a link to your web address hun?

Dont know if you meant it to be but you're half leg wax costs £1 more than you're full leg cost hun.

Dont know if you meant it to be but you're half leg wax costs £1 more than you're full leg cost hun.

:green: Thanks, Thats what you guys are here for. lol xx

Let me put your mind at ease. Nail "extensions" or "false" nails as they are more commonly called do not damage the natural nail. Nor, are 'Acrylics' more harmful for your nails than gel or any other nail enhancement system. Put simply it is only the lack of care by the wearer and the technician that will cause any damage.

I think you need to insert cause here ^^^^

On you're indulgence treats 2 you're last 45 mins package is priced at £48, should this not be £38 to be in line with the others?

I think that your website is really fab, it made me feel that I really wanted to pamper and indulge myself, and that's due to way you have worded it and laid it out etc., well done. The Hollywood waxing made me wince though lol!!:eek:

. Get together with your guests and decide on which Indulgence Package you would like to have.

2. Each guest may chose one treatment and if they wish, one of our add on services.

3. Chose a time and two dates for your Indulgence Party, as there is a small chance that one of your dates will be booked.

4. Give us a call or email us with your request and we will contact you as soon as possible.

5. Three weeks prior to your party, we will require a 50% non-refundable deposit. Upon receipt of this, we will send you a schedule so you and guests know exactly what is happening on the day.

6. One week prior to your gathering we will require that any remaining monies be paid in full. We will give you a call to make sure that you are completely satisfied with all that you have chosen

Not been picky hun, just want to help to correct any little mistakes :hug:

Very well done - you should be proud.

One thing I noticed on the About Us page is that on some occasions you talk about "I" and on some occasions you talk about "we". Just think you need to be consistent with one or the other.

It looks really good mate, just to add homepage is missing the e after hom .

Teri x:hug:

Should say homepage instead of hompage :hug:

Oooooo Teri you beat me to it :rolleyes:

One more thing on your homepage you say do to list should this not read to do list.

On the homepage, you've spelt enjoy wrong.

On a positive note, i think it sounds lovely. You make everything sound relaxed and lovely. the colours are relaxing, it just sounds great. You sound very professional too. Very friendly but also working in a very professional manner. I hope that it all goes very well for you. I'm sure you'll get lots of business from this!

Its very nice!:hug:

Looks fab Alex :D

the email address on the homepage needs to be corrected... the 'g' is missing in indulgence :wink2:

Well done Alex you've done a fab job ... great template too!!! Mind, I decided to go for the dentist's pic in the end lol! Couple of typos I noticed and maybe a few changes of words...

But they'll ruin my nails...
Let me put your mind at ease. Nail extensions (take out the speech marks) or "false" nails as they are are often referred to should not damage the natural nail. Nor (take out teh comma) are 'Acrylics' more harmful for your nails than gel or any other nail enhancement system. Put simply, it is only the lack of care by the wearer and the technician that will cause any damage...
  • Over Filing of the nail (you have 2 L's!)
  • Picking
  • Biting
  • Pulling
  • Tapping
  • Using them as tools not jewels
  • Poor removal methods
Will all eventually lead to natural nail damage!
Having your nails done should be a treat so be sure to look for a reputable nail technician or salon within your area that takes the time and care to provide you with a high quality service.

The other thing to do now is to sort out your metatags and links. Go into the Freewebs site and click on site promotion and follow the advice given on each section. To see your tags, if you go into any website and click on View and then Source you will see them like this (these are yours)...
head>
<title>and...relax indulgence therapies | Pampering in all the right places</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="">
<meta name="description" content="">

you need to get some content in them, here are mine off my site! ...

head>
<title>Buff nails & beauty - for all your nail & beauty treatments in Fareham | Luxury treatments in a relaxed atmosphere</title>

<meta name="keywords" content="nail extension, false nails, manicures, pedicures, facials, beauty treatments, skin care, Nimue, gel nails, acrylic nails, silk wraps, fibreglass wraps, spray tan, fake tan, airbrush tan, cellulite reduction, waxing, bridal & prom makeup, eyelash tintin">

<meta name="description" content="Buff nails and beauty is dedicated to making you feel special in an unhurried and relaxing atmosphere">

Not saying it's perfect but gives you an idea.

The other part is to have a links page where you have a reciprocal hyperlink with other quality sites.

Finally if I were you I'd pay the extra to get rid of the banner ads (again take a look at mine and you can see the difference straight off) and also to get a domain without the freewebs in it.

HTH Alex, and I told you it was easy to set up! Hope this is finally the start of something great for you xxx

hey well done, i like this, it seems like it takes forever putting one together doesnt it! You've done really well and im sure you will continue to add and improve it.
Feel free to take a look at mine if it helps at all...
www.mobilenailz.co.uk

xx

Latest posts

Back