My chosen first 10 Shellac colors. Have I made a wise choice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks
I have colors coming out of my ears due to studying them for days! Do you agree that layering with the following 10 colors will give a much wider choice to start off with?

Blackpool
Cocoa
Negligee
Moonlight & Roses
cream puff
Rock Royalty
Wildfire
Masquerade
Rosebud
Tropix

Blackpool base

Dark blue(Negligee)?
Dark Lava... ish (Masquerade)
Deep dark purple (Rock Royalty)

Moonlight & Roses over them all

Cocoa under or over them all

Do you think this will give a good start off selection for all tastes?

I may add a glitter...which one would you recommend?

Thanks for your time
xx

Hi

Are you choosing these because you can later them or are they just the ones you like?

I'm a cnd master painter and a couple of those probably wouldn't be my choice if building a collection.

I'd choose a good selection across the board....

Cream puff
Negligee
Blackpool
Wildfire
Satin pjs or bare chemise
Midnight swim
Hot pop pink
Ruby ritz
Ice vapour
Rock royalty

They would probably be my 10 if I had to chose, I would then buy some glitters xx

Hi Laurensparkles

yes, I chose the colors with layering in mind. Perhaps i will think again (can't ignore a master painting). Thanks for taking the time to advice. I will go and look at the colors you would chose now. xx

I would have to have Tango Passion in there as it is used so often. For a glitter I'd probably go with additives or actual glitter as since the VIPs were discontinued I hardly get any call for the shellac glitters. If I had to choose one it would be Dazzling Dance.

Difficult one but think about the season your going into :) I'd pick

French - beau and studio white

Dark lava

Bare chemise

Ruby ritz ---- silly not to with what is looming ahead

Rock royalty

Sultry sunset

Masquerade

Tropix

Hot pop pink

Eeeeeeeeek you can't do this to me 😂😂😂😂I want more than 10 lol x x x hth

Hot pop pink
Ruby ritz/ wildfire duo pack
Studio white
Negligee
Tropix
Purple Purple
Bare Chemise
Blackpool
Tinted Love

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe instead of layering polishes, invest in some additives they can change colours of polish dramatically. I have a blue that applied over pink creates purple, Denim Geode adds sparkle to any colour.

My ten would be...pale pink and cream puff for French, light and dark pink, bright and dark red, any nude, black, and two dark colours. :)

Thank you all for your help.
Do I detect layering is not so popular? I have to admit I saw some swatches that looked awful! I am thinking again now. I have over 50 Gelish colors and was thinking perhaps get Shellac colors different to my Gelish and see how it goes. I am going back to UK for a few months at xmas and intend to go mobile from January and I want Shellac on my flyers. There are too many weird rules in Cyprus. One being they apply a figure to what they believe a nail tech should earn and one will have to pay into the social fund based on the supposed figure regardless if you have earned it or not! My home in UK is in a quiet part of Devon but I want to be a serious independent nail tech before i get to old (54 but very young at heart) you know...want to do something I can be proud of instead of living off my hubby...leaving him in Cyprus lol...I am scared and excited at the same time...I can come back to Cyprus if all fails... I am confident with my nails but a bit too slow....I think I have just told you my life story...sorry haha xx

Hi Hun,
I'm a CND Master Painter...
My first 10 collection would be
Cream puff
Grapefruit sparkle (fab for French or layering)
Wildfire
Tropix
Blackpool
Dark Lava
Hot pop pink
Nude knickers
Midnight swim
Tango passion

Then grab a few Lecente glitters for your Rockstar's ..
2 top coats Hun.. 1 for plain colour & one for use over glitters x

I layer all the time. May as well work the system to the max. That said, if layering a certain colour doesnt work ie is streaky, obv dont offer it. X

Hey sorry to butt in. Do u girls use studio white for French. Iv always used cream puff but was wondering do clients like the studio white too?thanks :)

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

I only use Studio White. Heres a few recent ones :D

Attachments

• 1415469737664.jpg
    1415469737664.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 1415469768367.jpg
    1415469768367.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 207
  • 1415469809362.jpg
    1415469809362.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 203
They're fab. The white is lovely. What pink do u use? Def gona start using studio white. It probably doesn't get as sticky as cream puff or does it? :)

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

Two have Grapefruit Sparkle & the 3rd one has Negligee I think. I find Studio White good & easy to use. I clean the smile line with my Gel brush & IPA :D
X

Thank you all.

So glad I asked

I like the idea of grapefruit sparkle for both french and layering ....after much paper flying..... I kept going back to a few of the colors mentioned...I really like midnight swim and dark lava which I thought I could get with blackpool and masquerade? ....do many of you use hot pop pink in the winter?......so many of you mention rock royalty and masquerade...how do they compare to plum paisley and crimson sash?...I have gathered that most would choose midnight swim over indigo frock...sorry for all the questions but need to decide on Vinylux colors too xx

As everyone have mentioned above, but I would add Crimson Sash into the mix - its a lovely colour and going to be popular for Christmas me thinks! I layer more than using additives but I think that's purely because my clients have never heard of powder on nails!! That's obviously down to me not promoting it too well though. Good luck in your new venture and I hope everything comes together for you in the future x

Thank you all.

So glad I asked

I like the idea of grapefruit sparkle for both french and layering ....after much paper flying..... I kept going back to a few of the colors mentioned...I really like midnight swim and dark lava which I thought I could get with blackpool and masquerade? ....do many of you use hot pop pink in the winter?......so many of you mention rock royalty and masquerade...how do they compare to plum paisley and crimson sash?...I have gathered that most would choose midnight swim over indigo frock...sorry for all the questions but need to decide on Vinylux colors too xx
Hot Pop Pink, is not a favourite for my clients (except for a couple of clients that I call my Pink Ladies).

Rock Royalty is a cream purple Plum Paisley is much darker I don't think one would be picked instead of the other.
Masquerade and Crimson Sash are similar and I think a client would have one if the other was not available.
Midnight Swim has a lovely shimmer to it that Indigo Frick does not, but my clients do not really have Navy a lot. X

Latest posts

Back