My essential technique first card assesment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollBird

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

This is my first critique, it is for my first assesment card showing what I have learnt about techniques for acrylic nails.
I know that you cannot give much comment as you can not see clearly each individual nail but thought I would show you what I have been working hard on.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
A great way to practise ...... remember to save them, they will make great "housie" buttons one day.:)

You are taking a step in the right direction, but wouldn't you like a "real tutor" you can ask questions as you go along for a bit of humane guidance?

Housie buttons? I don't understand.

For now my essential nails training suits me best but thanks for your advice.

Hi, good luck with your first card, hard to say how you are doing by the picture. But it won't belong before Sarah sends it back:hug:..xx

Thanks SILVERSPRING it will be interesting too see how well I am doing and have a chat with her regarding what I can improve x

Housie buttons? I don't understand.

It's a joke Joyce...... "Bingo Buttons". YOu can never have too may, save all your trial nails ........................ zzzzzzzzzz, sorry, i've gone to sleep while explaining myself....... nite

Sorry not a big bingo player and the "buttons" I think have been replaced with pen dobbers, but oh yeah ha ha!!
I don't think my nails look like that but thanks for your comment..again.

Sorry not a big bingo player and the "buttons" I think have been replaced with pen dobbers, but oh yeah ha ha!!
I don't think my nails look like that but thanks for your comment..again.

I'm 45 years old, I guess that makes me a button boy, you probably don't remember vinyl records either.

The generation gap is such a shame when being lighthearted.

I had vinyls, I'm 23 and thanks for the joke but really I wanted some views on my nails :)

the picture of the nails is too small to offer a critique and judging by your messages to me you wouldn't take criticism too well anyways.

It enlarges, but not large enough to see any detail.
Guess you will have to see what others think, unfortunately I was the first to comment.

I will not comment/help/critique in the future.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Does the picture not enlarge when you click on it? It does for me?

It does, but not enough.... You cannot se smiles or even get a good look at the nails as its just a tad blurry too....:hug:

Ok I have added one of the other pictures which shows a better up close view, does this help?
I'm just here too see what you think a bit of constructive critiscm, NailZoo has sent a few mails saying I am silly, foolish etc but all I want is to hear what you guys think. Not jokes.
I really am happy to hear regardless of what anyone says.

Courtesy of Nail Zoo who chose to pm me a few times

I made a joke about keeping the nails for bingo buttons, maybe you need some valium or some anit depressants, you have no sense of humor.
You have jumped on my comments, just wait until other see how bloody smally you image is (even when you click on it).
You can't see smile lines, sidewalls, polish application.
Everything that the practise card is supposed to demonstrate, you can't bloody see.

Yet you choose to jump down my throat and think I am somehow picking on you..... GET A GRIP AND GET A LIFE

MORE THAN ANYTHING, GET A SENSE OF HUMOR
wait till others see your post and your responses.

You sound like a little upstart and in doing so, you will isolate yourself.

PLease ........... Don't bother me again........

Charming :lol:

I don't actually need vallium or anti depressents or to get a life and I will not be in contact with him anymore as I feel it's being personal now.

I hope others feel welcome to make comments

Ok I have added one of the other pictures which shows a better up close view, does this help?
I'm just here too see what you think a bit of constructive critiscm, NailZoo has sent a few mails saying I am silly, foolish etc but all I want is to hear what you guys think. Not jokes.
I really am happy to hear regardless of what anyone says.

My post sent to DollBird reads (this is cut and paste)

1. WELL, let everyone judge for themselves, I have in no way, shape or form critiqued your work....... and obviously by your silly comments (WHICH EVERYONE CAN NOW SEE)you can't take criticism anyways.....
Good luck, you are gonna need it with your attitude

2. Get a grip love, it wasn't harsh, you should get a sense of humor, I can't even see the picture it's in such a small size.

It was a joke, now you've gone and made a sensitive fool of yourself in public (but I choose to answer you in pvt).

If I wanted to be harsh i'd have said they look like ****, but the picture is soooooo bloody small I can't even see them to say they are good or ****. (nor can anyone else).

So how can anyone comment seriously?

Lighten up.

3. I made a joke about keeping the nails for bingo buttons, maybe you need some valium or some anti depressants, you have no sense of humor.

You have jumped on my comments, just wait until other see how bloody small your image is (even when you click on it).

You can't see smile lines, sidewalls, polish application.
Everything that the practise card is supposed to demonstrate, you can't bloody see.

Yet you choose to jump down my throat and think I am somehow picking on you..... GET A GRIP AND GET A LIFE

MORE THAN ANYTHING, GET A SENSE OF HUMOR
wait till others see your post and your responses.

You sound like a little upstart and in doing so, you will isolate yourself.

PLease ........... Don't bother me again........

So here you have a copy of my pvt messages to DollBird..... (just to clarify what I have honestly said to her)........

Judge for yourselves, you can also see what she has said (and my replies) in my profile messages.

I like to help the willing to learn, but I can't help those that won't listen.

Last edited:
But listen to what? A joke regarding bingo buttons, how can I learn from that? I offered to email you better pictures for your advice and you threw c**p back at me!

How silly this all is! Did I really deserve all those comments made?

Maybe we can just get the post back to the whole point in which I posted it in the first place, NailZoo I really would rather we don't communicate we are obviously both passionate about what we think and nails but I never asked for a bunch of comments about my lifestyle and what medication you think I should take.

But in all honesty we cant see anything to judge or critique, the image is too small and perhaps not even taken from an angle that shows anything.

I did try to add a different image. I did say that it was difficult to comment on the picture, and understand you can't give detailed critique. I thought you might just be able to comment on what you can see, bad or good.

I must see the picture differently to you becuase it's pretty large for me

I can see the nail trainer tips, but I cant see close enough to see if they are consistant, crisp, bulky, dippy etc etc

Latest posts

Back