My first attempt at pink & white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAYVIARN

Reaction score
Can I ask you why you like them so thick?

And what kind of critique are you looking for? It's easier to figure that out if you post this in the actual critiques section of the board ;)

thats just how i like them, the same reason why some people like flaired nails or stright nails or stilleto's and so on

Ah ok.

Variety IS the spice of life. ;)

BUT, I want to warn you, that having a nail that thick (and it's not thick-ISH, it's thick ;) ) can SERIOUSLY compromise the nail as it grows out- and I mean your natural nail. It very seriously throws off your natural nails weight balance as it grows, and can cause severe damage to your natural nail, and possibly permanent damage at that.

I used to do that california curve on clients all the time when i lived in Vegas- maybe you can keep the thickness in the apex, and then your curve will be strong and a little less scary to break?

If you want a crisper smile line, try not to drag your pink over the white, but more press it just TO the smile.

:)

ok will try that next time for a crispyer smile line. And thanks for the warning.

Just thinking i did the pink first maybe i need to pree it till it joins with the white and not drag, is that wright. It was quite difficult doing it on my own hand aswell!

Can I ask what brand you're using, as that's a very 'Definite' shade of pink you're working with?

How did you do them and which system, are they sculpts? The way they curve so severely and are so thick they just look like any pressure to the ends would tear them off. :hug:

If you would like critique then I would say you have achieved a MEGA thick and curvy look. To me they look mega fake, unbalanced and do not enhance your hands in anyway shape or form - too thick, too curvy, buggle gum pink that is totally inflattering to your skin tone. But if you like them that way then that is all that matters!

Even though you like them think and false looking they are not consistent and look like they still could do with more filling to make them smoother. Do you have many clients requesting these?

Hi Ladies & Gents

Just wanted to share my 1st set of pink and whites with you all. I was trying to get a curvy thickish look, that's how i like them.

I am guite pleased with them but have spoted lots of room for improvement.

Let me know what you al think.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

http://www.salongeek.com/members/tayviarn-albums-my+nail+art-picture8438-picture-099.jpg

Hey Tayviarn -
I suspect there is room for improvement but honestly I think it's the actual colour that makes them look worse. You need (IMHO) to tone everything down. The colour, the length and the shape.

Your smiles could be more smiley too - they're a little 'flat'! For me it is that 'pink' that I think is way fake looking and unflattering but then sometimes that is what people like - 'fake looking' and not 'natural looking'.

I hope you take these critiques as they are meant and I look forward to seeing the next set with you practising a few changes!:!::hug:

Last edited:
I would say ditch the pink its is imo way too pink, The side walls need to come in also. Thanks for sharing x

My opinion is - I not keen on the overall look of this set you have posted. The pink looks too transparent plus too pink in places (I can see you short nail underneath). I know that you have stated that this is the look that you prefer, but perhaps try going for a more natural look. But hey, we all have to start off somewhere particularly with our first sets. Well done. Just keep practicing..........

can i ask what you used hun ? as i havent ever seen a pink that shade before ,
thanks xx

Thanks Ladis i will take what you said on board. Personally i do like them very pink. I know it's not everyones cup of tea.

Hopefully my next set would be a nicer shape and better smile line, but the pink will have to stay.:rolleyes:

Once again thanks for all constructive crit:Grope:

I used Misa Pink and added pigment a lil

It a product from an Asian wholesale, so it's not that great as you would imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
<p>i am definitely for standing out and doing what you like even if it goes against the norm but I have to say one thing: your own nails are one of your best forms of advertisment, so you want them to always be flattering, imo you should wear your nails in a way your clients will find appealing. think of it this way; would you go to a mechanic who's car was always broke down? my advice would be to tone down the pink (at first glance I thought your nail beds were bloody:/) and work on sculpting a more practical shape. hth, good luck and post your next set
oh and I forgot to mention for that amount of product you would have to charge triple, and no client will pay that much!:)

can i ask who you are trained with ? as most people buy their products from their own distributer etc...

be careful the stuff you are using isnt mma :eek:

if you need any help on further training , products etc.. theres loads of help on here ,
hope this helps xxxxxx

personally these are not my cup if tea and they are not how enahncements should look,but atleast you were honest and werent nieve in what sort of feedback you were going to get.
is this what your clients want? because if not then you would be better off doing something that appeals more to them otherwise they will be very off put by coming to you as they will think thats what all your nails look like.
well done for being brave enough to share.i know its nice to be different but i look forward to seeing more of your ordinary work.xx

Latest posts

Back