My First Critique :-)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabeautie

Reaction score
Hi, finally managed to take some pics and upload them! (about time!) Please be honest and tell me what you think (cristism as well please!) I know some smilies are a bit off!! I have got some more pics, but not sure how to upload more. Thanks xx

Last edited:
Anybody?! Please?! :lol: xx

All in all not a bad job,
they don't look thick and bulky or ugly,
they are nice and flush in zone3,
cant comment on the apex with out a side shot,
they look like they have a nice shine and finish,
and your smiles are not too bad, you are getting there,
i can see one or two dips on a couple of them,
they are a pretty colour, hth :hug:

I think you have done a great job.:hug:

All in all your smile lines are good, just a bit of tweaking and that will sort them, remember consistency and you are there, there are some a wee bit higher than others.

There are some dips in the nails but get that solar oil buffed in to see your line of light and that will guide you as where to put or remove product.

Well done on posting, you should be very proud. :hug:

Well done I think you have done a good job yep there are some faults like the others have said but nothing major xxxx

Thank you all very much for commenting :) I read your comments louby and francesXXX, and looked back at the nails and see what you mean about the dips. I really need to work on my smile lines now! I seem to have a lot more mix ratio control since seeing Kirsten from CND do a quick demo, amazing how it helps. I was quite pleased with you (louby?!) that zone 3 was nice and flush - at last!!! lol
Thanks again everyone :hug: xx

Thank you all very much for commenting :) I read your comments louby and francesXXX, and looked back at the nails and see what you mean about the dips. I really need to work on my smile lines now! I seem to have a lot more mix ratio control since seeing Kirsten from CND do a quick demo, amazing how it helps. I was quite pleased with you (louby?!) that zone 3 was nice and flush - at last!!! lol
Thanks again everyone :hug: xx

Be very proud of your zone 3 hunny, that is what a lot struggle with :hug:

Your smile lines don't need much work just a bit of tweaking, you are well on your way there. xxxxx:hug:

That means a lot! Thanks! I think its quite nice when you finally see things c oming together after practising so hard all the time! I qualified a couple of weeks ago with Creative, and was thinking of doing a 1 to 1 just for an hour to see what Im doing wrong or what I could improve on :) Thanks again hun xx

Don't think about doing a 1-1, just do it! I have done them often, and learn something new EVERY TIME! :)

As for your nails, you need to build up your apex- without this, your nail will have no toughness, and will not wear well. You have a few dips and curves in the finshed nail, and you want a perfectly smooth bridge, with the highest point (your apex) being direct center of the entire enhancement.
They need to be more tapered- when you file your sidewalls, hold the file as flat as possible while looking at the core/center of the board- focus on creating a line of dust that is perfectly straight!

Smile lines will come with practice- when you are in between clients, sit and work with them on a tip, over and over ;) I also highly recommend watching the perfect smile line video on www.cnd.com- it's a fab learning tool, and I use it quite alot myself when I hit a wall :) The best trick is to TUCK the product and not SWIPE it for a crisp line :)

I also would like to see the smile line a bit lower, to slightly extend the nail bed appearance ;)

All in all, it's an attractive set, and a good start! Keep up the good work, and practice makes perfect ;)

how funny ! I was just about to say I think they are great but do a 1-2-1 to get your confidence! great colour tips!

I think they look wicked ;)

Latest posts

Back