my first gel lifting nightmare ;-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi, ur all probably thinking oh god another lifting thread :rolleyes:Anyway i thought i would tell yous what happened ,wed night i did natural tip with french overlay ,no problamos until today ,client phone me saying that one had come completly off and some others had started splitting in the middle :eek: and then to top it off the rest was lifting from the side walls ,its her hen night 2m (sat ) she has phone me really upset shes wanting them off asap this was tonight at 10pm .i couldnt do them 2night but i said if she had time 2m before she goes away for her weekend she could pop in and il replace them,shes hasnt that much time ,so anyway i said ok il remove whats left of them and do her a mini manicure and polish she says ok but she thinks she should get a refund ,i just says ok as she is local as im worry in what it might do to my wee business ,what do u guys think :irked:

ok hun don't panic. One has lifted and some from the sidewalls? Yes?

Ok have a look and try and fix what is there rather than taking it off and just do a polish. Don't despair and think it's you just have a look and try and work the problem out. Anything can be fixed it just takes your eye to see it.

Most important of all is,you are the qualified tech, show her that! Let her go with your guidance rather than her telling you. Show your confidence and it will be fine hun :hug:

Most important of all is,you are the qualified tech, show her that! Let her go with your guidance rather than her telling you. Show your confidence and it will be fine hun :hug:

Couldn't agree with this statement more. Never commit to doing anything until you have actually seen what it going on. I had a client once complain that there was terrible lifting, when I got there there was a tiny bit on one nail. Was peeved that I got called out on a free mobile visit for this! When you see them and think that it is your fault then fair enough I think a refund is in order if she doesn't want anything else doing. But if she has anything else done then charge her for it, don't give a freebie, we're not charity workers! Also, one client where things went wrong is not going to destroy your business ... it's how you handle a complaint that can make or break your reputation.

Good luck

Do you get this on other Clients?? If not, i think the lifting and that might me self inflicted!!!

I had a client that tried to say every single one pooped off over night, and i know she is a nail biter so i know she will have had them in her mouth and picking at them. Anyway from now on when i go to do a new client i make them fill in a client card were on the bottom it gets them to sign to say some thing like any breakages after i have left are to be paid for. so they know before i even leave.

I would tell your client that you (if you don't) have this prob with other clients and ask her about about her lifestyle. She might have her hand in water all day or doing a manual job and this could be making them lift and come off.

A good thing about the client cards is you are asking all these questing before you put the nails on.

hope you get them sorted! xx

Couldn't agree with this statement more. Never commit to doing anything until you have actually seen what it going on. I had a client once complain that there was terrible lifting, when I got there there was a tiny bit on one nail. Was peeved that I got called out on a free mobile visit for this! When you see them and think that it is your fault then fair enough I think a refund is in order if she doesn't want anything else doing. But if she has anything else done then charge her for it, don't give a freebie, we're not charity workers! Also, one client where things went wrong is not going to destroy your business ... it's how you handle a complaint that can make or break your reputation.

Good luck
hi sassy,i waited for her to show up this morning but she didnt ,i knew she was pushed for time though but she didnt phone either so il see if she`ll give me a wee phone between 2m or monday as il be away on tues for two weeks .and i agree with u about charging for another treatment if not il go with a refund but i dont think she`ll have them on if i do see her by then :rolleyes:anyway put it all down to experience thats how we learn i suppose :hug:

When she says splitting in the middle . . . if it's a vertical crack from free edge to cuticle this is easily caused by inserting the nail between the teeth and clamping down :smack: Don't agree to anything till you've inspected hun x

When she says splitting in the middle . . . if it's a vertical crack from free edge to cuticle this is easily caused by inserting the nail between the teeth and clamping down :smack: Don't agree to anything till you've inspected hun x
hi yes i think ur right as that probably why she didnt come in as i would have seen that ,and if she does come in on monday she will have probably have took them off as she had her hen night tonight (sat).

Latest posts

Back