My first nasty lash complaint has got me down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Been trading a few years now and a lady messaged me saying she wasnt happy after 1 day with her lashes because they were "clumpy, i didnt do the ends on each side, they fall down and the myscara on the bottom wasnt even there just bobbles of glue" as she said.

So i said come back let me see even though from her words i thought we have a player here. I remembered she has moaned about her previous set of lashes, i made sure we talked about what she wanted, i did exactly that, she sat up, looked and said, can you do them thicker, so i did, she went home happy, didnt say anything negative, and they looked nice. Im not new to lashes but i am to semi perm mascara.

anyway she came back and i said, yes a few are missing at ends, i didnt miss them, they have fallen out. I said i could replace them free of charge but you seem to not like the full set even tho i see them as very good and nothing like your describing. I said ill take them off for free for you. So i did. She said "am i not getting any money back" i said "ill give you the mascara £ back as i am new to that and yes that could have been thicker although it was not bobbly as you say". So she got £5 back, thats all i charge for a lick of mascara on bottom with EE. She was argumentative and i didnt back down as my work is very good.

Now on a sunday she is harassing me again saying the brow tint has faded 2 days after!! refectocil as well! i said no, that doesnt happen and its a new tube i used. She had plenty of opportunity to say something at the time.

If someone doesnt like the lashes and theres nothing wrong, what do you do??? half a refund?? i loved them and i did as she asked :s

I attach a set of lashes i did last week not the actual ones, but so you can see my standard of work.

i charge only £30 and takes me 1hr 15.

I use flirties glue but must admit its not lasting well hence her outside ones dropping out. But that actually has nothing to do with her complaints that was only the day after anyway, thats another story. I love flirties glue for te very reason that there is less clumping than with marvel lash glue.

anyway rabbit rabbit ......hope you can help me find a way to solve this. x

Attachments

• 311531_271845396263126_811433760_n.jpg
    311531_271845396263126_811433760_n.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 652
Been trading a few years now and a lady messaged me saying she wasnt happy after 1 day with her lashes because they were "clumpy, i didnt do the ends on each side, they fall down and the myscara on the bottom wasnt even there just bobbles of glue" as she said.

So i said come back let me see even though from her words i thought we have a player here. I remembered she has moaned about her previous set of lashes, i made sure we talked about what she wanted, i did exactly that, she sat up, looked and said, can you do them thicker, so i did, she went home happy, didnt say anything negative, and they looked nice. Im not new to lashes but i am to semi perm mascara.

anyway she came back and i said, yes a few are missing at ends, i didnt miss them, they have fallen out. I said i could replace them free of charge but you seem to not like the full set even tho i see them as very good and nothing like your describing. I said ill take them off for free for you. So i did. She said "am i not getting any money back" i said "ill give you the mascara £ back as i am new to that and yes that could have been thicker although it was not bobbly as you say". So she got £5 back, thats all i charge for a lick of mascara on bottom with EE. She was argumentative and i didnt back down as my work is very good.

Now on a sunday she is harassing me again saying the brow tint has faded 2 days after!! refectocil as well! i said no, that doesnt happen and its a new tube i used. She had plenty of opportunity to say something at the time.

If someone doesnt like the lashes and theres nothing wrong, what do you do??? half a refund?? i loved them and i did as she asked :s

I attach a set of lashes i did last week not the actual ones, but so you can see my standard of work.

i charge only £30 and takes me 1hr 15.

I use flirties glue but must admit its not lasting well hence her outside ones dropping out. But that actually has nothing to do with her complaints that was only the day after anyway, thats another story. I love flirties glue for te very reason that there is less clumping than with marvel lash glue.

anyway rabbit rabbit ......hope you can help me find a way to solve this. x

I would luv these lashes! Fab job :)
I find sometimes as some ppls lashes are shorter at the ends that the lashes won't last as long. X

Lashes look gorgeous!

Moaning Minnie! Probably best shot of her...........

Remember we can't please them all :hug: x

Those lashes look lovely, I'm new to lashes and if mine looked like that I'd be very happy. She sounds to me as if she's after something for nothing, stand by your work. As for the tint I bet the tint has faded off the skin.

Your work looks amazing! Well done :lol:

As somebody else said, you can't please them all Hun.....

Where a bouts in East Anglia are you? X

Tell her to jog on. There's nothing wrong with your work and you charge far too little! Don't worry about her, she obviously just wants something for nothing if she was asking for money back x

I think your lashes are fab and would be delighted with them. Don't let it get you down x

They are gorgeous Hun! I don't do lashes but if I got a set like these done I'd be a very happy bunny xx

Sad to say you just get people who want anything for nothing at some point I think we all get one client like this :( xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Thank you for that girls, i would take any criticism off geeks better than clients who know nothing.

Good point about the dye off skin! i gave up in the end as even if i explained that too her she wouldnt have any of it.

Its unfair she said the standard of my work is bad and my customer service worse! i am so good to my customers i let them walk all over me usually but just cause i wouldnt refund her she said she will make sure anyone she knows wont be coming to me. Pure evil.

xxx

Aww sweetie what a horrible woman!
Don't worry about her. You have us -hugs-

Ps when r u coming to do my lashes? ;) x

Tell her to bog off!!! I dont do lashes, but those lashes look beautiful, I'd be very happy with those personally.

How practical would it be to take pictures of each set you do so when you get people like this you can see if there's a difference to show them?

I had something similar with a tan client, I did it and 30 mins later she called to say it wasn't dark enough. I explained AGAIN it takes 8 hrs to develope, I said for her to call me the next day if she wasn't happy then came the excuses 'I don't live round here' 'I'm going out tonight' 'I've got a job interview' in the end I gave her a refund and asked her not to come back. I said the natural tans I did wasn't what she was looking for and to try a foam from Boots. Grrrrr she just wanted a freebie and I was too warn out to argue.

I think they are lovley, I only do lashes on my family as iv not got the confidence yet to go out in others, and I would prefer to do more training in them, but if mine were anywhere near this good I'd be selling them to everyone!
Some people will never be happy until you are completely miserable, don't let them do that to you! Id also ignore her threats, clients she knows will probably go off their experience, it's only new clients who may think twice.
Try taking pictures for every client, if you use computer booking ad records then just attach them, or possibly keep a file on your home pc for clients, make a file for each client and date the picture before saving, then print out the picture smallish and store with the record card, dispose of the picture after ther next service (you can also take the pic back to them and ask if theres anything different they want this time. Xoxo

Those lashes look incredible! There are always going to be people out there that oush their luck, especially in the current economic climate...don't worry!! Stingy c*w!

Thank you so much guys. xx

May I have those lashes please!!!! Don't back down. If her brows have faded, always correct- never refund xxxx

What lashes are they - I think they look so lovely xx

I'd look up a semi permanent makeup artist in the area and tell her to go to them for her brows re done, tattoo the f ers on her and then let her whine xoxo

oh my word!!! shes txtd me at 5am today!!

i did her friend yesterday after a few lashes fell out, i didnt want to but her friend was really nice and obviously the lashes fallingout in 2 days were my fault my new glue (which i have another thread about) anyway she wasnt complaining about that it was the next day anyway.

So i did her friend and topped up her mascara on bottom lashes, which she didnt think needed doing but i said im happy to, your here why not! then your friend can keep the £10 (£5 each mascara).

Shes not happy with the £10 and she said "you admit your super glue is rubbish you shouldnt be using something on clients until you know how and not charge full price"

£5 for a lick of mascara?? pricey??

My response " I dont need your business advice, especially when you know nothing about beauty therapy clearly by your wording, make this your last text"

one more and im off to the police! anyone ever been to police about harassment related to business?? im worried it will come back on me even though my work is good.

my god shes desperate for ££. I have a feeling even if i gave her 50% back she would still be having a go at me.

Im sick of waking up to horrible txts off her ruining my day.

Latest posts

Back