My first no show vent!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Im really very new to this industry. Ive spent weeks working hard to get set up. Business is slow, mainly a few family right now.
I have sent out business cards and advertised on Fb. Nothing much from either. I must not loose hope!

From the fb ad i had a girl book in for this evening for her and her mother. I prepped and planed and even had little butterflies of nerves. Not only did she not bother to come or call, she then blocked my page so she wouldnt have to answer if i text. How rude!!

Ive given up my evening, im annoyed. Do you get this often? Im thinking im going to have to get a thicker skin if im to ever be successful

Thankyou for allowing me to vent! Xx

Hi I'm a mobile hair and go to people so they tend to let you know in advance if they need to cancel. Is there anyway you could go to them instead or are you based in a salon? I've only ever had one no show and she thought it was the next day xx

Im really very new to this industry. Ive spent weeks working hard to get set up. Business is slow, mainly a few family right now.
I have sent out business cards and advertised on Fb. Nothing much from either. I must not loose hope!

From the fb ad i had a girl book in for this evening for her and her mother. I prepped and planed and even had little butterflies of nerves. Not only did she not bother to come or call, she then blocked my page so she wouldnt have to answer if i text. How rude!!

Ive given up my evening, im annoyed. Do you get this often? Im thinking im going to have to get a thicker skin if im to ever be successful

for allowing me to vent! Xx
I had this last night too..full set of acrylic & shellac and a no show..I'd turned away 3 other clients that wanted that slot too!
What makes it worse is she is a hairdresser,so she should no better really! I messaged her hours before and no answer then she messaged me at 11pm to say she had her days mixed up!
It is annoying but I'm afraid it's going to happen!
I'm taking deposits for my Xmas bookings..No deposit no appointment [emoji119][emoji23] xx

Hi I'm a mobile hair and go to people so they tend to let you know in advance if they need to cancel. Is there anyway you could go to them instead or are you based in a salon? I've only ever had one no show and she thought it was the next day xx
Im based from home, travelling is not really an option at all right now. Thankyou for your suggestion though x

I had this last night too..full set of acrylic & shellac and a no show..I'd turned away 3 other clients that wanted that slot too!
What makes it worse is she is a hairdresser,so she should no better really! I messaged her hours before and no answer then she messaged me at 11pm to say she had her days mixed up!
It is annoying but I'm afraid it's going to happen!
I'm taking deposits for my Xmas bookings..No deposit no appointment [emoji119][emoji23] xx
Sucks!!

Blessing in disguise is how I look at it.. U don't need customers like that anyway.. U want respectable ones! Not ones that would go to the extreme of blocking someone rather than just letting them know they have changed their minds..

Blessing in disguise is how I look at it.. U don't need customers like that anyway.. U want respectable ones! Not ones that would go to the extreme of blocking someone rather than just letting them know they have changed their minds..
Your so right!!!!

It's really infuriating when this happens. It's easier said than done but try not to let it get to you, chin up and keep plodding on. There are some measures you can put in place to help prevent/manage these, but if someone will go to the lengths of blocking your page then I'd suspect they never intended to come to the appointment in the first place.

After a while you almost develop an instinct for who is going to mess you around and you can handle it a bit better because it's not a surprise to you.

With people like this I always tag them on to the end of a cluster of appointments, usually at the end of the day, so 10 minutes after the appointment time if they haven't arrived, I can pack up and I'm done for the day. I never allow anyone to book someone else in with them, I always say "I'm afraid I can't take a booking for your mum/friend/sister unless they contact me themselves". Sending out a reminder about the appointment the day before really helps.

I find it's always new clients that no show. My regulars never cancel or no show unless it's a real genuine reason - I can only think of 2 occasions in 10 months where regular clients have been a no show.

I'm now really strict with my cancellation/no show policy for new clients - if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or are a no show, you can either pay a 50% deposit to secure another appointment, or call/text on the day you want and take whatever is available.

Onwards and upwards!

No shows are soooo annoying. But you will remember their name and not bother to book them in again if they didn't have a good excuse. Luckily as you get more experience and your name out there, they become less frequent.

Sadly, folk don't care!
They somehow don't SEE that you have lost money by them not turning up.
When I worked from home, they'd say things like....
" Knew you wouldn't mind me not coming.....after all, you could be getting on with something else...like your washing"!!!o_O
No dinner on the table for us tonight then.:(
THANK YOU!!!!:mad:

It's really infuriating when this happens. It's easier said than done but try not to let it get to you, chin up and keep plodding on. There are some measures you can put in place to help prevent/manage these, but if someone will go to the lengths of blocking your page then I'd suspect they never intended to come to the appointment in the first place.

After a while you almost develop an instinct for who is going to mess you around and you can handle it a bit better because it's not a surprise to you.

With people like this I always tag them on to the end of a cluster of appointments, usually at the end of the day, so 10 minutes after the appointment time if they haven't arrived, I can pack up and I'm done for the day. I never allow anyone to book someone else in with them, I always say "I'm afraid I can't take a booking for your mum/friend/sister unless they contact me themselves". Sending out a reminder about the appointment the day before really helps.

I find it's always new clients that no show. My regulars never cancel or no show unless it's a real genuine reason - I can only think of 2 occasions in 10 months where regular clients have been a no show.

I'm now really strict with my cancellation/no show policy for new clients - if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or are a no show, you can either pay a 50% deposit to secure another appointment, or call/text on the day you want and take whatever is available.

Onwards and upwards!
Thank you for that. Because im so new i was really let down. But im hoping with time when i have regulars on the books that i wont feel so bad. To be honest my instinct told me she wouldnt come hours before her appointment, i just had a feeling. I will be sure to text 24 hours prior going forward and not let people book in for others. Great tips.

Thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back