My gel brush has gone all wonky - how do it fix it?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozenja

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I put my gel brush's lid on quicky and when I opened it, it is all misshaped :-( Any tips?! Its my favourate Bio-gel one...

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 2012-01-24 13.25.16.jpg
    2012-01-24 13.25.16.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 176
In desparation to save a gel or acrylic brush, I dip it in boiling water for a second. That has saved the day for me a couple of times.

I am so pleased that this tip worked. I don't know what I would do with out the generosity of the people @ Salon Geek. You are awesome Urban Geek!!! xx

In desparation to save a gel or acrylic brush, I dip it in boiling water for a second. That has saved the day for me a couple of times.

I will have to remember that one - i've been trying to reshape one of my brushes by wrapping it up in clingfilm but it hasn't worked. Will try that tip immediately!!(if i haven't thrown it out that is!! :irked:)

I am so pleased that this tip worked. I don't know what I would do with out the generosity of the people @ Salon Geek. You are awesome Urban Geek!!! xx

You are very welcome and I'm glad it worked!

I learned a very costly lesson when I competed at a Scottish show a few years ago. I got to the comp arena all prepared, set up spot on and the last thing I took out was my 2 pro styler L&P brushes (an extra just in case of emergency lol!). I had travelled with then wrapped in tissue and then in a toothbrush holder which was an almost perfect fit. To my horror, when I was setting up minutes before the start of the comp, my two brushes were like shovels at the tip as they had curled up. I tried everything to no avail. I didn't have hot water to hand and didn't think of it in any case. I carried on unable to achieve a point with my brush, just shovels lol! You can imagine, the nails I produced were not something to be proud of and it was a very slow and painful comp! :Scared::sad:

black coffee is good too as a last resort!

You are very welcome and I'm glad it worked!

I learned a very costly lesson when I competed at a Scottish show a few years ago. I got to the comp arena all prepared, set up spot on and the last thing I took out was my 2 pro styler L&P brushes (an extra just in case of emergency lol!). I had travelled with then wrapped in tissue and then in a toothbrush holder which was an almost perfect fit. To my horror, when I was setting up minutes before the start of the comp, my two brushes were like shovels at the tip as they had curled up. I tried everything to no avail. I didn't have hot water to hand and didn't think of it in any case. I carried on unable to achieve a point with my brush, just shovels lol! You can imagine, the nails I produced were not something to be proud of and it was a very slow and painful comp! :Scared::sad:

awww man that sounds awful!!! I can't imagine how bad that would be :-( Have you come up with a tip to protect the brush tip? I am sure mobile techs have a trick up their sleeve! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Being a mobile and salon geek my brushes live in a travel toothbrush case! I got this from Boots and it was no more than a couple quid. Its a clear slimline case and inside I keep a couple blubs of white tack, when finished with my brushes get pushed snug into the tack and they dont move.
Result is nice aired brushes that are completely intact....they love it in there lol

xx:wink2:

I cut those giant straws for drinking bubble tea and slip it over my brush tips to keep the tips protected before storing them in my jelly belly tube. I also use regular clear straws for my striper brushes. I should probably invest in a toothbrush holder :lol:

Latest posts

Back