My glitters are not very glittery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hello

I use glitters mixed with acrylic powder, mainly for glitter tips, and although I have used many different brands of glitter from Nail grafix to bog standard nail art glitters from ebay, my glitters never seem very glittery. I see pictures on here and some of your nails are gorgeous, with really blingy glitters, but mine seem to lose their sparkle when I cap them with clear acrylic.

Should I be using chunkier glitters? Would this give me a more blingy look? my clear cap is only thin so I dont think its that.

I use all sorts of glitter too, maybe you have put to much acrylic in with the glitter, try adding abit more and see how it is then.

I use a uv top coat after, i do have only one glitter that isnt that sparkly and its a black one .

What clear are you using? Some clears are not clear but milky and if your mixratio is off, then tiny bubbles will also cause a more dull look. And last as said above if the nail isn't smooth enough it will look dull too.

Last edited:
thanks I use CND clear, and my mix ratio is fine I think, I dont get any bubbles etc. Perhaps I'm not buffing to a high enough shine, I'll have a play

I use all sorts of glitter too, maybe you have put to much acrylic in with the glitter, try adding abit more and see how it is then.

I use a uv top coat after, i do have only one glitter that isnt that sparkly and its a black one .
try mixing a bit of silver in with the black and it will be lovely x

Try mixing your glitter with a sheer pink. Clear can sometimes dull the glitter x

Thanks will try that x

thanks I use CND clear, and my mix ratio is fine I think, I dont get any bubbles etc. Perhaps I'm not buffing to a high enough shine, I'll have a play

Buffing to shine is perfect for french and natural because it gives a lovely natural shine, but with glitters, you really need a good gel topcoat to bring out the sparkle. Try it, i bet it makes a huge difference xxx

I don't put glitter in acrylic anymore. I do it all rock-star style ... Much more glittery and you can easily file it off to change it as frequently as the client wants to .... Much more simple, more glittery and convenient.

Use all these wonderful new products to your advantage. .. Layer them. Use that inhibition layer to glitter the world if you want to and keep your life simple, affordable for the client and you business booming.

I don't put glitter in acrylic anymore. I do it all rock-star style ... Much more glittery and you can easily file it off to change it as frequently as the client wants to .... Much more simple, more glittery and convenient.

Use all these wonderful new products to your advantage. .. Layer them. Use that inhibition layer to glitter the world if you want to and keep your life simple, affordable for the client and you business booming.

Hi Geeg

At the risk of sounding stupid would you do the following. Apply acrylic, shellac base coat over the top, glitter then one or two top coat. I supposemthe same could be done for French couldn't it?

Xxxx

Hi Geeg

At the risk of sounding stupid would you do the following. Apply acrylic, shellac base coat over the top, glitter then one or two top coat. I supposemthe same could be done for French couldn't it?

Xxxx
It isn't stupid ... Some use base coat and some just use the top coat which is a bit thicker. As long as you have an inhibition layer on the surface to burnish your glitter into and then you can go over with a top coat and, yes, the same for French.

It makes so much sense doesnt it? I have been battling on forever to help people work smarter not harder. It simply does not make any sense to do nail art in a permanent way, which has to be filed off or clipped off (all that mess and time taken) if the client wants frequent changes ... That's "for the birds" if you want my opinion. I want an easy life, thanks. So work smart; there has never been an easier time to do it. :D

It isn't stupid ... Some use base coat and some just use the top coat which is a bit thicker. As long as you have an inhibition layer on the surface to burnish your glitter into and then you can go over with a top coat and, yes, the same for French.

It makes so much sense doesnt it? I have been battling on forever to help people work smarter not harder. It simply does not make any sense to do nail art in a permanent way, which has to be filed off or clipped off (all that mess and time taken) if the client wants frequent changes ... That's "for the birds" if you want my opinion. I want an easy life, thanks. So work smart; there has never been an easier time to do it. :D

Do you know as much as I love forever French it is a complete pain with my clients who don't look after their nails I'm forever trying to replace a nail here and there. I think I'm going to do them all sheer pink then shellac them whatever they want on the end lol. Soooooo much easier and I'm not even going to feel bad about it because when they trash their nails they don't feel bad lol. Plus to be honest they just want nails that last and I need to be quicker. Thank you Geeg so much I feel great gonna start in about half an hour with my 6.00pm appointment lol xxxxxx:D

Latest posts

Back