My Minxing skills on the hubby! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
I needed a model for Minx toes so i used my hubby's feet lol.

I needed a squadie to test how long Minx lasts in army boots, someone who is physically active. He does alot of running, swimming and physical training. I have a few female clients who have asked if they last well in army boots and i was unsure so this is my test. He has his right toes finished with Shellac base & top coat, his left toes without.

I don't offer Minx yet so im practicing. Are my Minxing skills good enough to start charging?

Quit practising and get charging :hug:

Thankyou Debbie. I have close up pictures now in my album. I wasn't sure how i could upload more than one picture in the critiques xx

Definately I would pay for those! Get charging although not sure it will take off with the guys!! but you never know? :lol:

great way to give it a good test though!

You've done a great job, you should definitely get charging!

Your hubby is very game wearing that design!! My brothers are in the army and would most definately not model for me, nor would mr chocolatepickle, let along such a noticeable design! I'm not going to ask how you persuaded him...:lol:

They are lovely! Get charging.
Poor man with bright pink toes hehe, I love it x

They look great... well done, your Hubbie has nice feet!

You're as bad as me... I needed a model to practice my Minx, so my Hubbie got roped into it too, but he made me take them straight off... pity!

So what I want to know is... did you make him pose like that, or did he love his new Minxed toes so much that he struck that pose himself? :lol:

They look great... well done, your Hubbie has nice feet!

You're as bad as me... I needed a model to practice my Minx, so my Hubbie got roped into it too, but he made me take them straight off... pity!

So what I want to know is... did you make him pose like that, or did he love his new Minxed toes so much that he struck that pose himself? :lol:
hehe no i asked him to pose like that it looks more feminine :lol:

I am impressed that he let you minx him, but SERIOUSLY impressed if he intends to keep wearing them to try longevity. Most men I know wouldn't do that, let alone a squaddie.

He's got swimming friday morning :lol: within a gym full of squadies! :twisted:

Wow, those look great.
What an amazing & supportive hubby you have, massive pat on the back for him :)
I have just re-minxed my toes after having the previous design on for 14 weeks! (with no shellac, just minx design) I know you are doing a test to see if the shellaced foot lasts longer than the other, but on toes I dont think this is needed as it lasts so so long on its own. Good idea to add the shellac ontop of minxed fingers as they dont last as long. x:hug:x

They look fab and I would happily pay for minx that look like that. Would be fascinated to find out how long they last for on your husband's toenails!

I'd pay money to see their faces!

Me too!! :green:

He's defintely a hubby in a million to firstly have pink minx and to keep it on! Oh, but defintely wax those toes if you want to show off the piccies to prospective clients!! ;)

Hi Karen

I think you've done a great job, the sizing looks good, they look smooth,(love the pose lol) The one thing to mention though is when finishing to check down the barrel of the nails (after you have filed away the excess Minx) and make sure the minx is attached to the top of the nail but not over the free edge which you have done but there is a small bit of minx hanging over the free edge on the big toe that needed to be filed away because anything that overlaps the free edge can cause Minx to peel back abit like wall paper. (mainly because clients will pick at it too)

Other than that though they look great! So stop praticing get get earning some money on real clients. :green:

How did he get on swimming? would love to know how th etest went. Is the Shellac needed?

Hi Karen, I am a newbie! I am due to start a private training course doing Rebel Nails - similar to minx, I don't suppose you would know if thats a right move as Ive read reviews saying that minx is the best, lasting 4 weeks, however rebel nails only a couple of days! :eek: Trying to figure out how to be part of discussions...very confused!!

Hi Karen, I am a newbie! I am due to start a private training course doing Rebel Nails - similar to minx, I don't suppose you would know if thats a right move as Ive read reviews saying that minx is the best, lasting 4 weeks, however rebel nails only a couple of days! :eek: Trying to figure out how to be part of discussions...very confused!!
Hi miss beauty. I haven't heard any reviews on Rebel Nails yet but i did see them being advertised alongside Minx in the latest copy of guild gazette. I hadn't heard of them until then.

Its not very good that they only last a few days though. I wouldn't be happy to pay for a treatment that was only going to last that long if i were a paying client, and i wouldn't be prepared to pay has much has a Minx treatment can charge. I have read that other forum geeks have had Minx on even longer than 8 weeks! Although we don't advise it to our clients.

I would also like to see the product before i decided to invest in any of the stock has i know there is some others out there and the quality just isn't the same has Minx.
Have you enquired about Minx Training yet? Where abouts are you in the UK?

If you want to be part of the discussions, if you click on 'Forums' tab at the top of the main page it will take you to several forums consisting of Hair, nail, skin forums, click on either and you can read all the related discussions in that category. There is also a search tab on the right hand side above the main threads so you can search for topics which may have already been discussed, or like yourself, is trying to research a particular product before investing into.

Sorry if i haven't been of much help :confused: but i did read somewhere that the forum mods were setting up some sort of newbie help where there were going to be geek volunteers to help and guide newbies through the forums. I think it may be Nailsinlondon who set this up, im not 100% sure though. You might find the post in the site assistance section.

Feel free to pm me if you need anymore help. xxx

How did he get on swimming? would love to know how th etest went. Is the Shellac needed?
He didn't do swimming that morning, he choose to go for a run instead! :lol:
He hasn't been checking on them so i checked this morning and he has lost his Minx of his little toe on the non shellac foot. I'm not sure when he lost it but it has been 12 days today.

The shellac foot is still like new and the non shellac foot has some wear on the free edge of his big toe, not on the minx pattern but on the free edge. Its not lifting either, it just looks white.

To be fair i don't think i choose the right design for him has he does have upturned nails and the pink cheetah Minx seems to have a white underside which shows on the free edge for some reason, even when freshly applied Minx i cannot get the white to disappear when i file the free edge. I will post a pic in my album at 2 weeks. xx

Latest posts

Back