My nail has ripped off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairynice

Reaction score
What is the best way to look after my nail bed as I have no nail from zone 2 - zone 3?
Is it best to cover it or leave it out to dry? Is there an ointment I should put on it? Should I not do nails until it has healed?
:confused:

Awwwwww, that sounds so sore! I can't give you any advice, but have a lot of sympathy tp give you :hug: :hiug:

i would leave it well alone to dry out flower - then when its not so sore then put an enhancement on it

i may be wrong but this is what i would do on my own nails

It wasn't with those stilleto nails you had on was it !!! :eek:

If it was omg I feel your pain mate !!!

What is the best way to look after my nail bed as I have no nail from zone 2 - zone 3?
Is it best to cover it or leave it out to dry? Is there an ointment I should put on it? Should I not do nails until it has healed?
:confused:
No doubt is is raw and really painful with all those nerve endings exposed as they are :eek:. In these early stages you could put a simple sterile dressing on eg. bandaid, to protect the raw nail bed from potential infection and being banged against objects which would hurt like h*ll. Then start to remove the dressing at night so the nail be can start to dry out as your nail grows back. You will get to a point when you can leave the dressing off permanently.

I agree that you should not put anything on it, like cream/ointment. You mainly want to protect against infection and painful bumps and knocks. Once dried out and no longer painful, I see no reason why you should continue performing nail services, although you may have to dress it whilst doing so. You would not want to be getting dust particles, product etc. anywhere near the wound untill well healed.

I gotta ask how on earth that happened? Is there still nail on the zone 1/smileline area?

I gotta ask how on earth that happened? Is there still nail on the zone 1/smileline area?
this is what i was thinking
i broke my nail not long ago and i just left it alone.i ended up wrapping it up because i kept catching it on everything as mine broke in zone 1,so i sympathise with you.x

If there is an open wound though, I think you should maybe take a trip to the doc's
When It happend to my toenail...I was told by lots of very helpful geeks to go to the hospital, I did and they put me on antibiotics to make sure I didn't get an infection.xx

It wasn't with those stilleto nails you had on was it !!! :eek:

If it was omg I feel your pain mate !!!

yep, those emms....ouch...that will teach me for squabbling with my man..lol:)

owwwwwwwww hun, hope it feels better soon :hug:

Poke him in the eyes, then your nails wont break off!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

owwwwwwwww hun, hope it feels better soon :hug:

Poke him in the eyes, then your nails wont break off!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

lol, that would have been a better idea... thanks sweetie, see you soon :hug:

Latest posts

Back