My nails are a disaster! I don't know how to do them.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky...Its not just about where you buy the nail enhancement products from...the point is that with NO nail enhancement training you shouldn't really being buying nail enhancement products and doing nail enhancements on anyone..even friends...and without a cert in nail enhancements you wont get insurance.

Best of luck... you might find sallys a little confusing with nail bits as they wont give advice on products they sell and nor do they come with instructions as i recently found out!! I think nail art course in general are cheaper, I know with lechat theyre half the price of gel training etc... and fun, so much u can do :) Brilliant to offer alongside manicures / pedicures and extra money as u can offer a deal with both :) Again good luck with ur training

Becky...Its not just about where you buy the nail enhancement products from...the point is that with NO nail enhancement training you shouldn't really being buying nail enhancement products and doing nail enhancements on anyone..even friends...and without a cert in nail enhancements you wont get insurance.

well thats a different ball game all together then.... thank you.... lol

I have no other option than finding a course in my area ..but how long should a good course last? somebody said the one day courses are no good.. is it worth wasting my money on such a course ?? what length of course do you think would suffice??

Again, I only came here for some tips advice, and thank god i hear you all say.. i have been given some professional advice!! I promise I will leave the nail enhancements until I have done a course so as not to give the professionals a bad name!! and again sorry if I offended anybody with my first post... but hey look on the bright side.... I have made a few more friends today !!!! lol xxx

or maybe not..................................:cry:

or maybe not..................................:cry:

:lol: you big girl...of course you have. I trained with Creative and loved it, rate it and have never regretted it, but do your homework...type training in the search option on here and best of luck x

well thats a different ball game all together then.... thank you.... lol

I have no other option than finding a course in my area ..but how long should a good course last? somebody said the one day courses are no good.. is it worth wasting my money on such a course ?? what length of course do you think would suffice??

Again, I only came here for some tips advice, and thank god i hear you all say.. i have been given some professional advice!! I promise I will leave the nail enhancements until I have done a course so as not to give the professionals a bad name!! and again sorry if I offended anybody with my first post... but hey look on the bright side.... I have made a few more friends today !!!! lol xxx

Becky,
Bit of advise, the best training you can have is through CND ongoing education and support they are like a family to those of us on here that are CND trained you start with the basics a foundation course on which to build your skills,
Money well spent and a lot more support than you get anywhere else.
www.sweetsquared.co.uk check out their education.
You will also be secure in your knowledge that you are using the Rolls Royce of the industries products, Reassuringly Expensive as the saying goes.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for.
You cant go wrong with CND and Insurance companies recognise them too.
HTHs
As you can see we are all a very passionate bunch here at salongeek, we dont mean to cause upset or offence but we also dont want others with little knowledge recomending unauthorised distributors.:hug:
Jen xxxxx

Becky,
but we also dont want others with little knowledge recomending unauthorised distributors.:hug:
Jen xxxxx

Like i did (blush).... now i know!

I trained with lechat, was over a couple of full days and if you are not confident they will go on as long as you need to feel confident, I spent just over £200 and about £60 for my starter kit, and a lamp on top (which i already owned). This course was level 1 of gel nails, which explores all contraindications etc, and applying clear gel for overlays or with false tips - no coloured gel. Level 2 is the same price again, but u must do level 1 1st. Level 2 looks at coloured gels like pink white etc etc and more advanced.I did look around at courses, but this was best for me as i live in a village with little transport with children; the woman came to my house to train me (whilst granny n grandad collected the kids) and I had to choose 2 models, one for each day. And do a short exam. Hth. Check out lechat website.You can call them for further advice

fab thank you all, I shall check out the training options available in my area.. thanks all for your kind words of wisdom.... any chance of a group hug ! lol .... I shall let you know once i am booked on a course.. funds pending, should be in a month or two!

And if anybody asks me how my "POP acrylic nail course is going" .. well the answer is in the name POP !! lol

xxxx

I ran before I could walk, and I have suffered for it, I only did enhancements on myself at the time but because I had not had the proper training monomer was getting all over my fingers, they would itch like mad with little blisters skin peeling off I was suffering from over exposure, I still suffer from it now and alway's will, I have since then been properly trained and at least once a year I do course to keep up with growing trends, over exposure is a terrible thing to have I now wear gloves when doing clients nails and when I do my own I have to be extra vigilant, anyone who is not qualified by professional training is exposing clients to this awfull exposure, thought I would just mention this part as no-one else covered it.

I have since then been properly trained and at least once a year I do course to keep up with growing trends, .
Are there courses which can train u to keep up with trends tthat teach u more than 1 system - i use gels and want to stick with gels but trained with le chat and so only know how to use le chat... wouldnt mind updatin my knowledge with other systems etc asap

you can do conversion courses with any professional brand, but I was also meaning that your own brand also changes now and then products are alway's being upgraded or a new product will come out in the brand that you use, there is alway's something new in the nail industry:)

Are there courses which can train u to keep up with trends tthat teach u more than 1 system - i use gels and want to stick with gels but trained with le chat and so only know how to use le chat... wouldnt mind updatin my knowledge with other systems etc asap
Young Nails and their products are very good they do a trial kit for gels(comes with instructions) and have lots of videos on you tube. Check out their website x Also Akzentz seems very well thought of and of course Brisa from CND hth

Becky and Emma you two have been great!!!

How can you possible know what is a good route to take and a bad route to take when it is all new to you!

You have both taken a bit of a gentle battering (meant in a good way) and not got precious as so many have!

You have been given some very good advice on here and that won't change. Good luck with all your next steps. This forum will always be here to help and those that take their career seriously and not take the cheapskate route will always be given the help they need.

Experienced techs on here take a vast amount of pride in their craft and profession and know how long and hard it is to get anywhere. Those that seem to be trying to take the shortest route possible doesn't sit well.

I think both of you will learn a lot here and are on the right route now.

Good luck :hug: (with a lot of hard work)

Ok have just looked at the young nails site, do u have a price for the trial kit as couldnt find it either and have u used their products? r they good? Thanks

And thanks marian, i have a black eye, fat lip and dried up bloody nose now lol... BUT i have learnt a lot today and am lookin 4wd to puttin into practice tomoz for my friends wedding, i fear i might face more dilemmas tho lol as i am applying false toe nails, french tips for her and have never done this b4... have bought the tips and it seems they arent shaped for french extensions, but much rounder to fit the base of the toe (it does say on the site tho that they r easy to file off the edge to make them more suitable for french). and was suprised they dont have a well like false nails :$ Ah well, i will have to see how it goes.

Ok have just looked at the young nails site, do u have a price for the trial kit as couldnt find it either and have u used their products? r they good? Thanks

If you register on the site as a professional (doesnt cost anything) then you can see the prices for the professional products including the trial kits.

We dont publish prices on the site as its a public forum that anyone could take a nosey at.

Could u private msg me? i looked at the site but there seemed to be a cpl and couldnt work it out which one lol

Two of the best things I can recommend for starting out and gaining inspiration if you dont already have them are:

1) A subscription to Scratch magazine (monthly magazine with all things nails and fabulous in it for inspiration but also most companies have their details in there re training and products)

2) The Book, Nailclass by Gigi Rouse. Can be found here to order : Nailclass - by gigi rouse - mundo
This is a bok of Gigis tutorials and tips. Many geeks have found it helpful.

Could u private msg me? i looked at the site but there seemed to be a cpl and couldnt work it out which one lol

Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - Trial Gel Kit

This is the link to their gel trial kit that includes pink and white. You need to register and log in with the site to see the price and add to the cart etc.

I have had a few of their trial kits while playing with brands and found I got quite a few sets plus some playing out of them.

Last edited:
HELLOOOO AGAIN!! :):):green: oh.. lookout i hear you all say pmsl ! anyway .. just thought id pop back accross from the skin forum lol to let you all know, i have booked an acrylic nail course with The Cardiff School of Beauty for this monday and it cost me £300!! woo hoo so even though I have a VERY LONG way to go... its a start! xxxx im sure you will be hearing from me a bit more over here once ive done the course ! bye for now :) xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back