My New Web Site - Please take a look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there you are right Seanny yes I don't feature very much in terms of coming up when people do a search, but I've found that if you add your name to directories, and on freewebs there is something you can do to add it into search engines (don't know what it is I'm not technical) and it appears from there.

TBH I don't really want that much work so it suits me perfectly! :)

Thanks Sean for the compliment but I really wouldn't have been able to build my site without your guidance. All I did was bear in mind your advice to keep it simple and relative.

I am sure most of us geeks wouldn't have decent websites without your help and advice.

Thansk again!:hug: :hug:

Urban Geek said:
Thanks Sean for the compliment but I really wouldn't have been able to build my site without your guidance. All I did was bear in mind your advice to keep it simple and relative.

I am sure most of us geeks wouldn't have decent websites without your help and advice.

Thansk again!:hug: :hug:

I must say I have read through all the info from seanny and his previous threads and find it all very confusing for a non techno geek! In laymans terms what are the main things you did to be listed on the main search engines searches?

I am one confused geek?!?!?!?!?!?:irked:

tinkywinky said:
I've found that if you add your name to directories, and on freewebs there is something you can do to add it into search engines (don't know what it is I'm not technical) and it appears from there.

TBH I don't really want that much work so it suits me perfectly! :)

Hi Tinky, if your site has no content (and as far as the search engines are concerned, it hasnt) I'm afraid its never going to show up hun. This is not a criticism of your site, I'm just trying to point out to you and everybody else here, the problem with using Frames. I've just entered The Little Beauty Room into the simulator and it too shows it contains lots of content and links, so I'm really curious as to why yours doesnt. Did you get your domain name through Freewebs? Did they sort out how it was to be forwarded? Christine or Yvonne, any ideas here guys?

oey said:
I must say I have read through all the info from seanny and his previous threads and find it all very confusing for a non techno geek! In laymans terms what are the main things you did to be listed on the main search engines searches?

Oey, your site is already setup quite well for the search engines, but in order to advance from here, you'll need to do some tweaking with your code via the Freewebs interface. I know this probably seems like brain surgery to you, but I assure you its not. I would strongly advise you to get your own domain name in the same way that both Christine and Yvonne have done, if and when you do, get back to me and I'll help you out some.

Tinky, I would also strongly advise you to find out why your forwarding is being done the way it is, and change it asap to the way the the two girls have done it. Your site looks really good, it would be a shame if it isnt doing the business for you. By the way, this shouldnt involve you doing any more work on the site.

Latest posts

Back