my new york experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liza smith

Reaction score
hi all
sorry it's taken a few days to tell u all about it, but i've been snowed under trying to rearrange my schedule for london f/week, which changes by the hour!
then, after the excitement of new york, we are preparing to leave for milan f/week next sat!

this whole situation has left me reeling with excitement, awe, nerves, excitement, wonder &... oh excitement!!

i recieved a phone call from mrs geek on thurs 2nd sept asking me cryptically, if i was available for the whole of the following week?!?
i said that i could b, the only thing was my birthday was in that wk.
she told me that she knew that i wouldn't mind spending my birthday where i might b going?!?
she kept me on tender hooks for the whole of the afternoon.
i was in the middle of a rebalance when she phoned back...
thats when she broke the news that i was to fly to new york the following tues; stay for 1 wk, working backstage at new york fashion wk; then fly home, do london fashion/wk as usual; then....fly to milan for 5 days to work backstage at fashion wk at 2 massive shows.. MOSCHINO & CAVALLI :eek:

i've had the BEST time, among others i've met jack nicholson, lizzie jagger, sean lennon, paris hilton & some of the biggest names in the modeling world.

i've worked along side one of the greatest teams to work fashion wk.
2 of the girls, roxanne & angie have been doing this for 5 years, & work backstage at the oscars & the grammies etc.

it would take me all night to tell u everything, i'm trying to compile a diary of the whole experience, so i'll give u more details at a later date.

thank u to mrs geek & red pr for giving me this oppourtunity
liza xx

Hi Liza
All sounds fantastic. I'd like to know about the nitty gritty, do you do any enhancements or just manicure/polishing, do they put you up in fabulous hotels, are all the products provided for you, what about loo breaks LOL, are you able to speak when you meet someone like Jack Nicholson (I brushed past Cate Blanchett in Brighton earlier this year, she said sorry, I could barely squeak out a reply LOL).

Have a restful weekend.
Karen

Sounds like you had a balll and even though there was a health hick up ........
Poor you got all the details from your lovely daughter lol...........

Can't wait to catch up with you and get all the goss xxxx
Diary yea right, more like a book.............. war and peace springs to mind xxxx
Can't wait, get writing babe !!!!!

oh wow it all sounds fab, but i bet your a bit shattered, i would definatley love to see your photo albums i bet they are fab , love dee

Wow! that sound wonderful, great opportunity, ooh there is a glamourous side to nails, I am off to dream ........... :lol:

One day this might be me........

Well, I can dream can't I? Whenever anyone asks me what I want to do with my make-up training, I say casually, "Oh, Terminator 4"!:twisted:

Well what an opportunity, i would love to get that sort of chance to meet people and do their nails. Mind you i expect you don't really get a chance to chat much do you??

Coo..........how exciting is that.......glad you had a fantabulous time. I guess next time I see you I'll be in total awe of you!!!

Speak to you soon hopefully..........ps try to get some chill out time too!!

Adele xxx

Hiya Liza,

Sounds like you have had an amazing few weeks!! enjoy your wedding anniversary and have some time together, then you can get back to your hectic schedule, Im going down to London tommorrow to assist Marian on a three day shoot for Rimmel with Kate Moss and can't wait!!!! (do you think she will remember me from the black event) LOL

Hope you have a fantastic time with Marian today, i'm really gutted that i couldnt be there!!!

Amanda

Latest posts

Back