My sister had to shave her head because what a hairdresser did

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
Hi geeks, very annoyed but not as much as my sister is! (I'm not a hair geek by the way)

My sister had really dry frizzy shoulder length hair, she visited the hairdressers 2 days ago & asked for it to be cut & tidied up, she said to the hairdresser can you try make it as healthy as possible for me & recommend any products what I can use after my appointment so i can have nice hair..

so my sister sat reading a magazine in the chair & the hairdresser hacked her to death so her hair sat just above her ears ???? Honestly that is no exaggeration it was like a mans haircut. (I'm sorry I have no pictures my sister wouldn't let me take any)

My sister only realised what the hairdresser was doing when she started chopping at the sides & at this point most of her hair was on the floor so far too late to do anything about it, my sister burst into tears in a packed hairdressers & the woman who did it said my understanding was to cut all the dry damaged hair away & that is what ive done !!!

My sister said the hairdresser never spoke to her at all to tell her what she was doing throughout & my sister said she never at any point asked for it to be cut above her ears.

she told my sister to stop crying & making a scene as she was putting other clients off, she said I will give you a pot of wax to spike the hair up (errr NOT the look my sister was after by the way) then charged my sister £30 for a 're style'
are you kidding me?? & Because my sister is as soft as ****e & doesn't like having a scene made she paid & run out the shop in tears.

she went to another hairdresser yesterday who basically sat for an hour trying to work something out to do with her hair, then suggested a bandana or a wig for it as there was nothing that could be done to make it look any better.

So today she has had the lot shaved off to start again & is having to buy a wig!

I feel really sorry for her because she is very self conscious about her appearance anyway weighing 23 stone, it has made her very depressed so she used to try make her hair & make up look nice to try destract people away from her weight.

Now she's locked herself in her bedroom & my mum said she won't come out.

Were is the best place to buy a nice wig?

We're do I start by complaining to the hairdresser who did this? My sister is too embarrassed to go back so me or my mum are going to have to put in a complaint.

Thanks geeks x

That's so awful :( big hug to your sister x

I agree what happened was wrong BUT i dont understand WHY she had to shave her hair off? Surely now it will just take that bit longer to grow back to the length she wants it to be?!

Shaving it off is just a rediculous over reaction.
I agree the stylist should have consulted with what was needed to be taken off before doing it, but at the same time were not mind readers and your sister should have an idea of what she wanted to begin with and said this at the start of the service.

She will need to go into a local wig shop to see what suits her. Xoxo

This is a really tricky situation.

I can't imagine how your sister wouldn't notice such a substantial amount of hair being cut away I would be able to feel it even if I couldn't see it, would you not?

Surely she would be checking in the mirror, again I would?

The stylist definitely should have clarified before doing a drastic "re-style" and should have been chatting BUT if you have asked for a style they're not going to talk you through it, they're just going to give you what they believed you asked for.

I also don't understand why she has shaved her head? Seems rather drastic, even if she was getting a wig if her hair was as short as you say she would have been fine?

See if you can persuade her to go back to the hairdressers, you're in the beauty game like me, and I would want the chance to put it right. I also wouldn't make a refund on anything unless I spoke to the person who had had the treatment and saw for myself, now that she has shaved it there is no proof of just how short it was if the manager needed to see it.

I hope your sister finds a solution, it is truly awful when something like this happens.

How old is your sister?

Awww I feel bad for your sister :-( and hope she's ok.

The stylist must have believed that your sister wanted the damaged hair cut and then restyled, so she gave her a short haircut. By her shaving her hair, it will just take longer to grow, so I dont understand why she would shave it, but may be she thought to get rid of it all and start again so that she grows her hair healthy.

You do need to speak to the salon to give them the chance to rectify this; please tell your sister hair will grow back and when she has her new hair coming through, it will be lovely and healthy x

Latest posts

Back