My website - A minute of your time please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Hopes

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I wondered if anyone had a spare minute to look at my website? I seem to be getting alot of visits each day but only one party booking every couple of weeks, which although is good its not really compared to to the number of people actually visiting the site.

- Is there anything you can see immediately that would put you off?
- Is it well laid out and easy to understand?
- Can I improve it in any way?

Thanks so much for your help and Sorry for yet anotherrrrrrrr website post :eek:

x x x

:green: I really like it, some good ideas and a good logo, easy to navigate xx

I love looking at peoples websites lol. Looks really good, very well laid out and looks nice, not cluttered. I can't see any problems with you site and I think that getting a party booked every couple of weeks from your site alone is fab xxx

Iliked your website, nice colours and easy to navigate, not too much fanciness IYKWIM, maybe a page that had some photo's wold be good, pics of the tatoo's and nails, maybe one of the kidddies hair styles? I always like to see examples of work when I am looking on websites, your prices are very reasonable, if you were around my way I would have you earmarked for the next excuse!! x ruth

There seems to be large amount of spaces between text- meaning you have to do more scrolling than you need to. Can you not tighten it up a bit? Also- text sizes are different on each page....just would make it neater to have a more uniform look- Its easy to get text messed up with these template based sites though as the WYSIWYG editors can be a pain.

And give me a nudge and I'll send you the right size logo- its pixellated and we can get it pin-sharp if you give me the right size it specifies.

One thing that struck me right away - no pictures!! A picture can be worth a 1000 words and forgive me but I think it looks flat without any. I agree about the spacing between paragraphs esp on your pampered party section. It does take time I know but well done on having a go.:hug:

I agree with Extensionize and Essentia. It is quick and easy to navigate, but you are using up alot of space on each page with big gaps between text and images of your work would no doubt help.

When I visit a website, I like to see pics of the therapists work.

Thank you all :hug::hug::hug:

Right ok some jobs to do over christmas then! Will definately get some pics and try work out that spacing thing too, it took me ages to get it all in line, but Im sure reducing the gaps wont be too much of a problem

x x x x

I love the way you have set it out. My first thoughts (please don't take this the wrong way as i'd rather be honest) was it looks a bit plain. Not quite sure about pink, green and black writing. It was a bit off putting and also with the writing all different sizes.I just think it looks unfinished.
Personally I would make the introduction to the page bigger than the information below it.
Guest books i'm just not a fan of and never read them as I just think people have made them up.
The size of the writing on your special offers page is spot on I think.
Like I said, please don't take this the wrong way. It would be no help at all if everyone just told you it's fantastic. You have done really well though. You have the layout of it lovely. Just a few finishes touches will make it look fab xxx

I love the way you have set it out. My first thoughts (please don't take this the wrong way as i'd rather be honest) was it looks a bit plain. Not quite sure about pink, green and black writing. It was a bit off putting and also with the writing all different sizes.I just think it looks unfinished.
Personally I would make the introduction to the page bigger than the information below it.
Guest books i'm just not a fan of and never read them as I just think people have made them up.
The size of the writing on your special offers page is spot on I think.
Like I said, please don't take this the wrong way. It would be no help at all if everyone just told you it's fantastic. You have done really well though. You have the layout of it lovely. Just a few finishes touches will make it look fab xxx

No offence taken, I definately want honest feedback!

Im really pleased you have all pointed out about the writing, because on my laptop the title writing is bigger than the rest of the page, so I need to sort that out. . . hmm maybe its because I did it on a mac and sometimes the fonts are slightly different.

I agree it looks unfinished, I will set aside some hours to make it better over Christmas :) Thank you for taking the time to look !

:hug:

Hi,

I work full time as a web designer.

Firstly, well done you for having a go, there are a number of things I would change though so here is a little help.

You need to get some visuals on the website, each page should have at least 1 image on it and the home page (landing page as called in industry) should have at least 1 good size image taking up at a minimum 10% of the home page with another 2 smaller ones specifically placed with corresponding text around them.

Your logo at the top looks good, but you should stretch the black background out all the way from left to right, put the logo to the left and your telephone number to the right, at the moment no-one can get your number and they should, straight away without having to go to another page or scroll down.

The mountains of text changes it from a website to a word document so break it up, I would put some text the left, with an image to the right of it, then lower down text to the right with an image on the left of it.

Remember, people see what you do for a living in some way as being 'An Artist' so make the website reflect your talents and not just another business tool, although essentially that's what it is!

Hope this helps.

geoffb

Hi,

I work full time as a web designer.

Firstly, well done you for having a go, there are a number of things I would change though so here is a little help.

You need to get some visuals on the website, each page should have at least 1 image on it and the home page (landing page as called in industry) should have at least 1 good size image taking up at a minimum 10% of the home page with another 2 smaller ones specifically placed with corresponding text around them.

Your logo at the top looks good, but you should stretch the black background out all the way from left to right, put the logo to the left and your telephone number to the right, at the moment no-one can get your number and they should, straight away without having to go to another page or scroll down.

The mountains of text changes it from a website to a word document so break it up, I would put some text the left, with an image to the right of it, then lower down text to the right with an image on the left of it.

Remember, people see what you do for a living in some way as being 'An Artist' so make the website reflect your talents and not just another business tool, although essentially that's what it is!

Hope this helps.

geoffb

thank you Geoff ! very helpful x

Hi there, great sight but just wondering how a client would be able to get hold of you if they were not near the computer. I cannot see a contact number!!
HTH

Latest posts

Back