Nail advice for a transvestite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sf.victoria

Reaction score
Hi,

I've searched for the answers in the existing threads, but didn't find anything specific.

I'm a transvestite. I'm not full time, but like to play dress-up every once in a while. My girlfriend loves it when I have long nails on. The problem is, I'm fairly limited in my selection of nails. I'm 6'3", my hands are on the larger side, and my nails don't have much curve to them. I have a couple of full-length sets, but they don't fit as well as I would like them to.

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to make an acrylic full set that will be better tailored to my fingers. And is it even possbile to make an acrylic set that can be reused (ie, removable)?

Thanks,
Victoria

http://profiles.yahoo.com/sf.victoria

As liquid ad powder acrylic nails bond to the keratin in your nails, it would not be possible to do a proper set to be reused. Your best bet would be to find a good nail technician in your area and discuss with them what your options would be.

It may be possible to do something on to plastic that could be peeled off and stuck on as and when required. Not sure how successful it would be though.

Tricky one this...

The first thing that sprung to mind was actually lengthening your nails with the product (what we call sculpting). However this is out of the picture as you dont want long nails permanently...

There are some fabulous and talented geeks on here who I'm sure will come up with something innovative.

Goodluck...X

I have 'heard' that way back when there 'used' to be what is called 'porcelain' nails (that are NOT acrylic) that CAN be reused.

They actually ARE made of porcelaine, from a mould of the client's natural nail. They are removed in acetone. (which you could easily do at home)

Now.. the trick would be to find someone that still makes these.

I'm sorry if this hasn't been much help.. but it might give you a lead perhaps?

Good luck!

If you cant get your nails sorted then you could always get some silk gloves dear......very Marlene Dietrich.
David

Hi victoria

just a thought but one of the geeks on here is called Dilek and she goes to all the Gay and transvestite not aprties but big do's they ahve around the country. If you send her a pm she may have soem ideas for you or her friend Lorna that she works with. it may be that they may be aware of soemone who can help you.
good luck

Dee PMSl trust you!!! Like the idea though x

also paula1973 did a transvestites nails for a competition he was in. she may also be able to give you some tips

I'd suggest having them sculpted for special occasions or weekends as you'd get a perfect fit every time. It's just that you'd have to soak them off in acetone as you wouldn't ant them on permanently?

Great photo's on yahoo Victoria. Put some girlies to shame!

What eva floats ya boat i say!:D

I wonder if a re-useable set could be made using Geegs method for a 'false toenail'...
The method being: cover the natural nail with solar oil(it was the bare part where the big toenail was missing in Geegs instructions), and sculpt a set of nails. The product would'nt form a true bond, would be reuseable with nail glue once or twice, and would fit perfectly. I'm just guessing here.
Whaddya think?

sf.victoria said:
Hi,

I've searched for the answers in the existing threads, but didn't find anything specific.

I'm a transvestite. I'm not full time, but like to play dress-up every once in a while. My girlfriend loves it when I have long nails on. The problem is, I'm fairly limited in my selection of nails. I'm 6'3", my hands are on the larger side, and my nails don't have much curve to them. I have a couple of full-length sets, but they don't fit as well as I would like them to.

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to make an acrylic full set that will be better tailored to my fingers. And is it even possbile to make an acrylic set that can be reused (ie, removable)?

Thanks,
Victoria

http://profiles.yahoo.com/sf.victoria

Why not go and have a chat with a technician, ask her if she has large sized full welled tips, have her pre taylor them so that they fit your whole nail perfectly and then ask her to put a layer of acrylic over them and file them into shape. You can then use some double sided tape to adhere them to your nails for the evening and remove them as a whole when you have finished, then re-use as and when you wish.
David

RuthW said:
I wonder if a re-useable set could be made using Geegs method for a 'false toenail'...
The method being: cover the natural nail with solar oil(it was the bare part where the big toenail was missing in Geegs instructions), and sculpt a set of nails. The product would'nt form a true bond, would be reuseable with nail glue once or twice, and would fit perfectly. I'm just guessing here.
Whaddya think?

i was just reading the thread and was thinking the exact same thing.

I think it is fabulous that you are wanting to have your nails done. One of my target markets when I go mobile is going to be the TV and Gay scene - so much fun. Could I suggest having a look on ebay - not usually somewhere I would suggest to get quality products but they do sell tips on there for extra large nails, maybe just glue on some tips when needed, maybe get your partner to file them to shape and then paint over the top with a nice bold varnish. These can then be soaked off in acetone. Ok, so they wont look "perfect" but if its the effect and the "scratch" you want im sure these would be great for a couple of hours... and if you live in the Birmingham Area once I qualify id happily do your nails for you :) :wink2:

Ok, so ive given propper rubbish advice here -but i tend to speak from the heart and its just a little idea !

Good luck ! L

hi (part time) girlie!

I was going to say, theres a profesional make-up shop called charles fox's in covent garden(london) which actually did classes for transvestites doing make-up and nails, my tutor used to run it, she must have come across the same problem at some point,so they might have had a product to suit.
Maybe you could try somewhere like that where you live??

if not, i'm with the others, go see a technician and they could come up with something just for you!!

xx

Huge thanks for everyone's advice! Plenty of ideas here for me to explore.

Great forum!

Thanks again,
Victoria

Jaydee said:
Why not go and have a chat with a technician, ask her if she has large sized full welled tips, have her pre taylor them so that they fit your whole nail perfectly and then ask her to put a layer of acrylic over them and file them into shape. You can then use some double sided tape to adhere them to your nails for the evening and remove them as a whole when you have finished, then re-use as and when you wish.
David

That's an idea..

Here in Montreal, pharmacies sell nail kits that have a special double sided sticky tape. I 'believe' they also sell refills of this tape as well. I'll go have a look when I'm out shopping this weekend. PM to remind me if you're interested.

sf.victoria said:
Huge thanks for everyone's advice! Plenty of ideas here for me to explore.

Great forum!

Thanks again,
Victoria

Do let us know what you decide to do in the end - we can all learn from the experience. Whenever you get them done, post us a picture too. xx

Latest posts

Back