Nail art over gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really interested in this too!! Been trying to find the best way to do it for ages!!! You're right, gel polish just doesn't seem thick enough to do any designs in!! I've just bought my first stamping kit from MoYou London (yet to arrive) but I was wondering, do you stamp after you apply the top coat and wipe, then apply another top coat...or stamp after the colour and before you apply the top coat?!xx
I have better results when I use gel paints for my nail art. It's more pigmented than gel polish. I also have noticed that if I put a coat of gel top coat over my gel polish base color, and then use my striper tape when creating french tips or any line work that requires tape or stickers, if I put it on top of the top coat, the lines i create are much crisper and don't smear!!

Depends on the gel polish that you use. Most are not pigmented enough. This was painted using IKON.IQ PRIMA gel polish :cool:

Stella - Daisy Duck_crop.jpg

Latest posts

Back