Nail art party for my little sis...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

My little sis turns 9 on Fri & as a treat ive voluntered a nail art party for her & 4 of her friends. I regulary do nail art on my sis, but have never done it on any other children.

Am thinking of doing a mini manicure, as i know from experience with my sis her cuticles get in a right state. Then i am going to do about 5 different designs on some tips so the girls can pick themselves.

Any tips, advice,help pleaseeeeeeee!

Seems like you have it sorted hun

I've done a few in the past and that exactly what I did and they loved it.

stripes, flowers, hearts etc they like those oh and glitter

Thanks hon, i hope ive covered everything! My little sis is so excited & i dont want to let her down!

I'm sure you'll be fine, don't for get to let us know how it went :D

Just remember to get parental consent from the little darlings parents, you just never know if anything goes wrong!!
I would also leave little cuticles alone, very soft and delicate!!
Keep doing your sisters but I would leave it out for the others.
Do a mini mani on em and get arty gal!!!

Personally, I agree with Wobbly on the cuticles...I wouldnt touch them as it may encourage them to start probing and prodding themselves afterwards.
I think a file, 'squeak' on the plate with Scrubfresh (usually have oily plates) and simple art, glitter, stones, stickers ....maybe finish off with a hand-cream of their choice if you have different scents.
Good luck!

Im with the others on this, dont do any cutcile work, what may be gentle to us will not be gentle to them adn damage can be caused while their nail plates are still tender and unspoilt.

i normally do for kids parties i give them some tips to make thier own designs, while they are playing i take each one and paint their nails then let them eat then get them painting each others toes and i put a design on big toes while they stick gemstones on the others themselves.
hope this gives you some ideas
x

it also helps if you do them in a kind of rotation depending on how many they are, do the colour on all of them first, then do all the nail art then all the top coat as it gives them all time to dry in between and use a quick dry spray if poss. good luck the little darlings will wear you out, so have a large wine ready for when your done:D

jac extreme said:
it also helps if you do them in a kind of rotation depending on how many they are, do the colour on all of them first, then do all the nail art then all the top coat as it gives them all time to dry in between and use a quick dry spray if poss. good luck the little darlings will wear you out, so have a large wine ready for when your done:D

Yep that is a good tip and one I forgot

Just to let you all know, the party was fab &all the little madams where happy!!!

It was however absoulte chaos! Five 9 ear olds running round a bedroom (as they where having a sleep over!), however they all waited there turn & sat really sit (seeing as they where pumped full of sugar & e numbers!!!)

And as i was going my little sis turned round gave me a great big hug & said thanks your the best sister ever. So thatmade everything worth while!

Aw bless the little ladies.....I think I'm gonna do a party like this for Laura when she's a bit older....the little girls that come into the salon love to stand by my desk and watch what I'm doing....I had some nail tips that I had done as demos for Christmas and I blu-tac'd them to one regular lady's little girl's nails, she was in 7th heaven!!

Hi there!!!

I regularly 'host' nail art parties for little girls up to teenage age (and no surprise the tiny ones are always nicer!!No attitude problems...) so don't be surprised that if one wants daisies, they all want them!! Get yourself some tiny nail art stickers, they tend to be popular as well. And for some reason I get more uptight about little critters than I do about grown-ups, especially when I have 20 running around my nail studio, ieks!

Have fun,

Christel

Just read Cathy's comments, it does seem to work wonders for new business if you're very nice to someone's daughter when they tag along with Mum!!!!
Thankfully I'm a big kid myself and I have no hassle getting on with them and it does pay of to apply some nail art to them as well. Lots of clients out there haven't even considered 'kiddie parties' untill you 'casually' introduce them (subtle, hey?)

Christel

Woops, sorry: Cathie....

Pm cath p because she has done a party for some kids and ive seen her nail art and its realy good and adventuris

Latest posts

Back