Nail art shapes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penelope

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know where I can get some shapes like the ones shown at www.coconail.co.kr ?

I think they are made from shells not plastic?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Penny

Hi Penny,

Sorry I haven't a clue where you can get these from......but I have just had a look at the site. :green: All I can say is that my jaw is still on the floor!!!! Some of the nail art is fantastic and there are some great 'show and tell' examples if anyone is interested (For the Nailympics).

a lot of the shapes are mother of pearl they are really tiny, i dont think anyone has bought them into the country yet.

Im actually in the middle of negotiating with this product ... quite hard when you dont speak Korean...
Think this is what penelope is after...

Attachments

• Picture 215.jpg
    Picture 215.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 185
Glorsclaws said:
Im actually in the middle of negotiating with this product ... quite hard when you dont speak Korean...
Think this is what penelope is after...
they are lovely i would buy them from you glorsclaws so delicate

I found a place in Korea that sold them but wanted you to buy 2000 packs minimum of the same shape so gave up on that idea!

With them being mother of pearl, won't they be difficult to use, or do they have some flexibility to them. They look lovely but the pics I was looking at seemed to be using them in the form of 3D nail art and not laying flat on the nail - they wouldn't last 5 minutes on a client. Maybe the smaller pieces will lay flat, but the bird shapes look like they wont.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question.

Glo those mother of pearl shapes are exactly what I want, if you do get some post a message here and let us know. I am particularly interested in the small flowers and leaves.

As for how to use them they are very small and can be embedded in acrylic or gel just like the mylar shapes.

Penny

i get things from japan, not these, but same sort of things from a friend in japan. she just sends em. so the best bet is to have a friend there that can hook u up. lol. ahh well

you can get the mother of pearl shapes from "at your fingertips" she sells a lot of them, they are not easy to apply they break very easy, if any one has an idea on how to apply them please tell

I noticed that K-Sa-Ra sell them, beautifuk designs. I wondered how easy they were as I guessed they would be quite brittle as they look thin. I would be interested to hear from someone who uses them before I splash out.

We have just added a lot more new shapes to the website. Stars and hearts are going well. Its not the mother of pearls ones but our ones are tiny and are very popular for tiny kids nails!

NSI do some mother of pearl ones, i have little hearts from them and they do flowers and other shapes as well. Other colours as well
x

http://www.atyourfingertips.org.uk/ does them, and sue is getting more in all the time. I find the best way to apply is to encase them in acrylic! saves them fallling off or chipping

Good luck hun.

XXX

Latest posts

Back