Nail art water transfers and Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtsal

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone tried using nail art water transfers or nail art stickers with gelish? do you put it on the last cured colour layer then top it off, or cure the top it off and put transfer or sticker on that and follow with a second top it off?

i did this thread months back, i got only 1 or 2 answers. The set i did on a lady, one peeled off, which was under top coat! My advice was i didnt get it 100% dry, so make sure you do. Waft it with paper for a while before top coat applied.

Put on last cured layer before top coat x

It should definately hold it, mine held rhinestones for 2 weeks. Top coat is strong x

Thanks for answering, can you both clarify, do you

foundation, cure, dry wipe, colour, cure, colour, cure, TIO, cleanse, water transfer - let dry or sticker, stones etc, TIO, cleanse.

OR

foundation, cure, dry wipe, colour, cure, colour, cure, transfer - let dry or sticker, stones etc, TIO, cleanse.

I did this today with opi gelcolour and there fine :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343756882.585850.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343756882.585850.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 4,981
Where did u get transfer? Lovely

Ive not used water decals before so i just got a couple from ebay to play with and this was one of them.. They worked great though.. :) i wouldnt normally use ebay but i dont have a lot of clients interested in nail art so for playing about on myself ebay is fab for these kinda things :)

I tried this flowers a week ago they still firmly in place, I applied second coat of gelish placed flower cured tio the cure xxxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343771684.166939.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343771684.166939.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 5,025
I tried this flowers a week ago they still firmly in place, I applied second coat of gelish placed flower cured tio the cure xxxx

Those flowers are gorgeous! Are they transfers or fimo slices?

Lovely pictures girls! I've got some water transfers on ebay too and there's a great site 'Nail Delights' they have some nice flowers and a section of stickers. I wonder would they work sandwiched between TIO cured and cleansed and TIO over the top?? does the sticky colour coat not make it harder to dry the transfers?

Those flowers are gorgeous! Are they transfers or fimo slices?

There transfers called Cina Nail Art Petal Pusher.
I bought them from salon services. X

no just put them on the last layer of colour and then top coat. |I cant use two layers of my top coat as one would peel, but theres no need to anyway. Any more pics|???

I bought some off ebay theyre nice but i can only use on french as they are quite transparent. Who is the ebay seller you use? lady who posted the 1st pic? ive searched for days unsucessfully ;(

Lovely pictures girls! I've got some water transfers on ebay too and there's a great site 'Nail Delights' they have some nice flowers and a section of stickers. I wonder would they work sandwiched between TIO cured and cleansed and TIO over the top?? does the sticky colour coat not make it harder to dry the transfers?

good last question there.......i dont think it does tho? i cant see y? xx

I normally do it after TIO, then add another layer of TIO, it lasts until removal, no problems.

I was thinking the sticky layer of the colour coat might keep moisture in the water transfer and so it would be more likely to bubble up under the cured top coat. Well had a go putting 'music notes' onto a gelish french, I completed the full french, cured and cleansed the top coat and then soaked the transfer, blotted it and put it onto the tips of the nails, let it dry and then a second top it off coat and cured. Transfer was nice and flat no lifting :)

I only use one coat of tio and mine still firmly in place two weeks later xxx

Slightly different as I use Shellac, but I find that when using water transfers, I follow it to the letter and sometimes, more often than not, they either fade or they 'catch' in some way and tear off. They rarely last two weeks :(

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek

Hi.. Ive just done some movember gelish nails, using water decals.. A couple have started to peel.. Can someone help me.. My procedure was basecoat, cure, dry wipe, colour, cured, colour, cured, tio, cured, wiped, buffed, applied decal & tio, cured, tio, cured, Wiped... They look amazingso I really need to perfect this :) x

This is a water transfer I did with gelish

application I did:
foundation, cure, dry wipe, colour, cure, colour, cure water transfer let air dry,top it off cure and cleanse.

I did this on my friends when I was training and she got 3 weeks and it was still as good as the day it was put on:) . HTH xx

Attachments

• IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 229
Thank you.. Think I didn't dry it properly!

Latest posts

Back