Nail Art with dried leaves on natural nails...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitochka

Reaction score
oki, i know, the Brave day was quite long ago, but i post this pices only now...:o

..so, here is my first ever play with dried leaves on natural nails...
can say it feels...aeeeemmm..strange ...& doesn't matter 3 coats of "top coat" leaves stilll try to scramble to everything..& the top of the nail is very "uneven"...

but in general "I've tried" :wink2: & that is so interesting, only because of that i'm already prity confident & pleased with the result so will LOVE to hear any coments & will be grateful for all fair judgements!!!

..& as always So SORRY for really pure photoquality, still don't have proper camera...:confused:

18-2.jpg

18-1.jpg

18.jpg

18-3.jpg

Very different and a great first attempt! WELL DONE!

I think the idea behind these is fantastic!
I like the thread that just randomly cuts across the nails here and there.
I like the colours you used.

Yup

I like'em:green:

I love them, they are fantastic:hug:

Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!!!

...i know these nails are far not perfect & the design is freak, but i still like the fact of the experience i've got...

Thank U Victoria for all the useful advices about dried flowers & leaves, once again!!!

& thank You Girls for all the replies!!!

:hug:

Well done for posting, I haven't tried leaves yet! I think I'm going to have a go at that!

Teri x

Well done hun they look nice, i tried to inlay leaves in L&P but they wouldnt play, didnt lay flat and kept sticking up out of the L&P if that makes any sense so i gave it up as a bad job :hug:

Well done hun they look nice, i tried to inlay leaves in L&P but they wouldnt play, didnt lay flat and kept sticking up out of the L&P if that makes any sense so i gave it up as a bad job :hug:

As i'm thinking of having a go at this, would it work if your pressed them first?

Ignore my last post, if you pressed them they would be really flat and stiff!

ok...sorry but i think i am missing something here...where are the leaves...?...i cant see any leaves...(they are nice and colourful though..lol)

The leaves are the yellow parts :hug:

... i tried to inlay leaves in L&P but they wouldnt play, didnt lay flat and kept sticking up out of the L&P if that makes any sense so i gave it up as a bad job :hug:

Yeah, they did not lay flat in my case either, they feel "rough" touching & U can feel all the pattern of them...if that makes sense...
...thats why i thought if the design is ruined & unsucceeded already, why not to try smth even more funny...& stuck some red thread all other the nails...just for fun...& U see what 's came out...:D :o

ok...sorry but i think i am missing something here...where are the leaves...?...i cant see any leaves...

i know they don't look as they should or as we used to see in different art designs on the nails...but yes, the leaves are that odd yellow areas between the red lines...:wink2:...think You are deffenately not the only one who can't see them...i wouldn't recognise that was leaves even by miself lol :o :lol:

:hug:

Are they dried leaves? Or "fresh" from the plant?
although dried/pressed leaves/flowers are best, they don't "usually" work on natural nails and must be embedded in gel or L&P.
HOWEVER, Nailite has some ultra tiny ones that are great. The tinier, the better I find.

Also, with fresh, you want to avoid that.
You'll wind up with pocket lift from the moisture contained within the un-dried leaf/flower.

I think you did a GREAT first attempt! I doubt that any of us master anything the first time we try it. :wink2:

You're most welcome for the help
:Love: :Love: :Love:

Are they dried leaves? Or "fresh" from the plant?
although dried/pressed leaves/flowers are best, they don't "usually" work on natural nails and must be embedded in gel or L&P.
HOWEVER, Nailite has some ultra tiny ones that are great. The tinier, the better I find.

Also, with fresh, you want to avoid that.
You'll wind up with pocket lift from the moisture contained within the un-dried leaf/flower.

I think you did a GREAT first attempt! I doubt that any of us master anything the first time we try it. :wink2:

You're most welcome for the help
:Love: :Love: :Love:

Yeah, they are dried & pressed leaves...well...the best i could find in here (i mean Lithuania)..Think one day i will become brave enough to start already buying things by the internet, like most clever people do...

& can't wait taking nail-tech classes, wanna be able to do gels & acrilics....ooh sounds like a dream:)..thats then i'll have real fun playing with nails...& then i'll deffenately try smth nicer with dried flowers:)...but so far only natural nails is my "end border"...;)

:hug: :Love: :hug:

Latest posts

Back