Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
I don't do any nail art at all apart from putting on some gems and a bit of glitter.I have had a few people ask if i could do some.Im in no way artistic and don't much like it so wouldn't want to do much.
Have most of you done a course if you do it or have you just practised from books etc.Is it easy to learn on your own.What sort of things are the easiest to do.Thanks.

i enjoy doing nail art coz i like to PLAY! It's not always for everyone though.
Some ideas i make up by experimenting and others i look in the nail magazines and on here. Have a look at the critiques corner and you will find some amazing art that these geeks have done. If you don't feel confident to try your own ideas out why not try a day course at a cash & carry for about £60?

xxxx

I have taught myself really and looked at some tutorials. I'm no picasso at the mo! lol x

I find flicks are really popular (it's all in the wrist :wink2: ), you can add flicks anywhere. If you go to a craft shop you can get yourself some waterbased acrylic paints and brushes quite reasonably priced!

HTH Teri x:hug:

vtct does a nail art course part time over like 15 weeks or so. thats the one i start next week. It offers a real qualification at the end and doesnt cost too much and the best its only once a week for 3.5 hours.

Your local college may well offer it, for me i jumped at it before even the nail extensions because it was the first nail art course run in the county colleges in 7 years so i figured it was a worthwhile thing to get now.

hi all
i love doing nail art:) i have done the nail art course it is will worth doing it, its giving me lots of ideas. :hug:

xxxx

U can marbly two or three or how many u want colors with thousand ways:hug:

Attachments

• tex.jpg
    tex.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 126
I have taught myself really and looked at some tutorials. I'm no picasso at the mo! lol x

I find flicks are really popular (it's all in the wrist :wink2: ), you can add flicks anywhere. If you go to a craft shop you can get yourself some waterbased acrylic paints and brushes quite reasonably priced!

HTH Teri x:hug:
Never thought of this my son has loads of paints and brushes for doing his warhammer models.

U can marbly two or three or how many u want colors with thousand ways:hug:

Dessi could you please explain these pictures in a little more detail on how you would use them for your nail art.

Thanks

Ok:
1. Polish the nail
2. Dont wait to dry and immediately put drops of second color(u can use how many colors u want)
3. Take needle and mix the colors in the way the pic shows

For exmpl, lets take the second pic, cuz is more eazy, polish the nail with blue and immediately put black drops, directly take needle and make the same move how the arrows in the pic show.

Sorry i am not that good with description:irked:, if you still dont understand something just tell me:hug:

That's a cool idea..........never thought of doing it like that!
Thanks you gave me some ideas there!!:)

I think the one before last become buterfly

Ok:
1. Polish the nail
2. Dont wait to dry and immediately put drops of second color(u can use how many colors u want)
3. Take needle and mix the colors in the way the pic shows

For exmpl, lets take the second pic, cuz is more eazy, polish the nail with blue and immediately put black drops, directly take needle and make the same move how the arrows in the pic show.

Sorry i am not that good with description:irked:, if you still dont understand something just tell me:hug:
so just with polish.i'll have a go at that tomorrow gillx

I'm soley self taught as the college near me used nail art pens which i thought was a bit of a cheat. I played around with brushes and paints, until i settled on waterbased acrylic paint and super stripper brush. I've since added to my brush collection which is huge!! I've found that i've learnt more on this site on any nail matters than i ever did at college or working in a salon for years to be honest x :green:

Yes hun only with polish. Here doesnt show how to make flower with same way but i'll try to explain u. Put 5 drops in cyrcle. put the needle of the inside wall of the drop and move it outside, make same with all drops and u will see the result alone. I usually collect photoes from net, will attach one photo but unfortunately dont know by who is maden:irked: , all the nails here are with same technic.

Attachments

• DSC0000112.jpg
    DSC0000112.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 91
Wow just saw DESSI'S thumbnail pic's i'm going to try them out tomorrow as well. See i told you i learn more here than anywhere else! x :green:

I'm soley self taught as the college near me used nail art pens which i thought was a bit of a cheat. I played around with brushes and paints, until i settled on waterbased acrylic paint and super stripper brush. I've since added to my brush collection which is huge!! I've found that i've learnt more on this site on any nail matters than i ever did at college or working in a salon for years to be honest x :green:

Well hun i disagree with you here,i dont think the nail art pens are kind of cheating, it is just part of the marbelyzing technic with beautifull results and is very helpfull for people who cannot paint:hug:

Yes hun only with polish. Here doesnt show how to make flower with same way but i'll try to explain u. Put 5 drops in cyrcle. put the needle of the inside wall of the drop and move it outside, make same with all drops and u will see the result alone. I usually collect photoes from net, will attach one photo but unfortunately dont know by who is maden:irked: , all the nails here is with same technic.
Amazing !

I agree with you now Dessi about nail art pens not being cheating, but at the time i did. The ironic thing is i now think using those nail art pens to be a talent in itself as i for one can not use them and i have tried!!! They just dont work with me x

Thanks for the design layouts Dessi! I've tried one of these types before, the instruction for it cam with one of those nail art pens! I can't wait to try these new ones!

Cool designs Dessi, I'll give these a go:)

Latest posts

Back