Nail biter, rebalance, & soak offs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickieC

Reaction score
Hiya,
After finishing all my training finishing my website and advertising, i am getting quite a few clients! But just a little stuck on a few things..

I am mobile and had a client yesterday who said she had short and stumpy nails, when i got there she was a reeeally bad nail biter. She had been to inc. nails in her local debenhams who refused to do them for her. I tried my best and actually think i did a pretty good job :lol: She said she was going on holiday for 2 weeks, and she cant help picking at them so at the rebalance she will prob have a few missing!
So do i charge her extra for every nail missing? As i know its not going to be anything i did wrong? i dont want to end up having to put nearly a whole new set on her. Do you think i should state something like this on my website?

And then i had a email this morning from someone else wanting a soak off and a new set of L+P enhancements.
im wanting to ask if they know what brand of acrylics was used? As i dont want to be soaking off for hours and i know a lot of people go to these 'usa nails' places! So what if they dont know what is used? do i just risk it? If you get there and find it is something like MMA Do you tell them your going to charge extra?

Thats it for now lol... thanks in advance for helping me iron out my starting out problems!! :hug: x

this is my website if anyone wants to give me any improvement tips :) http://www.victoriasbeautycreations.com

Last edited:
Web-site looks fab, up dating mine tonight.

Hiya hun.

I can't help with your questions but i had a brief look at your site - it's lovely.

I just went onto the manicure page and spotted a couple of things...

Santise hands
Cuticle work File- File should have it's own bullet point
Shape
Buff basecoat/polish/top coat & soloar oil - Solar Oil is spelt wrong and should be capitals as it's a brand name. :hug:

I don't normally do this, but as you asked and it's such a lovely site x

I usually do one free nail with infills but after that you need to charge because it's extra time and products.

If the client doesn't know what products were used, as they probably won't, you could just ask where they had them done. I think you will probably be able to tell if they are from USA Nails or the Hollywood Nails. I would charge an extra couple of pounds if so as they can take much longer to come off.

Your website looks great. I did notice a typo under the enhancements section which you will probably want to change. Otherwise looks great xx

Lovely site :hug:

On the subject of charging more if it turns out to be MMA, personally I wouldn't but just take the opportunity to educate your client, do a fab set of nails for her and she will love you forever and her return custom will be reward enough. x

Thanks for the typo's! I must have been writing some of this very late at night, just looked at my enhancements page... what the hell is 'introductionary' offers haha I will also change the few things on my manicure page, well and all my others now lol!

I will ask where they went and take it from there... i dont want to be spending 3 hours just soaking them off..well at least i will have plenty of time to inform them about those type of salons!

I advise that I will replace 2 free, then they are £3 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

i do the same! 2 free nail replacements then £3 after that!

on my price list i have a astrist * next to rebalance and at the bottom is 2 nail repairs included in rebalance
x

Latest posts

Back