Nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeautiful

Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking at people's profiles and I noticed that they have been on differnt nail courses. I was just wondering why people do different courses is it because each course trains in different ways or the individual wants to have different certificates.

Do you mean when people have trained with one company and have then done a conversion?

yeah that's what I mean. I tend to stick to one trainer and I think that I am missing out by not venturing to other trainers

although i'm re-training in nail enhancement systems. i was told that the conversions courses(once qualified & insured) are a favorite when it comes to trying out new brands such as CND,Ezflow,Mercia .gel\acrylic and some of the new "hybrid" ones that is coming into the suppliers ..they may have different techniques on application ect...ect..& there isn't much difference in how they are done just the hands on tutuation & expertise of applying their products safely & correctly with the help\guidance of one of their tutors..hope i have worded this the way i meant to say.

when it comes to trying out new brands such as CND,Ezflow,Mercia .gelacrylic and some of the new "hybrid" ones that is coming into the suppliers ..they may have different techniques on application ect...ect..& there isn't much difference in how they are done just the hands on tutuation & expertise of applying their products safely & correctly with the helpguidance of one of their tutors..hope i have worded this the way i meant to say.

As it says on the tin lol...I trained with EN and I did use dream gel for a while but I use NSI and Le chat now ..Im going on a conversion course in August with NSI, that way you get all the benefits of the product and the advisors..hth..x

Last edited by a moderator:
I have trained with Creative, NSI and Ezflow.
I did my initial training with creative and i can not fault it and i will continue to train with them, the reason why i trained with the other two was because i heard different things about them and i wanted to see for myself,
guess you could call me nosey lol but it helps to understand different companies, their methods and products and the differences between them all hth
variety is the spice of life :lol:

Thanks loubyloo your information is valued. Now I understand why people train with different companies, do you think the prices are competitive :green:

how much about is it for a conversion course? I trained with united beauty (star nails) but not happy with their products I am wanting to do a conversion course, probably with creative.

imho i find the prices for the conversion courses vey reasonable ive looked at many & choose CND & Ezflow because their products are very good,blending techiques ,colours,..ect..ect.. yep variety is the spice of life lots to choose from not forgetting the valued training techniques from the tutors concerned at end of training nothing beats coming away with a happy smile on your face with a certificate & acheivement and a whole lot of brand new products to get started with.

Thanks loubyloo your information is valued. Now I understand why people train with different companies, do you think the prices are competitive :green:
usually the prices are all about the same with the good companies, there are some cheap courses around but i wouldn't bother with these as it is true, you do get what you pay for,
rebelrebel if you want prices for creative training hun give them a call on 0845 210 6060 and they will send you a training booklet out hth

Thanks janey for your advice it sounds like I am really missing out and really you can't go wrong with doing different courses your can only benefit and move forward :)

Thank you loubylou for the number I will call them and give you some feedback and you are right, you get what you pay for and to maintain the professional image it is important to go for the best.

thanks suzie49 that information was very helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
You will find that many companies will be happy to send you a sample of their products for you to try.... there are so many companies out there, each with something different to offer their techs.

Looking through trade magazines (Scratch / NailPro..) is a good way to get a feel for what a company is all about....

For example, some companies are better known for the artistic side of the nail industry (eg. EZFlow, LeChat, Magnetic, Young Nails...) - and this draws in the techs who have a passion for arty nails.
Other companies like to concentrate on the more traditional side of the industry such as CND, Cuccio, Entity..

I am not saying that CND only do P&W and EZFlow only do art - EZFlow do a killer P&W and I love the hand painted designs in the CND adverts.... What I am saying is that each company has it's own style - you will see what I mean! :lol:

It will be usefull for you to trial different brands before committing, as they are all pretty different.... and have a good chat with the staff, get a feel for the people - they can make a big difference to how well you do with your chosen product.

I think it is very important to get the right balance - a product that you enjoy working with, coupled with a company that you enjoy working with.... Have fun!!

thank you Laurie for your advice I found it really useful because I guess I am quite fussy with who I choose to train with and with all the advise that I have been given it appears to me that if people are giving good recommendations about a particular company then they have to be right so I will contact them all (coz i'm greedy lol) and I will let you know which ones I felt more comfortable with. :)

I trained with Magnetic, simply because this was the most professional company in my area without having to travel miles and miles.

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and had full intentions to go back and do L&P and nail art, but unfortunately circumstances didn't allow so I had to find somewhere else to do my L&P, hence Tammy Taylor products.

Being new, I have no real preference in products so getting the chance to try something else was great. Seeing how someone else trains gives you more knowledge. I can compare the two trainers and how they work without them actually being aware.

I fully intend to train with more companies simply to try different products and gain as much variety as I can in order to settle into a system that suits both myself and my clients.

As for prices, I found they were both much the same.

hth :green:

Latest posts

Back