Nail enamel thinner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkies101

Reaction score
Hi all, just wonderinig if anyone has any ideas on how to thin out enamels?
I know you arent meant to use nail varnish remover as its over exposure to the nail, but wondered if anyone knew of any other products?

Thanks xx

hi i use nail poilsh thinner.i buy it from my local sallys as i think its a star nails product.i use it for my glitter stripers as they go relly thick,it works great.ive actually just bought some more.its not expensive either.hths

i dont use white polish at all for this reason.i use brush on french white gel by nsi.its the same idea as white nail polish its just in gel.drys quicker,easy to apply,a great item imo.hths.xx

Well I use CND...and you most definitely don't need thinner...even in the Spanish heat they are as good as the day they were opened...

I apply Stickey first...and a top coat after and have no problems whatsoever...it lasts far longer than I want it to....:lol:

I use Essie varnishes and have never had to use thinner either.

I use OPI and have never had to thin as yet! Bxxx

I think I've been told a while ago that ...........CND White enamel contains titanium, which unfotunately makes it go thicker quicker than other darker colours in the range (which I've never had a problem with).
Feel free to correct me - I might have dreamt that !!!!!!!!!!!:irked:

Salon Systems do one too - got it from Capital i think, but Salons Direct & Beauty Express both stock it too (if you ever order from them) xx

i dont use white polish at all for this reason.i use brush on french white gel by nsi.its the same idea as white nail polish its just in gel.drys quicker,easy to apply,a great item imo.hths.xx

Thats interesting Tracey Louise, do you do a gel NNO for all your French manis then or do you only use the brush on white gel and polish for the rest of the service?

Thats interesting Tracey Louise, do you do a gel NNO for all your French manis then or do you only use the brush on white gel and polish for the rest of the service?

I would love to know this too!

did not know how to quote so cut it!!

I think I've been told a while ago that ...........CND White enamel contains titanium, which unfotunately makes it go thicker quicker than other darker colours in the range (which I've never had a problem with).

I was once told that Cnd white thickens due to the high level of pigments ( all whites need ) and to thin the Cnd white to add a little stickey, never tried it so don't know?

The mysterious thickening white is actually very easily solved.

Most white enamels will thicken faster than other colours because techs work much slower with whites (painting smile lines) so they are left open for a hell of a lot longer thus letting more solvents out which equals thickening :)

hi,i use whatever my clients want me to use but most of my clients prefer it done this way because it dries alot quicker than white nail polish.i hate using white nail polish as im never happy with the result.this is just my way of doing it as i feel more comfortable this way.xx

hi,i use whatever my clients want me to use but most of my clients prefer it done this way because it dries alot quicker than white nail polish.i hate using white nail polish as im never happy with the result.this is just my way of doing it as i feel more comfortable this way.xx

So does that mean you would then do a gel overlay if that client wanted a french polish and was happy for you to do it that way or do you just use the paint on white gel with polish over/under it?

I use china glaze and a few OPI and have not had to thin them

I am now scared of polish thinner, i have seen what it can do if you use to much!

Latest posts

Back