Nail extensions £15 :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a newbie also...just done 4 months of college and i am still not confident with acrylics....gel not so bad but i am forever learning ...i won't charge ppl for services i am not confident in...I just practise.

Now ...Gelish ..Man / Pedi/ I feel i have bags of confidence so that's what i offer right now....I want to build on a client base that does care about thier Nails since i use CND acrylic and Brisa Gel ...I'm not gonna give away my services...We professionals beleive in our products and ourselves enough to stand our ground and charge accordingly !

I beleive in educating clients on the products I use is essential for repeat biz and for me clients build that trust ....I mean if you go into those cheap salons ....they never tell you about the products ! they only quote the price which yes is tempting for a lot of ppl but they don't know anything about the products because....those cheap places DO NOT USE the Real Deal...I know because before i got into nails i went and had my nails done the lady told me i got Shellac ...i believed her....i went to get removed from another salon only to find out it was not shellac it was some other product that had to be filed off...My point is ....What i know now is invaluable.... ppl wil stick with you if your true to your word and provide a service that is trustworthy...let clients know all you can about the products u use and trust...they for sure will gain trust in you ! and come back for more.

Don't cut the prices too low ....otherwise it will only gain you the wrong client base.

Real Pro's are worth it ! :)

Michelle :)

I'm training with nail harmony at the moment and funnily today I have been looking at my prices and overheads and to make sure I cover costs for all aspects of materials etc I.e all products, sanitation and hygiene, and fuel and am baffled by how anyone can offer to do nails for less then £15, and the £10 nails! Geeez!!

I worked out that my overheads for gels and acrylic range between £4.50-£8 per set so i have to charge more then this to make a profit and £2 profit for charging £10 is crazy which clearly means something's being missed out hygiene? Or even using cheap products?

In all honesty I plan to charge £15 whilst I'm training, im goin to give it another 3 weeks then start charging general public my training fee im only charging friends and family at the mo, then put them up to their proper prices after ive qualified. If u sell yourself too short to begin with and then bunk ur prices up by quite a lot or what the client see to be quite a lot I think u risk to lose more clients. U can't seriously expect to make a proper living from doing nails so cheaply? I know we're training but surely we shouldn't sell ourselves that short the clients aren't just paying for the products we use but our skill and time granted it mite not be the best of skills at the moment, but there's more there then the general public and the girl with her Argos home kit handing out gels like penny sweets.

This is my opinion and I know not everyone will agree x

Thanks for replies guys!

Lynsey pinsy & Lunarstorm I totally agree I think the cheaper the price the more people want for their money!

The amount of clients ive had come to me and said "ive never had my cuticles done before" makes me angry I always educate clients the best I can to make them understand why there are differences in prices.

I have had a goosey at the techs advertising these prices and almost all the pics are the classic big white "chav" spade nails lol but hey everyone has different taste i suppose.

Im going to stick with my prices to not look too cheap nor over priced but give a fair, safe, clean and professional service and produce work that im 100% confident and happy with.

:lol::lol::lol:

Good for you girl! :wink2:

Great thread :hug:

Hiya I charge £37 full set £27 infills(silk)in all my 13yrs experience I've never done offers or discounts on extensions,n never will don't put yourself down work will turn up...it always does we are all in a bad place at mi with recession!!!we good UBS need to stick together n keep out prices strong most of those Cherokee end techs arnt even insured!!!id rather have price of mind...xxx

With your prices, you could discount for example discount 20% off £25 so it will be £20 for a set on special offer. This way clients think they're getting a bargain. Once you have built up custom and shown what good quality your nails are you can increase the price back up to normal :)

Latest posts

Back