Nail file/drill course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsallnewtome

Reaction score
I have put of using the electric file / drill because I have been nervous of using one but I am getting really busy now and need to speed up on my rebalances. I just wondered if anybody could recommend a good electric file to use - there are loads on sale some cheap (not always the best option) some v.expensive (not always worth the money!). I also need some training. And does anybody know if you are covered under insuranced to use the files. Thanks for any info you can give me. :smack:

I have put of using the electric file / drill because I have been nervous of using one but I am getting really busy now and need to speed up on my rebalances. I just wondered if anybody could recommend a good electric file to use - there are loads on sale some cheap (not always the best option) some v.expensive (not always worth the money!). I also need some training. And does anybody know if you are covered under insuranced to use the files. Thanks for any info you can give me. :smack:

NSI run a reputable course and sell a reputable drill. NEVER buy cheap in the case of drills ... it is always worth the money.

In the case of e-files, cheap is definitely not the quality you want and the most expensive doesn't always mean it is the best. IMO an e-file that has at least 30,000 rpm's will have the power you need so that when you are taking down thickness the bit won't slow down or stop and if you need to slow the speed down there won't be as much vibration. Another important thing to consider when buying an e-file is how it feels in your hand. Is it heavy or light weight? Is it comfortable to grip or too small to hold on to? Is the cord pulling on the handpiece? Remember you will be using this tool a lot, so comfort for you is just as important.

Along with education on how to use an e-file, another way to learn is using it on yourself.

NSI run a reputable course and sell a reputable drill. NEVER buy cheap in the case of drills ... it is always worth the money.

I can't stress that enough! I paid around £400 for mine from young nails, I've had it 4 years and use it everyday, it has been worth every penny. I know that reputable companys offer to service them too.

I had a tech at the salon that had a £60 one off e-bay, it vibrated way too much, you had to use a key to unlock the bits and there was no guarantee! :eek:

Hi
i use JD700 :) 5 years, i love them i can't live without her :)

I have a KP3000 I bought from NSI and im booked on their e-file course for november, although its gonna take me about 4 hours drive to Manchester i think its worth it.

I am loving my Kupa KP-3000 with it's KP36 handpiece. It's not top of the line, but it's a great drill and will last forever. I ordered my direct from the Kupa website. Don't go cheap whatever you do!! It will only end up being wasted money as a cheap drill will need replaced. The hand piece is the important part, not the box that you turn on... as the motor for the drill is in the hand piece.

Make sure you get something with enough torque as mentioned or it will hurt the client. 30 or better or you will get excessive vibration which will be very uncomfortable for your client. Also, large super heavy e-files can give you hand cramps - and that is not fun. Bottom line you want something slim enough, light enough and powerful enough to do the job.

The other thing you will need to look into are quality carbide bits and the proper sanders.

Forgot to mention which one I have! I have the Erica MT20, I got it from Young Nails. The best thing for me is that the handpiece is so much lighter than many others.

Forgot to mention which one I have! I have the Erica MT20, I got it from Young Nails. The best thing for me is that the handpiece is so much lighter than many others.

I also use this file and find the had piece very light. Although Young nails have just introduced the new YN file and I am almost sure the will have it at the G-Mex show.

Hope this inofrmation helps

I got told off someone the other day the drills are being banned in the uk in april 2010 has anyone else heard this or know if it is true??

I got told off someone the other day the drills are being banned in the uk in april 2010 has anyone else heard this or know if it is true??

yada yada yada ... don't believe everything you 'hear'.

No they will not be banned. Do you not think if this were true, it would have been publiscised here on the salon geek site???

The knowledge on this site is cutting edge .. proactive and not reactive .... you would have heard it here first, trust me.

Well i thought that and thats why i asked the question on here Thanks

Latest posts

Back