Nail mail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been eyeing up the ink London products for a while now. I currently use shellac and love it but I can only ever seem to get a max of 2 weeks for my clients before they see lifting so I'm wanting to offer an alternative too. Can I ask what you think of ink London? Would it be a good alternative to shellac? Any advise would be really appreciated as I've only been qualified for 6 months as feel it could also be something I'm missing during my shellac application, even though I am very particular on my prep and capping

I'm currently offering iLac, Gelish and the colour changing Gel 2 polishes. iLac is a hybrid polish just like Shellac, meaning it has less gel content compared to a pure gel polish such as Gelish. However INK offer their Fortify gel to be used either under or above colour coats for more strength. I'm getting great results on my own nails, but find Gelish is a lot better for heavy handed clients, however it's a lot bulkier on the nail. iLac goes on thin and smooth like Shellac.

INK also removes like a dream, just like Shellac it takes about 10 mins to soak off.

I personally offer it alongside gelish, but have a lot more colours on offer. I'm going to keep offering Gelish until I've done the iLac course and hopefully mastered how to get better wear out of it.

I would recommend getting the trial kit a go as we all get along better or worse with various products.

This is actually my first order from INK London so I wouldn't be able to give you any feedback on them as yet.

I currently use Shellac and Gelish, getting 2 weeks out of Shellac is great as Its marketed up to 14 days wear so ideally you want to removing and reapplying around the 2 week mark anyway. I have been looking into replacing Gelish with either iLac or Cuccio (but am yet to trial both).

Are you wanting to offer their ilac alongside Shellac? Perhaps @Anna Ljungberg @cheeka or @nailedit00 could give you some insight as they all currently use iLac xx
I see well I hope you like it and thank you for getting back to me. That's put my mind at rest about the shellac thank you for that, I feel some of my clients aren't impressed and want to go 3-4 weeks between reapplication. I have said that maybe shellac isn't right for them and have been honest about wear but I'm still getting the same impression. just wanting to offer a harder wearing alternative really. Thank you for the contacts on here too I will try contact them as long as they don't mind

I hope you get on well with your ink London order x

Have you seen there's new CJP colours soon. I'm REALLY excited [emoji51]
I knowwwww and files ❤️❤️ Can't waittttt. I'm also In love with the CN forms lol x

I'm currently offering iLac, Gelish and the colour changing Gel 2 polishes. iLac is a hybrid polish just like Shellac, meaning it has less gel content compared to a pure gel polish such as Gelish. However INK offer their Fortify gel to be used either under or above colour coats for more strength. I'm getting great results on my own nails, but find Gelish is a lot better for heavy handed clients, however it's a lot bulkier on the nail. iLac goes on thin and smooth like Shellac.

INK also removes like a dream, just like Shellac it takes about 10 mins to soak off.

I personally offer it alongside gelish, but have a lot more colours on offer. I'm going to keep offering Gelish until I've done the iLac course and hopefully mastered how to get better wear out of it.

I would recommend getting the trial kit a go as we all get along better or worse with various products.
Thank you for the advice that's really kind. I'm trying to figure out what to offer and then investing in the course and kit as I like to know I'm offering/ doing the right thing for my clients.

Its hard getting your head around all the products and brands and knowing what will be the best product for you. I guess it is all down to technique and getting on with each product.

I do like the idea of being able to offer a fortifying gel to strengthen, that's one of the reasons I chose shellac as I can offer brisa gel along with it.

Thank you for the advice I think the trial kit would be worth an investment and possibly a couple of gelish items too

I see well I hope you like it and thank you for getting back to me. That's put my mind at rest about the shellac thank you for that, I feel some of my clients aren't impressed and want to go 3-4 weeks between reapplication. I have said that maybe shellac isn't right for them and have been honest about wear but I'm still getting the same impression. just wanting to offer a harder wearing alternative really. Thank you for the contacts on here too I will try contact them as long as they don't mind

I hope you get on well with your ink London order x
No problem. If you are looking for something a little harder wearing I'd personally recommend Gelish, as Anna mentioned it's not a hybrid like shellac is and is a lot more hard wearing. I personally really like Gelish, it wears well, there is a much larger Colour choice and overall I find it to be a nice product. If you are looking for something that lasts a little longer (and bare in mind I'm saying this as I haven't yet trialed the others) Gelish markets their product with up to 3 weeks wear. Remember though that no matter how great your prep and application is if your clients aren't following aftercare they can face chips/lifting etc

And thank you, I can't wait, been wanting to try it for ages now xx

It really is, they are shipping internationally soon toooo xx
I know how exciting! :) I feel like 2017 may be a beans on toast year with so many new and exciting things coming out and companies offering intl shipping, I can hear my credit card crying already xx

I know how exciting! :) I feel like 2017 may be a beans on toast year with so many new and exciting things coming out and companies offering intl shipping, I can hear my credit card crying already xx
Minimum payment for 6 months

Could you put up a link please this is a fab idea I neeeeeeed one
I will! I put a link up before but I think it was a link to my personal eBay account so I deleted it lol, let me find it x

I've been eyeing up the ink London products for a while now. I currently use shellac and love it but I can only ever seem to get a max of 2 weeks for my clients before they see lifting so I'm wanting to offer an alternative too. Can I ask what you think of ink London? Would it be a good alternative to shellac? Any advise would be really appreciated as I've only been qualified for 6 months as feel it could also be something I'm missing during my shellac application, even though I am very particular on my prep and capping
I have to agree with what other geeks have said, it is brill but it is a hybrid polish like shellac so if they aren't getting wear with shellac chances are they won't with iLac :) I have fortify and on my bendy nails I get longer wear but still not enough. If they are getting 2 weeks wear I would suggest maybe they aren't looking after their shellac as if your prep was inadequate they wouldn't get past a few days in my opinion so I would look for an alternative such as Gelish of OPI.. I haven't used them but they are just gel not a hybrid so they are more hard wearing. I just use iLac and shellac so for heavy handed clients I do gel polish over a hard gel overlay x

I have to agree with what other geeks have said, it is brill but it is a hybrid polish like shellac so if they aren't getting wear with shellac chances are they won't with iLac :) I have fortify and on my bendy nails I get longer wear but still not enough. If they are getting 2 weeks wear I would suggest maybe they aren't looking after their shellac as if your prep was inadequate they wouldn't get past a few days in my opinion so I would look for an alternative such as Gelish of OPI.. I haven't used them but they are just gel not a hybrid so they are more hard wearing. I just use iLac and shellac so for heavy handed clients I do gel polish over a hard gel overlay x
Thank you for your honesty I really appreciate it. I think you're right I didn't realise it was a hybrid polish so I'll prob find the same issues. I think I might try brisa underneath first and see how that wears as an alternative rather than a different brand.

Thanks again

Thank you for your honesty I really appreciate it. I think you're right I didn't realise it was a hybrid polish so I'll prob find the same issues. I think I might try brisa underneath first and see how that wears as an alternative rather than a different brand.

Thanks again

Have you considered Shellacs Duraforce Top Coat - apologies if I've missed a bit of the conversation and you've tried it. I get lost on this big thread about what I have or haven't read :p:oops:

Have you considered Shellacs Duraforce Top Coat - apologies if I've missed a bit of the conversation and you've tried it. I get lost on this big thread about what I have or haven't read :p:oops:
Hi

Funny you should say that I've just receive mine today as that was the next thing I was going to try. I'll have to give it a go on my family over the next few weeks and see how they get on with it then offer it to clients once I know the results.

Thank you though I appreciate you trying to help me.

Ok all of my Black Friday goods have arrived!
IMG_0086.JPG

Latest posts

Back