Nail mail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which MG's did you get? And is the green polish a Creative play?

I got 2 colour changing ones and Soul Mate. I'm rly curious to try them!
The green one is a All That Jazz polish, I'm hoping it will stamp well for Christmas!

The green one is a All That Jazz polish, I'm hoping it will stamp well for Christmas!
I'm guessing that's a bag, where did you get it from I'm struggling to get a bag that stores everything but in sections.

Soul mate looks really nice. I was too and those sale emails kept coming so I thought why not lol, I also got 2 chameleons and then I got 2 blues. I've swatched them already and they do look lovely.

It does look like a nice green :)

Am I weird that I'm put off Madam Glam because of how the bottles look?! I'm really curious to find out about their builder gels; I almost bought some but the colour I wanted was sold out- sounds a similar concept to the gelbottles ones but *looks* as though you can use their regular base and top coat with them! X

Am I weird that I'm put off Madam Glam because of how the bottles look?! I'm really curious to find out about their builder gels; I almost bought some but the colour I wanted was sold out- sounds a similar concept to the gelbottles ones but *looks* as though you can use their regular base and top coat with them! X
I feel like their bottles are a bit of a mish mash, I got 2 chameleons and they came in different bottles to the others I got. I was also curious about the builder, and was going to grab a few more colours but I went back and forth for a day or so and when I went back the majority of the items in my cart were sold out. So not sure if that was a sign :p:D

Soul mate looks really nice. I was too and those sale emails kept coming so I thought why not lol, I also got 2 chameleons and then I got 2 blues. I've swatched them already and they do look lovely.

It does look like a nice green :)

I know right...I've never tried MG before so I was just curious. Nothing I'm going to invest in, but must say I love their colour selection!

I feel like their bottles are a bit of a mish mash, I got 2 chameleons and they came in different bottles to the others I got. I was also curious about the builder, and was going to grab a few more colours but I went back and forth for a day or so and when I went back the majority of the items in my cart were sold out. So not sure if that was a sign :p:D

Yeah all of the 3 colours I got came in different bottles, I find it weird lol.

I know right...I've never tried MG before so I was just curious. Nothing I'm going to invest in, but must say I love their colour selection!
I agree I wouldn't go mad and invest heavily. But there were a few colours that really appealed to me, and I wanted to try their no wipe topcoat as well

Me too - I was really confused when I opened the box

Ps sorry everyone I know it's not a pro product this was just for bottle weirdness demonstration :p
RenderedContent-64FEECCD-D235-4948-8C83-B04F4DB2439C.JPG

Gahh this puts me off even more! I feel like the bottles make it look like a cheaper product, a bit like when you buy fake stuff from China! (Id like to point out I've never been stupid enough to buy pro-fakes from China!) but now I know the bottles aren't all the same this upsets my OCD!! [emoji23] I'm looking forward to CJPs new labelling that I'm sure I read about as that feels the same to me lookswise.

Gahh this puts me off even more! I feel like the bottles make it look like a cheaper product, a bit like when you buy fake stuff from China! (Id like to point out I've never been stupid enough to buy pro-fakes from China!) but now I know the bottles aren't all the same this upsets my OCD!! [emoji23] I'm looking forward to CJPs new labelling that I'm sure I read about as that feels the same to me lookswise.
Lol! The ones on the top row don't feel bad or cheap in anyway although I did notice they have a bit of a strange smell it's quite sweet, but the one on the bottom right definitely reminds me of the fake Shellacs from China or wherever you always see pics of. Loved your pro-fake comment hahaha.

You know I noticed another thing after I posted this pic , why are all the labels different colours too? I wonder if it's meant to mean something - I really don't know enough about the packaging/bottle size/shape to know the difference.

You mean CJP Jello is getting similar packaging to MG?

It really is, they are shipping internationally soon toooo xx
Oh no, and I just started on INK... now I have to try CJP too!

I'm currently offering iLac, Gelish and the colour changing Gel 2 polishes. iLac is a hybrid polish just like Shellac, meaning it has less gel content compared to a pure gel polish such as Gelish. However INK offer their Fortify gel to be used either under or above colour coats for more strength. I'm getting great results on my own nails, but find Gelish is a lot better for heavy handed clients, however it's a lot bulkier on the nail. iLac goes on thin and smooth like Shellac.

INK also removes like a dream, just like Shellac it takes about 10 mins to soak off.

I personally offer it alongside gelish, but have a lot more colours on offer. I'm going to keep offering Gelish until I've done the iLac course and hopefully mastered how to get better wear out of it.

I would recommend getting the trial kit a go as we all get along better or worse with various products.
Might I ask what lamp do you use? Do you have both INK lamp and 18G? Because they seem the same lamp to me

Might I ask what lamp do you use? Do you have both INK lamp and 18G? Because they seem the same lamp to me

I was advised the ink lamp would cure gelish and the 18g would cure ink, so as it stands I only have the ink lamp. I currently only have about 5 gelish colours as I was trying it for one of my heavy handed clients, but I think if I were to properly bring gelish in i might look at investing in the 18g.

I'm definitely no expert, but I'm pretty sure the 2 lamps are identical in specs. They both cure at the same wavelength, at the same wattage. I'm not advocating using the incorrect lamp.

You mean CJP Jello is getting similar packaging to MG?
No, I didn't mean for their Jello's.. I don't have any of them yet, I only have the slow trial kit. I mean the white labels on them.. I am by NO MEANS a snob or stuck up, but the clients I want to cater for in my area are very similar to me, who often take things on face value. I suppose I can only really compare the monomer bottle properly, as the polymers are only in tiny pots, but when I compare the CJP bottle to my INK acrylink and CND retention + bottle the two latter look a lot better! I know labelling definitely does not make a brand, but it's the thing I'd pick up on if I went into someone else's salon and currently the only clients I've had turn up and are disapprovingly somehow surprised that my home salon is in a flat so I'm trying to really add to the pamper and posh vibe! But as I said, I know on the facebook group they mentioned new labelling. It's not stopping me from hovering over the checkout button for a number of CJP acrylic colours, the master system and their brush though!! and you lot are bad (bad-good) influences!! x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480547144.052908.jpg

Nothing excites me quite like glitter mail

No, I didn't mean for their Jello's.. I don't have any of them yet, I only have the slow trial kit. I kmean the white labels on them.. I am by NO MEANS a snob or stuck up, but the clients I want to cater for in my area are very similar to me, who often take things on face value. I suppose I can only really compare the monomer bottle properly, as the polymers are only in tiny pots, but when I compare the CJP bottle to my INK acrylink and CND retention + bottle the two latter look a lot better! I know labelling definitely does not make a brand, but it's the thing I'd pick up on if I went into someone else's salon and currently the only clients I've had turn up and are disapprovingly somehow surprised that my home salon is in a flat so I'm trying to really add to the pamper and posh vibe! But as I said, I know on the facebook group they mentioned new labelling. It's not stopping me from hovering over the checkout button for a number of CJP acrylic colours, the master system and their brush though!! and you lot are bad (bad-good) influences!! x
I do know what you mean, I am a sucker for packaging myself. I buy the salon sizes so I don't have them on display really, and my colours are all in a young nails organiser so I hopeeee they don't change them too much as they fit perfectly, I use a pump dispenser for my liquid and I got some really cute glass pots from poshtotty lol that I put my main colours in, But I see why they did cut costs on packaging, very small company just starting out. And their prices are fantastic. But I am excited for the new packaging :D

Latest posts

Back