Nail parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t35

Reaction score
Hi all

I am thinking of advertising as doing nail parties, be it girlies or ladies, more ladies nights in i would think would suit for christmas....Has anyone got any advice as to how this could work....
I was thinking of min 4 people and either the host gets a £10 voucher to spend with me and all the ladies pay say £12 (gel polish) or 10 mini mani plus normal polish which are both slightly cheaper than i would charge as an individual appt....or the ladies pay but the host goes free??
Also does anyone do anything different to their normal way of application to cut their timings down a little for the parties, bearing in mind if there are 6 ladies having gel polish it could be quite a long night!?
An advice appreciated Thankyou

Hi all

I am thinking of advertising as doing nail parties, be it girlies or ladies, more ladies nights in i would think would suit for christmas....Has anyone got any advice as to how this could work....
I was thinking of min 4 people and either the host gets a £10 voucher to spend with me and all the ladies pay say £12 (gel polish) or 10 mini mani plus normal polish which are both slightly cheaper than i would charge as an individual appt....or the ladies pay but the host goes free??
Also does anyone do anything different to their normal way of application to cut their timings down a little for the parties, bearing in mind if there are 6 ladies having gel polish it could be quite a long night!?
An advice appreciated Thankyou

You could:

Ask guests to arrive with no nail polish on.
Send out a consultation form beforehand.
Email images of your colours

I don't think you can cut anything down on a service, you still need to do a full treatment. The idea of these parties is that these guests in turn will be come your clients. You must also charge what you would charge them normally, perhaps add something in (gift bag, money off a treatment etc).

Michelle x

I'd put a limit on before you can give out a £10 voucher or free gift so you make sure you're going to make money.

Like there's always going to be one awkward party where there's only one or two people who'll get their nails done then the rest just sit there just to get free gifts etc.

Depending on the amount of people in the party, set a limit, if there's 4 people make a limit. Say if you make £60 from the party then the host gets a voucher. That way the host will probably be on your side and encourage their friends to spend their money! ;) x

I do Shellac parties. Host gets hers free if I do 4 other paying Shellac manicures or toes. They all get a goody bag (so 5 goody bags) and I actually charge slightly more to cover the cost of my petrol.

What do you put in the goodie bags? This is such a good idea but am worried I could end up out of pocket if only a couple decided to have theirs done? 😄

Put it in your Ts and Cs that they pay a deposit if they want a treatment.

What do you put in the goodie bags? This is such a good idea but am worried I could end up out of pocket if only a couple decided to have theirs done? 😄

Goodie bags only to those who have a treatment.

What system do you use?

guys thats really helpful thankyou for your time and advice, i like the idea of if i make x amount of money the host gets voucher or discount......what do you use in goodie bags, i could give cuticle oil or something but like an above post, i don't want to be out of pocket.
I was thinking maybe charge the ladies my usual amount then instead of cheaper like i initially thought then offering them 15% off their next booking if they booked on the night perhaps.....and then giving the host the voucher off next appointment, would the host still pay for her nails on the night too if she received voucher too....or host gets 50% on the night treatment
sorry im stressing!!!!!!!! dont want to regret what i offer and not done this before!!!

I haven't done any yet but I've basically said get 4 friends to each have gelish mani at the discount price of £12 each and the host get theirs free

I offer ladies nights. 4 ladies get "Gelished" for £15 each saving £5 nail art not included (i only offer basic art as limited time). I take business cards and price list and have gained regular clients and regular parties from doing so :)

I offer ladies nights. 4 ladies get "Gelished" for £15 each saving £5 nail art not included (i only offer basic art as limited time). I take business cards and price list and have gained regular clients and regular parties from doing so :)

£15 is a better price I think - that is a £10 saving on my regular price and I say it is minimum of 5 people with hostess free. If you keep your head down on your job and let everyone chat around you, you will be surprised how quick you are, knowing what a busy night it is! Nice little earners and they often repeat book. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

Great idea- was wondering what do u pit in goodie bag??

Some cuticle oil, a file and some rubber gloves!! :)

Hi all, I too was thinking of doing this as I have just started out so need to get some clients going!

I was currently offering Gelish at £20 but have had nothing so thinking of dropping to £15 to get the clients in. But now I am thinking of staying at £20 and then offering the party, charging £15 per person then host goes free? Then if they rebook that night with me they get 10% of their first treatment?

Good idea? Xx

ahh thankyou, i think im going with the goodie bag idea of oil and file perhaps, ladies paying ful price but if book on the night receive discount off next appt... Host will then get voucher off her next booking if she gets min 4 plus herself....Thanks guys x

I wouldn't put a file in a goody bag as if they start filing your capped edges they'll chip. It drives me up the wall when people file it after they've been told not to with reasons! X

Hi all, sorry to jump on this post but would like your feedback on this before I advertise it. I am thinking about offering pamper parties. Just started out and struggling to get clients so thought this would be ideal. I currently offer Gelish at £20 and was going to advertise this:

💖Get Gelished! Have a Pamper Party!

How about having a girly pamper evening at your own home? Invite a min of 4 of your friends round who all pay just £15 each (that's a £5 saving!) to have their nails Gelished and as the host you have your nails done for free! And if you all book your next appointment with me on the night you will receive 10% off your first treatment!
What more could you want? Great company and your nails pampered..message me for more details or to book an appointment.

What do you think? Is it a good idea to offer the host free? Or should I discount hers to £10 or £12? I don't retail any products so cannot offer goody bags at the mo. This is purely just for Gelish only and maybe some quick nail art/gems and rockstar but nothing detailed.

Your honest feedback would be appreciated, thanks :)

Hi all, sorry to jump on this post but would like your feedback on this before I advertise it. I am thinking about offering pamper parties. Just started out and struggling to get clients so thought this would be ideal. I currently offer Gelish at £20 and was going to advertise this:

💖Get Gelished! Have a Pamper Party!

How about having a girly pamper evening at your own home? Invite a min of 4 of your friends round who all pay just £15 each (that's a £5 saving!) to have their nails Gelished and as the host you have your nails done for free! And if you all book your next appointment with me on the night you will receive 10% off your first treatment!
What more could you want? Great company and your nails pampered..message me for more details or to book an appointment.

What do you think? Is it a good idea to offer the host free? Or should I discount hers to £10 or £12? I don't retail any products so cannot offer goody bags at the mo. This is purely just for Gelish only and maybe some quick nail art/gems and rockstar but nothing detailed.

Your honest feedback would be appreciated, thanks :)

That sounds good Hun, that's very similar to what I offer. I offer 15 with basic nail art on ring finger (that's if they want it) which is 25% off. I usually charge the host though also so maybe will change that now! Lol xx

Well that's what I was thinking.. Do I charge the host or not?? Just need to get clients in but without loosing out on money! Xx

Latest posts

Back