Nail Polish/Gelish/Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bella Beautique

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Can anyone recommend a nail polish/gel etc that doesnt have ANY ODOURS, FUMES or DUST?

I cant use your regular nail polishes due to it getting on my chest really badly ( I've asthma )

Any help for a newbie would be greatly appreciated xxx

Hi Ladies

Can anyone recommend a nail polish/gel etc that doesnt have ANY ODOURS, FUMES or DUST?

I cant use your regular nail polishes due to it getting on my chest really badly ( I've asthma )

How horrible for you.Have you tried using a mask?x

Hi, I have tried using a mask and I can still smell the polish etc

It's even stopped me from having my nails done too :-(

I'd have to wear an industrial one like those who work in a paint plant haha xx

Hi Ladies

Try Shellac.:D

Pronto cuccio gels have no odour, I have asthma and they are fine :) hth.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Have you tried a desktop vacuum filter, like valentino, that pulls the dust and fumes down away from you?

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

A Valentino won't take care of vapours (not the same as fumes-fumes occur when something burns. Vapours are the result of a liquid evaporating).

If you are also sensitive to vapours, then I would suggest an extraction system that removes vapours in addition to dust - Doug Schoon could best advise what ACTUALLY works (lots of fakes out there). The ones I've seen are costly, in the neighborhood of $1000.00 or more.

All liquids evaporate. The question is which vapours are you sensitive to (which chemicals) and how much it takes to trigger a reaction. Knowing will help you to determine which products you can use by reading their ingredients.

Perhaps see an allergist to help determine this?

hth's

forgot to mention; lack of odour does NOT mean that their are no vapours.
Don't be misled by that.
Such as in the case of odourless acrylics or for example, an odourless oven cleaner...vapours are still released.

Uv Gels, as far as I know, do not release vapours. HOWEVER produce dust when filed. Vapours are also released by acetone when you soak them off.

For uv polish hybrids, ie: Shellac, I don't know if vapours are released but I assume so since they can thicken and contain some of the same elements as polish.

Doug Schoon could best answer this.

But it all comes back to 'what' you are specifically sensitive to, which requires an allergist.

Shellac does have a smell, yes, it's mild and doesn't smell as strong as other products, but I wouldn't say it's odourless, definitely not...

Latest posts

Back