Nail polish in Gel???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tips_n_toes

Reaction score
I was talking to a tech about colored gel and she told me that you could mix any color of nail polish in with clear gel and would get the same effect as if you used actual colored gel...:eek:I am not sure what to think! has anyone out there tried it? I am thinking it could save me boat loads of cash if she is right... but I am to chicken to try it on my clients. Also if you do this...what is the mix ratio that you use?

I was talking to a tech about colored gel and she told me that you could mix any color of nail polish in with clear gel and would get the same effect as if you used actual colored gel...:eek:I am not sure what to think! has anyone out there tried it? I am thinking it could save me boat loads of cash if she is right... but I am to chicken to try it on my clients. Also if you do this...what is the mix ratio that you use?

Hi ya,

Yeah, im pretty sure you can add polish to gel , i remember there being a thread about it on here a while back.
I havnt tried it myself as i dont use much gel but will go and look to see if i can find the thread for you.
Here it is, hths.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/64369-nail-varnish-gel.html

Haze x

Last edited:
Wow, I never knew this, will have to have a go!

I have tried it with Brisa gel. The problem, in my experience, is that in order to keep the gel the right viscosity the polish is too translucent.

Hi! you can add airbrush paint to brush on gel that works realy well...

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 15,517

Latest posts

Back