Nail polish remover for removing enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lana-Jayne

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive read somewhere that you can use nail polish remover that contains acetone to remove gel and acrylic enhancements.Is this correct?
Thanks in advance x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hi

I use gel soak off for bio sculpture gel and d-solve for shellac.. As far as i know using polish remover containing acetone wouldnt work particuarlly well but ive never tried it as i use what products are reccomended.. Find out what the brand your using reccomends for removal and stick with that.. :)

Thanks for your reply....i use dream products so do use their tip remover i was just wondering if what i read was correct x

No probs :) i would stick to what your using.. Your doing it correctly x

ive always used tip remover and can get a set off within 20 mins easily, a while back i knocked the whole bottle off the desk literally minutes before my client was due in and i had no more of it so thought just use acetone... omg! an hour half later still nothing in end i practically filed the acrylic all off by hand .. never ever again and i now have about ten bottles in the stock room..

not saying it does not work but for me it didnt perhaps it would do using certain tehcniques but id never change from the proper product xx

See i have used the tip remover(only on my own nails as im still practicing) and it took over an hour to soak the gel off. It came off flakey too!i know your suposed to use a full system but i just wondered if there was a better alternative. Plus the bottle is only tiny so i used the majority of it just for one removal. Unless im doing something wrong??

Nail polish remover will not be effective in taking off enhancements and you will be there for hours lol

Pure acetone is the way forward.takes me 20 mins xx

Thanks Coleen will give it a try x

I used polish remover once by mistake I was having an off day took me about an hour and half. I was really hacked off hadn't noticed I had picked up wrong bottle. Mind you client was so grateful I took the time she has been a regular ever since with shellac xxx

Thanks Coleen will give it a try x

Your very welcome just to add if your gel is soak off gel it will work but if it's a hard gel as in buff off gel you will have to file it off hun xx

ive always used tip remover and can get a set off within 20 mins easily, a while back i knocked the whole bottle off the desk literally minutes before my client was due in and i had no more of it so thought just use acetone... omg! an hour half later still nothing in end i practically filed the acrylic all off by hand .. never ever again and i now have about ten bottles in the stock room..

not saying it does not work but for me it didnt perhaps it would do using certain tehcniques but id never change from the proper product xx

Tip remover is acetone. It may have things added to it and in some cases is more expensive than pure acetone, but don't be fooled!

Latest posts

Back