nail polish won't stay on no matter what I do.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annemac

Reaction score
:confused:Hi All,
My niece is a problem, do all the right prep when doing a manicure, put on base coat then polish and finally top coat. With in a couple of hours it is flaking off. It doesn't seem to matter what products you use it happens every time. Has anyone got any answers, I have asked at college but they don't have any answers. Please help.

Talk us through your process - lets see if there is something you are missing:)

What polishes are you using ?

maincure as normal, after massage I use acetone free remover to remove any oil on the nails. All the manicure products are creative. Base is creative, I have tried OPI, Creative, Attitude, Rimmel, avon, and others. Then top coat which is creative. I have tried other base coats and top coats and same every time within a couple of hours it starts coming off. Even when she does it her self at home.

Are you putting the nails into soak during the manicure?

Is she picking at it? What does she do in the first couple of hours after a manicure?

Try buffing the nail to remove shine then Scrub Fresh rub the scrub fresh as if removeing red polish. Hope this helps.

Tricia

first yes I am soaking during the manicure,second no she is not picking at it and third I will try the scrubfresh idea. thanx

We have sat and watched her and it seems to lift off the nail as if maybe she has to much oil in her nails or something. I am at a lose.

if you soak then it can come from that

try once without a soak and with non oily products for a couple of hours before and see how it goes

first yes I am soaking during the manicure,second no she is not picking at it and third I will try the scrubfresh idea. thanx

Drop the soak out of your service, the nail plate is made up of approx 100 layers of keritinised cells that sit ontop and next to each other (imagine a stack of logs). During a soak, water gets in between the air spaces and swells the nail plate, when the moisture content comes out of the nail the nail reverts back to its original state and your polish will simply peel off.
David

When she does her nails at home she doesn't soak them and it still happens.

When she does her nails at home she doesn't soak them and it still happens.

Is she wiping over the nailplate first with polish remover and is she using a polish remover with conditioners added in, these can also leave an oily residue on the nail.
David

I will find out and suggest she use something else. thanx I need all the help I can get as she is a performer and it doesn't help losing her nail polish half way through a performance.

Has she tried having coloured gels overlayed onto her nails? There si more ongoing maintainence with these but if she likes to wear colour all the time then this might be an option for her.

She might go for that, but i would really like to find out what the problem is as I might have a client with the same problem one day.

I'm afraid gel won't stay much longer

I have a problem keeping gel on, so she might as well. I had a set of gels put on on thursday and they are lifting already. I have no problems with acrylics. would coloured acrylic suit her better.

it all depends... i can't keep gel either... my nails refuse it!

but if it's an oil problem, nothing will stay, except maybe microwrap or close.

sorry I am only a beginner but what is microwrap or close. sorry for my ignorance.

it can be me... ;);)

microwrap, fiberglass, silk... do you see what it is?

Latest posts

Back