Nail printer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
has anyone used a nail printer?

no-one used one?! you put your hands in the printer and it prints pictures directly onto your nails. you can even have photos. looks really good and i just wanted to know if anyone has used one or had their nails done.:)

:Grope: I have never used one but a salon I know has one. I was told you have to put and keep your hands really still for a good result. The salon i know said they are expensive. It was bought as a pressie for her :hug:only seen the one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just bought a nail printer on ebay. you can view the results on you tube they look amazing and they print 5 nails in around 20 seconds you can charge £2 per nail so there is alot of proffit to be made so although they are expensive you can very easily make your money back in no time at all.
my printer is a dreamagic printer and at the moment they are on special offer costing £499

Hi there I have not heard of a nail printer but would be interested in seeing a pic of one and finding out what it does :)

I have just spent the last hour n half trawling chinese websites, ebay, YouTube etc to see what all the fuss is about these nail printers. I've heard they are very big in the US. They seem too good to be true, thinking of grovelling to hubby to buy one for my birthday to use in my salon. Has anybody actually seen any of the designs, is the quality of the print professional enough to replace hand painted art. Here in Ireland there are alot of foreign girls that are fantastic at the gel/acrylic nails so competition is high. Thought maybe nail printers might be the way to increase profit plus inject some new appealing ideas to clients. Any opinions, anyone???

Hello everyone,

I have nail printers in my shop here in the philippines. And yes, its an alternative to hand painted nails. It prints even your good quality photos on your nails by just adding it to the nail printer gallery. But the client's hands should be very still to get their nail prints done beautifully or else prints would be disaligned. You have to put white polish for better result then the special top coat for the nails to be identified by the computer.:)

I've got an Imaginail Nail jet pro Imaginail but it never really took off and it was hard to make a profit on it. Quality also left a lot to be desired. It prints well on the highest part of the nail, but distorts and looses focus where the nail curves away.

Clients were only willing to pay around £10 a set and even then they weren't always happy with the results.

There's a lot more to it than you might think. Firstly you need to file and tidy up then you need to apply a base coat, then a UV coat, then a canvas coat. All these need at least 10 min drying time.

Four fingers at a time and then thumbs are placed into the printer and if your lucky the image will be cantered and in focus, If not you have to start again:irked:. Finally you apply top coat.

Taking all this into account and the time needed for the client to chose a design and you've, probably, spent around an hour of your time!

If you are determined to buy one, I would advise you to see a demonstration first and find out the costs of all the consumables

HTH
jes

Spend you money on Minx ... you'll get more business and not have to spend a fortune on outlay for the machine.

i don't think you can beat doing nail art by hand myself.

Gosh i asked this question in February last year!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my gosh i never noticed x what did you decide? out of interest...

I decided not to get one! Think it was too fiddly and too time consuming :)

Latest posts

Back